• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Math game!

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
I used Pascal's Triangle as my method, but the process where you expand an unknown and a constant / two unknowns to the power of whatever is called a binomial (two number) expansion. Or at least that's how it's taught in England. I get the impression that there are some differences in terminology, judging by the fact that RC called what I would call 'roots' 'zeroes'.

RC_4777 For your question I used the cubic formula and a calculator and got -3.59, 0.295±1.01i where i= sqrt(-1). Safe to say it wasn't a very fun question.
I ended up graphing RC's question, and I got a single zero of -3.6, so it's relatively consistent.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
I think it's neither, not sure though. Haven't done much on trig functions yet :/
Spoiler Alert:
Secant functions are considered Even, and pay respect by reflecting across the Y-Axis

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Spoiler Alert:
Secant functions are considered Even, and pay respect by reflecting across the Y-Axis
How is it even if it's 1- sec whatever, and you've translated it 1 up? Even is rotational symmetry round the origin, right?

Kieee

Diamond
Reaction score
I used Pascal's Triangle as my method, but the process where you expand an unknown and a constant / two unknowns to the power of whatever is called a binomial (two number) expansion. Or at least that's how it's taught in England. I get the impression that there are some differences in terminology, judging by the fact that RC called what I would call 'roots' 'zeroes'.

RC_4777 For your question I used the cubic formula and a calculator and got -3.59, 0.295±1.01i where i= sqrt(-1). Safe to say it wasn't a very fun question.
Cubic formula Lel? 2.9x12.3

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
What is the square root of Pi squared?
Pi xD
Well I'm dumb and my teacher is just getting around to teaching us circles...so xD

Find the chord of a circle in which the radius is 4 cm and the distance from the centre is 1.8 cm (just made this one up in my head).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci