• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Massive PVP Delay

ShadyGamerX

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post.

So I have two computers, an iMac and a bad Acer laptop connected to the same internet. My problem is when I play with my iMac (which obviously gets better fps), I can't seem to hit anyone. I can't count the times which I have died to a player with (almost) no armor at all when having (almost) full iron myself in a legit 1v1 sword only fight. What usually happens is when I try to charge someone with a sword I can see me making critical hits but the enemy doesn't get damaged. Instead, a couple of seconds later I hear a massive *tick* and I have lost half of my hearts. The same thing applies if I chase someone: I can see critical particles but nothing happens. If I try to run away I seem to get hit from like 10 blocks away. My friends have also told me that I appear few blocks behind to what I'm actually. I know that my best bet is to use secondaries but I'd like to solve the problem because I can't always use them. Sneak attacking works but it doesn't help much in deathmatch.

Anyway, I'd like to know what causes this as I don't believe that it is either my internet or the server. I actually get a decent ping (65 ms) and my internet is pretty fast. Now, the weird thing is that when I play with my laptop (which I rarely do because it gets usually under 30 fps with occasional lag spikes), the problem doesn't exist.

My guess is that this has something to do with Java since my iMac has Java 6 while my laptop has 7. I can't update Java because of my old OS X version (I can't update it either). I'd like to know your opinion on this so I don't want to QA;TL myself instantly with my guess :p

If you have any suggestions for me, I'd be grateful.

Last edited:

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
Which network do you play on?
The delay tends not to be your pc but its the server or the mojang servers.
The servers lag a little so it tends to get some delay. This is a problem which Is known by the developers and is being fixed ASAP.

Have a nice day. Any more questions don't hesitate to shoot me a PM. :)
Stay safe!

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
Thread re-opened for further help.
Thanks Mooclan for actually talking to me via PM.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Thread re-opened for further help.
Thanks Mooclan for actually talking to me via PM.
Yay *Cheers* Now since I asked you to unlock it, I'm going to force myself to write something long.
Hello, this is my first post.

So I have two computers, an iMac and a bad Acer laptop connected to the same internet. My problem is when I play with my iMac (which obviously gets better fps), I can't seem to hit anyone. I can't count the times which I have died to a player with (almost) no armor at all when having (almost) full iron myself in a legit 1v1 sword only fight. What usually happens is when I try to charge someone with a sword I can see me making critical hits but the enemy doesn't get damaged. Instead, a couple of seconds later I hear a massive *tick* and I have lost half of my hearts. The same thing applies if I chase someone: I can see critical particles but nothing happens. If I try to run away I seem to get hit from like 10 blocks away. My friends have also told me that I appear few blocks behind to what I'm actually. I know that my best bet is to use secondaries but I'd like to solve the problem because I can't always use them. Sneak attacking works but it doesn't help much in deathmatch.

Anyway, I'd like to know what causes this as I don't believe that it is either my internet or the server. I actually get a decent ping (65 ms) and my internet is pretty fast. Now, the weird thing is that when I play with my laptop (which I rarely do because it gets usually under 30 fps with occasional lag spikes), the problem doesn't exist.

My guess is that this has something to do with Java since my iMac has Java 6 while my laptop has 7. I can't update Java because of my old OS X version (I can't update it either). I'd like to know your opinion on this so I don't want to QA;TL myself instantly with my guess :p

If you have any suggestions for me, I'd be grateful.
Well, the first obvious difference is the OS. Mac iOS/Windows.
Then, there's connection errors. It could be your Mac's internet receiver. Have you tried using an ethernet cord? It could be that your internet receiver is fried or bugged out, and you're experiencing packet loss or something, but I don't know, so maybe try taking a speedtest? http://www.speedtest.net/
Check for viruses or programs that could be piggy-backing off of your computer's internet connection, or any neighbors who might be hogging your internet. If you feel that you are not receiving the internet speed that you pay for, contact your internet provider.

Also, check for add-on programs, or anything that might be clogging up your computer or taking up too much connection.
I don't know if there's a Task Manager-like program on Macs, but on Windows you can use it to view this:

(http://gyazo.com/573081363067033c8b07ec3dc27dbe26)
Try seeing if there's something that is taking up bandwidth on your Mac.
Also, make sure to get the most updated version of all programs that your computer can support, and check to repair anything that you can't update further.
Try to see if you're using a VPN, Hamachi, Huzuni, or anything else that can connect to your internet, and fiddle with it, enabling and disabling it. Check to see whether you're using multiple internet connections at once, and also if Minecraft is using the correct data path. Also, make sure it's not something wrong with Minecraft itself, such as a conflict with your firewall or anti-virus programs that may be slowing it down.

Skellie

Experienced
Reaction score
The exact same thing happens to me, but I get 50ms ping.

ShadyGamerX

Platinum
Reaction score
Yay *Cheers* Now since I asked you to unlock it, I'm going to force myself to write something long.

Well, the first obvious difference is the OS. Mac iOS/Windows.
Then, there's connection errors. It could be your Mac's internet receiver. Have you tried using an ethernet cord? It could be that your internet receiver is fried or bugged out, and you're experiencing packet loss or something, but I don't know, so maybe try taking a speedtest? http://www.speedtest.net/
Check for viruses or programs that could be piggy-backing off of your computer's internet connection, or any neighbors who might be hogging your internet. If you feel that you are not receiving the internet speed that you pay for, contact your internet provider.

Also, check for add-on programs, or anything that might be clogging up your computer or taking up too much connection.
I don't know if there's a Task Manager-like program on Macs, but on Windows you can use it to view this:

(http://gyazo.com/573081363067033c8b07ec3dc27dbe26)
Try seeing if there's something that is taking up bandwidth on your Mac.
Also, make sure to get the most updated version of all programs that your computer can support, and check to repair anything that you can't update further.
Try to see if you're using a VPN, Hamachi, Huzuni, or anything else that can connect to your internet, and fiddle with it, enabling and disabling it. Check to see whether you're using multiple internet connections at once, and also if Minecraft is using the correct data path. Also, make sure it's not something wrong with Minecraft itself, such as a conflict with your firewall or anti-virus programs that may be slowing it down.
Thanks for the suggestions :)

I have tried both wireless and ethernet but it doesn't affect much. Speedtest gives me a steady 40 mbps download and ping utility tells that there's no packet loss. I could try to reinstall Java as I can't update it. I'll test if the other tips help later.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci