• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Downloads

TaterGamer

Spectator
Reaction score
Okay, does ANYONE know how to get a Minecraft map into a download for other people to download? I've been looking for an answer for a while. I have a map that I would like to show MCSG and see if they could accept it possibly. Anyone know how to do it?

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
Alright, I'll try explain this as best as I can.

What you want to do to get a map accepted is the following.
Create a "Map Thread" in the section here; -> http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/forums/map-downloads/
Be sure to follow this template when submitting.
Name Of Map:
Lead Builder/Build Team Name:
Game Type:
Description Of The Map:
Video/ScreenShots:
Cords Of Corn and Deathmatch Arena(SG and QQ ONLY)
Cords Of Spawn Points(BattleGrounds ONLY)
Areas for Disasters (QQ ONLY)
Cords of spawn point (ZedChase ONLY):
Cords of finish point (ZedChase ONLY):
List of blocks which the pathway consists of (ZedChase ONLY):

I,{Lead Builder} of {Build Team Name, if applicable} agree and accept that by submitting this map to the MCGamer Network for consideration it may be altered by the staff of MCGamer at any time in order to make gameplay changes. Also, by accepting this you understand that any violation of the map guidelines such as, but not limited to OP items being placed, may result in the immediate removal of your map and or any associated given ranks (VIP) from our servers. The MCGamer staff have full rights to decide whether or not the map in question is applied to or remains on the server network and the status of the map is subject to change at any time.
When you have finished filling out all these things, post the thread and sit back and wait.
If the Map Committee like your map they may ask for the download, this means you are one step closer to getting your map on the MCGamer network.
If you have your map built on a "single-player world" you can simply go into this folder.
"Roaming > .minecraft > saves"
And from there find your map. Then use a program like dropbox to create a downloadable version of that world folder and send that to the people that requested your map.
If your map has been made through a server, then you must find your map through your server files. (Never hosted a server or anything, so don't know where to go to.)
And again use a program like dropbox to set up a downloadable link to your world save.

Once you have given the Map Committee your map, simply sit back and wait again.
If the map is accepted to go onto the network, you can get yourself a VIP rank, if not better luck next time.

If you have any further questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
Thread Status: Locked

This thread is being moved and locked due to the map/idea not having any progression in a large span of time. If you need your thread to be reopened, PM a Staff member if this map/idea is still in the works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci