• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Making MCSG More Popular/Competitive

Do you think a staff adminestered team based competitive addition the server is a good idea?

• Total voters

Kminer56

Platinum
Reaction score
I know I just made a post, but for some reason lots of ideas are flowing through my mind right now.

So a lot of people are complaining about how MCSG is getting worse and things like that. In my opinion this is not really the case. Yes, there are flaws in MCSG, but as a whole, I think it's as great of a server as it has ever been.

But that's not what I want to talk about. MCSG has tried to make the server more competitive by resetting stats and adding gamemodes like SG solo, which you could argue are more fair and competitive, but in my opinion, these are not the correct changes to make to improve the server. MCSG is a fun game to play, but I don't feel like the stats and win/loss system is competitive, nor do I think it should be. With the stats reset and other things, the server has experiences a somewhat equal amount of new players, and players who have lost interest in the server. I may somewhat be one of the second party.

What I think would really make the server more interesting and a hell of a lot more fun, (am I allowed to say that?) is a team based clan-like competition administered by the staff. Think about it. This could be a significant contribution to the state of MCSG. I needn't list details, the concept itself is intriguing, isn't it? There could even be awards, premiums for winners, or an announcement on the forums. The current clan system is pretty much community driven, and it has kind of worn itself out in my opinion, but if it became something more official, I would certainly get involved and I think I speak for many other players. The staff have so much more power than the community on its own.

If you have any opinions or thoughts on this yourself, I would be more than happy if you replied to this post with them.

EDIT: I don't really know a lot about the current state of clan affairs, so, eh, you know, reply if I said something stupid.

fexr

District 13
Reaction score
There are already a lot of clan tournaments out there. It's a good idea but the staff team doesn't really care a lot about clans nowadays.

Kminer56

Platinum
Reaction score
There are already a lot of clan tournaments out there. It's a good idea but the staff team doesn't really care a lot about clans nowadays.
Yeah, that's what I kind of think the problem is. The staff should be more involved in competitive stuff like clans, instead of trying to make the game on its own competitive, since all that does is bring tryhards along.

fexr

District 13
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I kind of think the problem is. The staff should be more involved in competitive stuff like clans, instead of trying to make the game on its own competitive, since all that does is bring tryhards along.
Yeah but MCSG is no longer full of tryhards because of the bad no cheat. There is already a lot of competitiveness here but the no cheat ruins the server.

Speech

Platinum
Reaction score
There are many community events with staff and community members. One is Presidential Games which is pretty fun

It's really hard to be in a clan while being a staff member due to giving time to both the staff team and the clan.

fexr

District 13
Reaction score
There are many community events with staff and community members. One is Presidential Games which is pretty fun

It's really hard to be in a clan while being a staff member due to giving time to both the staff team and the clan.
Yeah its all good.

Kminer56

Platinum
Reaction score

I know that there are a lot of clan thingies these days, but I think it would be cool if it was a bigger thing in the competitive community/more official than all this new stats stuff.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
MCSG was destined to die. You can only get so much enjoyment out of one gamemode before it gets old, and the moment people start forgetting about Hunger Games they'll have forgotten about MCSG. My only idea is to do the same idea: adapt some movies into gamemodes, new movies though.

XNoobRagex

Tribute
Reaction score
Great Idea but one problem... all the staff are randies. I wanted MCSG to become more competitive but the staff never listened to anyone until half a year later so I moved to Hive. eZ problem solved.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci