• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer Factions

Should the Faction/Survival Server be resurrected?

• Total voters

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
MCGamer Factions
Hello! Well I am assuming most of you remember a time when a thing called MCSG Factions existed, am I right? Good. Well we all know that after some complications like extreme harassment and profanity inevitably shut the server down, a thread was later posted explaining all of this and stating that the server was going to be closed indefinitely.

Well what if?... What if MCSG Factions could come back, full force. All of us who played that server probably remember the countless hours everyone spent on the server, creating amazing memories and friendships that last even today. And well of course the PVP... The Faction server was something out of the blue and rivaled the popularity of the mighty SG servers.

Now you may ask ''well rhino they said the server is closed because of harassment and profanity and my oh my that is horrible'' Do not fear young ones! Think about this... MCGamer blocks out certain words deemed profane, but everyone knew what word had been said no matter if the word was blocked. Well let us say someone says something profane, the MCGamer plugins would deem the word profane and thus spit out @#%$. I am proposing the idea that MCGamer has something like a word bank or a phrase bank that replaces the profane word with funny and harmless things like ''happy tree friends'' ''flowers'' ''unicorns''. Since Factions was such a popular thing, a lot of Moderators also played the server, as you may know Moderators have special commands and chat permissions. In addition to this, I also propose that when someone says something profane, as soon as it is said it is obviously changed but then another special message appears, only seen by moderators having the explicit word shown so Moderators can take action.

Example:

[fluffybunny69]: rhino ur a happy tree friend
[ChatPlugin]: ''@#$%''

Obviously this would not solve the problem in its entirety, but it would certainly give some people a laugh or two and help with the profanity.

Having the profanity problem solved, there is also the issue of harassment. And in special cases ''extreme'' harassment was done, especially to ''ThatOneTomahawk'' and his forehead... Unfortunately this issue can never truly be stopped, and I equally as depressing cannot think of an idea for a plugin that would help alleviate some harassment. The only idea I have is to have Moderators at the next Moderator Meeting bring a list of phrases and word variations that are considered vulgar and disrespectful. In addition to this I suggest that for the Faction server the punishment for Disrespecting Players/VIP/Staff is coordinated like this. If someone harasses another Player/VIP/Staff then they are issued the normal ban time, and when and if the ban is temporary they are also added to a list that denies them access to the faction permanently.

Well that is pretty much all I have to say about this, I hope that if we can gain enough public support for this and with the implication of the ideas I have stated above, the MCGamer Faction server can come back, and back to its former glory.

If you have any questions or concerns about anything I have said above feel free to send me a PM through the forums and I would be happy to answer any questions you have! Have a nice day.

***Please let us keep the flame in this chat to a minimum! Thank you!***

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I really do admire your idea, and your approach towards the suggestion that could help bring people a laugh or two. And to a certain extent, I support your suggestion.
However, regardless of how many words are covered and all that, people will still find a way to bypass all the filters. Another reason that the network closed down was due to how much flame and hatred it caused among the community, some have threatened to boot people's routers.
And threats like those should be considered intolerable. But it would tell that we will definitely need at least a few moderators online, regulating the factions server nearly all day. So they can make sure no one is actually breaking chat rules.
And imagine doing this in four different regions. o.o

A lot of people would still begin to harass one another in factions, since that game is considered extremely competitive. And the last time that people were harassing one another so severely in factions, really damaged the reputation of the network, and the relationship amongst the community.
But I do hope there could be a way where people can do survival together again.

The_Man

Career
Reaction score
Oh god I remember the forehead drama... not really that funny though..

Isaacswag

Career
Reaction score
I heard they were thinking about bringing it back, but don't quote me on that

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I really do admire your idea, and your approach towards the suggestion that could help bring people a laugh or two. And to a certain extent, I support your suggestion.
However, regardless of how many words are covered and all that, people will still find a way to bypass all the filters. Another reason that the network closed down was due to how much flame and hatred it caused among the community, some have threatened to boot people's routers.
And threats like those should be considered intolerable. But it would tell that we will definitely need at least a few moderators online, regulating the factions server nearly all day. So they can make sure no one is actually breaking chat rules.
And imagine doing this in four different regions. o.o

A lot of people would still begin to harass one another in factions, since that game is considered extremely competitive. And the last time that people were harassing one another so severely in factions, really damaged the reputation of the network, and the relationship amongst the community.
But I do hope there could be a way where people can do survival together again.

The thing is, every single game type on MCGamer is competitive and some extremely competitive like Survival Games. All of the game types have the people who swear, hack and just be plain out rude and offensive. If you look at it as a whole, you see hundreds of other large scale networks that survive off just Factions and although they are some of the most competitive servers to exist, they still attract hundreds if not thousands of players. These servers learned how to control all of this to a point, at first when the Faction server would begin, there would be anarchy. Full blown anarchy, but as soon as Moderators started to begin muting people and banning them, the anarchy would start to die down. People would start to learn very quickly what would happen if you harassed someone or said something profane in chat.

My last thing before I wrap up is this. Let us start with two factions, Faction A and Faction B. These two factions are the top on the server and constantly trying to one up each other and gain number one. Well once enforced, the rules would act almost as a advantage to one side. For example let us say a officer in A said something offensive to a few of B's members that could be considered bannable. B would then submit the evidence, hindering A's ability to gain number one. I am not saying this would 100% stop it, but it sure would be a small thing to help.
Oh god I remember the forehead drama... not really that funny though..

Your right, I mean at first it was just an inside joke and it gained a laugh or two. But eventually it spiraled out of control, eventually shutting the server down. Let us hope this can gain enough attention and support, I really miss factions...

The_Man

Career
Reaction score

Your right, I mean at first it was just an inside joke and it gained a laugh or two. But eventually it spiraled out of control, eventually shutting the server down. Let us hope this can gain enough attention and support, I really miss factions...
Same I miss the factions ;-;

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci