• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Make MCSG better. Not worse. AWARENESS.

iancool

Diamond
Reaction score
Honestly I don't even try to approach admins anymore. My reason is all of my friends have been banned for approaching anyone in the admin crew. My friend poked Dave on ts "Thank you for your work on the staff team. It is appreciated." Dave continues to ban him.

Echo/Haydn

Platinum
Reaction score
My friend poked Dave on ts "Thank you for your work on the staff team. It is appreciated." Dave continues to ban him.
Well thats a fun story, If he got banned for saying "Thank you for your work on the staff team" I don't think dave would still have a bold red tag. just saying, people who get banned always have a reason, the person that gets banned always makes up another reason to look innocent, then there friends back them up and believe there story rather than the other person. unless you have evidence then you can't prove your "friend" was telling the truth.

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So, a few questions that I have.
- What is the best way to arrange a one-on-one talk with you or another Admin? PMs, emails, pokes, what?
- Is there a general timeframe in which you're not busy?
- Do PMs count as someone coming to talk to you? TS isn't always convenient.
- In a private, closed-doors talk, would someone run the risk of being banned or punished for stating something that might be critical of MCSG, even if it is in a civilized debate? I mean something like a ban with the reason set as, "Approved by Chad", which can be personally taken to mean that you didn't actually have a valid reason, you just wanted the person gone. Hypothetically, of course.
- When you say that it's not true when people assume that you'll lose your temper, does that mean that you are saying you won't lose your temper, or that you probably won't lose your temper, and that the person will just have to wait and see if you actually do? Because people don't exactly like getting yelled at by a stranger.

(And yeah, in case you're wondering, I am trying to think of a way to ask you a few questions in private without getting my rear end handed to me on a silver ban-platter. And no, I'm not trying to offend you, if anything I'm actually trying to be really civil, so please try not to take offense to something that I say.)
thank you for posting this. this is the most civil way i have ever seen anyone ask questions i am not going to answer them on here as with my typing you will not understand a word but feel free to message me or a sr mod to set up a meeting with me that way its guaranteed u will talk to me.

iancool

Diamond
Reaction score
Well thats a fun story, If he got banned for saying "Thank you for your work on the staff team" I don't think dave would still have a bold red tag. just saying, people who get banned always have a reason, the person that gets banned always makes up another reason to look innocent, then there friends back them up and believe there story rather than the other person. unless you have evidence then you can't prove your "friend" was telling the truth.
I wouldn't be his friend if I didn't believe him. You expect me to say "Screenshot it and I'll believe it" to everything? No. I for one believe him and my other friend got perma banned for the evidence "4head"

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Honestly I don't even try to approach admins anymore. My reason is all of my friends have been banned for approaching anyone in the admin crew. My friend poked Dave on ts "Thank you for your work on the staff team. It is appreciated." Dave continues to ban him.
that is soooo not true please check your facts i would never ban someone for saying that

thejambd

Platinum
Reaction score
A few spelling errors and grammatical mistakes but the message was clear and concise and maybe it could just make MCG a better place.

TheGemProject

Career
Reaction score
"We're all human, We all make mistakes"
Judging from the comments, These were probably wrote during an outburst of anger towards the staff. They made a mistake, You're not going to stop hate, That's a fact. As long as the majority of the community likes the staff, We're fine. If the majority of the community don't like the staff, Then THAT'S when we make a change.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
"We're all human, We all make mistakes"
Judging from the comments, These were probably wrote during an outburst of anger towards the staff. They made a mistake, You're not going to stop hate, That's a fact. As long as the majority of the community likes the staff, We're fine. If the majority of the community don't like the staff, Then THAT'S when we make a change.
However, there's a little bit of your logic that I believe could be corrected.
The majority.. that's relative. The "majority" of the community, you could say, doesn't even know of the drama that goes down on the forums. But, there's also the active, effective "majority" of the community. Those people are YouTubers, high-ranking players, and well-known members, such as forumers. These are the people that influence other people, through YouTube, connections, social media, hubs, etc., and they are the people that others look up to. If those people aren't satisfied, it's going to have a waterfall-effect on the general "majority".

Edit: Nevertheless, you do have valid points. And the job of MCG's staff is ever-difficult and never-ending... to appease millions of people? That would require something near to a miracle... or a darn smart Chad ;)

iancool

Diamond
Reaction score
However, there's a little bit of your logic that I believe could be corrected.
The majority.. that's relative. The "majority" of the community, you could say, doesn't even know of the drama that goes down on the forums. But, there's also the active, effective "majority" of the community. Those people are YouTubers, high-ranking players, and well-known members, such as forumers. These are the people that influence other people, through YouTube, connections, social media, hubs, etc., and they are the people that others look up to. If those people aren't satisfied, it's going to have a waterfall-effect on the general "majority".

Edit: Nevertheless, you do have valid points. And the job of MCG's staff is ever-difficult and never-ending... to appease millions of people? That would require something near to a miracle... or a darn smart Chad ;)
I really like the way you think, but we both know the staff team could do A LOT better. Back in the v1 days and early v2 it was so much better. The community was kinder and more considerate, as well as the servers were more quality. Although it is a small community that comes from that time, I think that small community wants to have it how great is was before. Also, like you said, generally these older players are the more popular ones that people listen to. My point is that it isn't just e community giving the staff a hard time, they legitimately need to fix many many things, and aren't doing a good job of doing so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci