• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Updates -=2/9/2014=- "Spring Cleaning" Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_pendle

Diamond
Reaction score
Fortune Island was world painted terraforming, it has lots of water, default tree's, no exceptional builds, not good for PvP.

People liked it because they had lots of tier 2's. Tbh, I'm not upset that it's gone.

wronsiski

Career
Reaction score
We've got some in mind ;) hopefully it can make up for the Fortune Islabd fiasco.

Update: we will be taking a much deeper look into the underplayed maps that are still on the servers and figure out based on statistics what to remove. This may take a while due to some issues within the past 24 hours, but we should have everything done by School Vacation.
By that do you mean, adding more in the current update, or one several months down the line.

Jayotic

Platinum
Reaction score
fortune island isnt even terraformed i dont think, i think its just vanilla because sometimes when it doesnt load you can see cave systems and lava pools at the bottom, however it was a good map
You must not be a map builder, if you don't know what terraforming is... Fourtune Island is a terraformed map and that building team took a ton of time just terraforming they clearly made the caves and mountains legit you're not a builder...

wronsiski

Career
Reaction score
You must not be a map builder, if you don't know what terraforming is... Fourtune Island is a terraformed map and that building team took a ton of time just terraforming they clearly made the caves and mountains legit you're not a builder...
Actually it's clearly worldpainter. Which is a poor form of terraforming on it's own when not combined with other things such as world machine.

Reaction score
I remember the first Minecraft Hunger Games video I watched on YouTube was SkyDoesMinecraft playing on Treacherous Heights(Very well built) and awesome survival games map. Fortune Island(Very well built) is also an MCSG favorited map that is voted often depending on the other voting choices.
Sorry, but how is this map well built? >.>
EDIT: Gonna work on my opinion on all the maps that were removed, just have to cry over that I delete it by accident.

Last edited:

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
Actually it's clearly worldpainter. Which is a poor form of terraforming on it's own when not combined with other things such as world machine.
Hmm, normal WP is very bad for terraforming, but with custom brushes, and skill you can actually do well. It's not as good as VS on itself, but definitely can give amazing(er) results when collaborated with WE and VS

awyskiel32

Tribute
Reaction score
Please keep Fortune Island at least!
Many people enjoy playing on the map, and it is definitely NOT underplayed.

Educating_

Platinum
Reaction score
Other maps that need retiering:
Breeze Island (like 3 tier twos...)
TSG2
Valleyside (Like 2 routes, rest is tier ones..)
Moonbase 9 (same problem as Valleyside, pretty much 2 routes and then the rest of the map is tier ones.)
Like all of those except Breeze Island are my favourite maps xD They need to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci