• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer gone downhill

Would you prefer 1.7 or 1.8 ?

Votes: 79 61.2%

Votes: 50 38.8%

• Total voters

BenPCGamingHD

Experienced
Reaction score
I'm itching to write a rebut right now, but it'll have to wait due to homework, expect something from me later on c:<

In the meantime, please read this quote from our Development Team (specifically Devin)
"To everyone saying, “Just return to 1.7!”
First of all: we have no reason to believe that 1.8 is the culprit behind the most common issues described below. Many of the glitches that have appeared were caused by the update, but do not appear to be directly influenced by 1.8; the fact that they appeared during the update that mandates 1.8 seems to be an unfortunate coincidence. And as such, those glitches should be relatively easy to fix.

Honestly, as bad as people claim 1.8 is, moving back to 1.7 would be a real mistake.

Remember that nearly all of the current bugs, glitches, and problems that everyone is upset about are temporary (and likely not even related to 1.8). Yes, it’s upsetting that things seem broken now, but all of those things will be fixed within a few days. But what we do not want to do is let all of the hard work that has gone into the update go to waste for the temporary comfort of a soon-to-be-outdated system. Things will improve with 1.8, but reverting back to 1.7 is a step in the wrong direction.

Mojang is not making their update release schedule easy on anyone, but their updates are mandatory and unavoidable. We are one of the first large networks to transfer fully to 1.8, but other networks are going to make the transfer too, and they will likely experience much the same problems as we did. No matter what, there will be growing pains. But we chose to adopt 1.8 early in order to get the growing pains over, and thus allow us to reap the full benefits of a stable 1.8 sooner rather than later.

Remember what I said earlier: large update comes, large updates cause temporary problems, devs fix the problems, everyone enjoys the update afterwards."

So what, you can't block-hit and people aren't as obviously red when you hit them, all things take time for adjustment, and in the long run there won't be much of a difference.

Regarding your lag issues, turn on VBOs in your video settings. Plus, all new versions are laggy at first. 1.7 was like this in the beginning as well.
#INB4 A LOT OF MODS TELL YOU YOU'RE WRONG AGAIN
it is beginning 8)

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
1. They have to switch to 1.8 eventually (Trust me im mad about it to my strafe does almost nothing) but its just a game and what must be done must be done
2. Now when it comes to leaderboards they are working on it thats all I have heard. I really wish they would give us a date or keep us more updated but that could take up time. It is what is not much more I can say.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm glad 1.8 changed PvP. Now it'll take actual knowledge of the game and nice strategies to win a game... like v1
I kinda agree but there are moments when I and other players get like 3-5 hit combos. I was in a game some guy got a 3 hit combo on me I was at 3 hearts I turned around and got the most insane combo ever and killed him. Then again its just a game :)

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
#INB4 A LOT OF MODS TELL YOU YOU'RE WRONG AGAIN
What's wrong with that... obviously they are going to disagree with his thread because they have chosen to dedicate time and effort to try and help these servers. However it can be very difficult when people complain about everything and can't learn to be patient about things. :3

Res

Diamond
Reaction score
No, you're just being a pessimist towards 1.8. It's not that bad. Being the ESFP+ENFP combination of a personality I am, I'm actually looking forward to what is to come for these servers because of the 1.8 adoption.

Zetzus

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm itching to write a rebut right now, but it'll have to wait due to homework, expect something from me later on c:<

In the meantime, please read this quote from our Development Team (specifically Devin)
"To everyone saying, “Just return to 1.7!”
First of all: we have no reason to believe that 1.8 is the culprit behind the most common issues described below. Many of the glitches that have appeared were caused by the update, but do not appear to be directly influenced by 1.8; the fact that they appeared during the update that mandates 1.8 seems to be an unfortunate coincidence. And as such, those glitches should be relatively easy to fix.

Honestly, as bad as people claim 1.8 is, moving back to 1.7 would be a real mistake.

Remember that nearly all of the current bugs, glitches, and problems that everyone is upset about are temporary (and likely not even related to 1.8). Yes, it’s upsetting that things seem broken now, but all of those things will be fixed within a few days. But what we do not want to do is let all of the hard work that has gone into the update go to waste for the temporary comfort of a soon-to-be-outdated system. Things will improve with 1.8, but reverting back to 1.7 is a step in the wrong direction.

Mojang is not making their update release schedule easy on anyone, but their updates are mandatory and unavoidable. We are one of the first large networks to transfer fully to 1.8, but other networks are going to make the transfer too, and they will likely experience much the same problems as we did. No matter what, there will be growing pains. But we chose to adopt 1.8 early in order to get the growing pains over, and thus allow us to reap the full benefits of a stable 1.8 sooner rather than later.

Remember what I said earlier: large update comes, large updates cause temporary problems, devs fix the problems, everyone enjoys the update afterwards."

So what, you can't block-hit and people aren't as obviously red when you hit them, all things take time for adjustment, and in the long run there won't be much of a difference.

Regarding your lag issues, turn on VBOs in your video settings. Plus, all new versions are laggy at first. 1.7 was like this in the beginning as well.
Sorry, but one day you will wake up to the truth that this server was once great to play, for reasons that are now quite obviously out of the reach of developers. The server has grown old, and it is now dying.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
  • Un-rendered chunks - In 1.8, you can not see people in un-rendered chunks. Thus that, people with bad computers who need 2 frames so they don't get too much lag need to put it up so they can even fight in bow fights or team fights, you couldn't get someone who's chasing you to chase someone else, as you don't know where someone is! And lastly, the games would take like 10 more minutes to finish, and as a wise black woman once said, "ain't nobody got time for that".
This is actually a fix... you were never supposed to be able to see entities in unrendered chunks, but 1.7 screwed up.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
What's wrong with that... obviously they are going to disagree with his thread because they have chosen to dedicate time and effort to try and help these servers. However it can be very difficult when people complain about everything and can't learn to be patient about things. :3
GG

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
I'm going to leave this open because it isn't destructive and it was well-written. If the thread was like every other one, then I'd lock it. For example, ehrmagawd mcsg 1.8 revert omg i cnt win game cuz no blockhit and lag.

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
So confused as to why everyone hates MCSG so much for upgrading to 1.8. If you look at the big picture, they'd eventually have to upgrade. No matter what, you have to adjust to the new gameplay, and that's that.

Shoot, I'm over here watching as everyone begs for 1.7 back; But personally, I just want 1.2.5 back! That patch was amazing for PvP!

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
So confused as to why everyone hates MCSG so much for upgrading to 1.8. If you look at the big picture, they'd eventually have to upgrade. No matter what, you have to adjust to the new gameplay, and that's that.

Shoot, I'm over here watching as everyone begs for 1.7 back; But personally, I just want 1.2.5 back! That patch was amazing for PvP!
You... I like you..

Sorry, but one day you will wake up to the truth that this server was once great to play, for reasons that are now quite obviously out of the reach of developers. The server has grown old, and it is now dying.
MCSG isn't the quaint, tight community we used to be (and that I and many others miss so dearly), we're a large scale network. However let me tell you that we sure as hell try to make this the best it can be. You may not think this move is in the right direction at first but eventually every major network will drop 1.7 support (because it's outdated) and move on to utilize the new features. We're just the early bird that will be getting the worm ;)

Last edited:

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
So what do you recommend MCG does, just live in the past because it has "better pvp" and never update it to any later versions of Minecraft and miss out on all the other futures that will be added later down the road.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci