• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

cokeman5

Spectator
Reaction score
(hope this is in the correct thread, its not really an idea for a new map, but ideas for the current map)

I was just thinking the current map needs some major adjusting to work better together with the plugin that randomizes the chests. First off, there are chests that contain items with stories around them, such as the golden music disc or black beard's sword, but due to the plugin they are not in the chests, so i suggest the sign's be removed or edited. Also since you cannot get the golden disc anymore, I suggest the whole quest should be removed entirely(prize,story,and disc location).

Another topic of concern is the loot in black beard's ship, which has 6 large chests that normally has next to nothing, but due to the plugin, they usually contain enough armor and swords to completely deck out a full team of 3 people, making it nearly impossible for them to lose. On this note, other more difficult chests to get to that originally had very good items to make them worth the risk, now have just as bad of items as any other chest you can find randomly in the ground, as a solution to this, I suggest difficult to get to chests now to have another chest along with them(or be a double chest).

A third issue, is the random holes/caves in the map that are meant for you to fall into, frankly I'm not sure why these are even in the map normally, because when you are stuck in one you are unlikely to die by any means whatsoever. I have had to experience being stuck in a hole on a very out of the way island for a full 30 minutes, and even after wanting to be killed, due to the other plugin, all my cries for mercy went unanswered. I have seen this happen to many others, and it forces everybody in the server to wait for the timer to run out in a very dull match. I suggest every hole you can get stuck in to have either lava, an escape passage, or just be taken away altogether.

I would find this map to be much more fair and entertaining if these problems were addressed somewhere in the near future. Thank you for reading and acknowledging these concerns of mine.

cave_torcher

Spectator
Reaction score
yeah, going along with what cokeman said, i think the chests need to be randomized, maybe even the items inside randomized. people that play the map alot know where all the chests are and take them all. and because you can only rely on items in chests (which, in my opinion is dumb because it so easy to not find a chest and get screwed over and starve to death) it would be very hard to survive. almost unfair.

ps: i think that there should still be chests hidden around the map with fairly good things, but i think that we should be able to break blocks, kill animals, etc.

cokeman5

Spectator
Reaction score
yeah, going along with what cokeman said, i think the chests need to be randomized, maybe even the items inside randomized. people that play the map alot know where all the chests are and take them all. and because you can only rely on items in chests (which, in my opinion is dumb because it so easy to not find a chest and get screwed over and starve to death) it would be very hard to survive. almost unfair.

ps: i think that there should still be chests hidden around the map with fairly good things, but i think that we should be able to break blocks, kill animals, etc.
Um, I think you misunderstood, the chest contents are already randomized and have been since I discovered these servers, but the chests themselves need to be adjusted to make the randomization of the contents more fair.

ImmobileLizard

Survivor
Reaction score
(hope this is in the correct thread, its not really an idea for a new map, but ideas for the current map)

I was just thinking the current map needs some major adjusting to work better together with the plugin that randomizes the chests. First off, there are chests that contain items with stories around them, such as the golden music disc or black beard's sword, but due to the plugin they are not in the chests, so i suggest the sign's be removed or edited. Also since you cannot get the golden disc anymore, I suggest the whole quest should be removed entirely(prize,story,and disc location).

Another topic of concern is the loot in black beard's ship, which has 6 large chests that normally has next to nothing, but due to the plugin, they usually contain enough armor and swords to completely deck out a full team of 3 people, making it nearly impossible for them to lose. On this note, other more difficult chests to get to that originally had very good items to make them worth the risk, now have just as bad of items as any other chest you can find randomly in the ground, as a solution to this, I suggest difficult to get to chests now to have another chest along with them(or be a double chest).

A third issue, is the random holes/caves in the map that are meant for you to fall into, frankly I'm not sure why these are even in the map normally, because when you are stuck in one you are unlikely to die by any means whatsoever. I have had to experience being stuck in a hole on a very out of the way island for a full 30 minutes, and even after wanting to be killed, due to the other plugin, all my cries for mercy went unanswered. I have seen this happen to many others, and it forces everybody in the server to wait for the timer to run out in a very dull match. I suggest every hole you can get stuck in to have either lava, an escape passage, or just be taken away altogether.

I would find this map to be much more fair and entertaining if these problems were addressed somewhere in the near future. Thank you for reading and acknowledging these concerns of mine.
you can still get a gold disc have a skelly kill a creeper me and my friend got in.
also /suicide

cave_torcher

Spectator
Reaction score
Um, I think you misunderstood, the chest contents are already randomized and have been since I discovered these servers, but the chests themselves need to be adjusted to make the randomization of the contents more fair.
i dont believe the locations of the chests are randomized every round........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci