• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map updates

JakeKav

Survivor
Reaction score
There's maps on the servers that hardly ever get played. I could name at least 5 from the top of my head. We need more rotation in the maps so it's more fun to play for the casual player. Yes, 3 maps is good. I played Atlantis once and it was instantly one of the best maps on mcsg for me. It's a shame we don't get a rotation every week or so.
The only reason I got bored of mcsg is because of SG4 & Breeze Island getting picked every time. The wait was pointless.

Loudv2

Survivor
Reaction score
There's maps on the servers that hardly ever get played. I could name at least 5 from the top of my head. We need more rotation in the maps so it's more fun to play for the casual player. Yes, 3 maps is good. I played Atlantis once and it was instantly one of the best maps on mcsg for me. It's a shame we don't get a rotation every week or so.
The only reason I got bored of mcsg is because of SG4 & Breeze Island getting picked every time. The wait was pointless.
Apparently map adding/removing and even updating is one of the hardest things for the devs to do, this is why we don't have weekly, or sometimes even monthly map updates.

JakeKav

Survivor
Reaction score
Apparently map adding/removing and even updating is one of the hardest things for the devs to do, this is why we don't have weekly, or sometimes even monthly map updates.
Then maybe there should be a member of staff specifically allocated to do this. I mean, variety in maps is the only thing bringing people back. I come back to play new maps sometimes and check up to see if our map was accepted this time round. Sadly not :'(

Loudv2

Survivor
Reaction score
Then maybe there should be a member of staff specifically allocated to do this. I mean, variety in maps is the only thing bringing people back. I come back to play new maps sometimes and check up to see if our map was accepted this time round. Sadly not :'(
See the problem is we don't have enough skilled builders/build teams to build half decent maps, all we have is Team Elite, Red forest, and lol SuperxAndrew and myself. We do have a lot of other teams who are good like kithex and team apollo and such. Anyways dave is allocated to map updating and he does a decent job.

JakeKav

Survivor
Reaction score
See the problem is we don't have enough skilled builders/build teams to build half decent maps, all we have is Team Elite, Red forest, and lol SuperxAndrew and myself. We do have a lot of other teams who are good like kithex and team apollo and such. Anyways dave is allocated to map updating and he does a decent job.
Yeah, your map looked OK. Have you not seen some of the maps on the servers? At least a sweep of all the maps that are never played. Guess it's back to playing some proper games then!

Raidon

Experienced
Reaction score
We do have a lot of other teams who are good like kithex and team apollo and such.
Wow, I didn't realise Kithex was so well known around the community. Tagging KitMencha so he hopefully see's this. In response though, I think there are some good upcoming build teams. Discovery works is doing good, I enjoy Alaskan Village. cadbane4321 's build team was good as well for doing Turbulence (I'm not sure what they are called though, :p).

Raidon

EDIT: JakeKav , I doubt they will be removing any of the Terwan SG maps, as they are liked (mostly) throughout the community (and they are a big piece of MCSG History). Breeze Island on the other hand, I agree with. Of course, the original map should stay (awesome PvP, well liked and one of the oldest maps still on MCSG today), however, Breeze Island 2 and Demon's Breeze should definitely be removed.

Last edited:

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
The end of july according to way they've been doing it
That is rude. They will get it out as soon as they can. Come on now.
I am flattered, but you don't build anything. You sometimes do interiors and mostly just tell me what looks good and doesn't. xD Also, this is a very skilled community at building. I'd say the only community better than this one would be Hive (building wise). That is only probably due to their crazy expectations.
Wow, I didn't realise Kithex was so well known around the community. Tagging KitMencha so he hopefully see's this. In response though, I think there are some good upcoming build teams. Discovery works doing good, I enjoy Alaskan Village. cadbane4321 's build team was good as well for doing Turbulence (I'm not sure what they are called though, :p).

Raidon

EDIT: JakeKav , I doubt they will be removing any of the Terwan SG maps, as they are liked (mostly) throughout the community (and they are a big piece of MCSG History). Breeze Island on the other hand, I agree with. Of course, the original map should stay (awesome PvP, well liked and one of the oldest maps still on MCSG today), however, Breeze Island 2 and Demon's Breeze should definitely be removed.
Discovery Works just got a map accepted on Hive, so I don't know if they are 100% dedicated to this community still or not. I wouldn't blame them if they weren't if they have success with Hive building standards. cadbane4321 doesn't have a build team; he is mine. >:D

I like Breeze and Breeze 2. I do agree with Demon's Breeze though. No matter how many people love that map it still doesn't hide that it is essentially a rip off of Breeze Island.

Can you look at my Map Adder Mountain ??
They look at every map in the finished maps section, but you as the builder most likely will not know if it is accepted or denied until the map is or is not on the servers. Maps require patience and asking about it won't make them do a thing. :p

--------
^I think that covers all the responses I wanted to make. xD

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
Aw. Wasteland was actually pretty good, despite the lack of block variety.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci