• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer Updates for Friday, January 9, 2015

Gustyy

Platinum
Reaction score
Wooooo leaderboards! :D
People complaining about 1.8. Do you remember the addition of the sprint button? People hated it as well but once we were all used to it almost everyone seemed to like it. So don't you worry, it will be fine! :)

Rasclarts

Experienced
Reaction score
Why is everyone complaining about 1.8? It gives me a nice 300 fps boost and the chunks load almosy instantly...

Anyway, glad to see that the leaderboard update is finally coming!
u cant hybrid blockhit in 1.8

Pearlyyy

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Everyone is just complaining about the whole 1.8 update ;-; I get 50 more frames than 1.7 ahahaha. The trick is turning on VBO.

Rasclarts

Experienced
Reaction score
So if no one is able to do that, then what's the problem?
Because it's an advanced tactic that gives players who can do it an advantage over players who can't. It's basically a dumbing down of the game; a bad player now has way more of an opportunity to beat a good player than they used to

ImJellyfish

Platinum
Reaction score
Ava
Please do not drop 1.7!! if you have even tried to play on 1.8 with a general computer then you know that its bad. You would get about 60-80 FPS on MC 1.7 with Optifine on your general computer. But with 1.8 on the same computer with Optifine you would get 30-45 FPS. Its a big mistake what your about to do here. So dont do it until 1.8 is fixed.
this shouldent happen as they now use opengl 2.0 meaning better fps fiddle with vbos as some times it gives you better fps but for some worse fps
secondly check your java version you can either update to version8update25 and REMOVE all old version if you dont remove old versions mc will still use them
or you install minecraft launcher 1.6.5 that creates its own java file automatic so your always uptodate
as they do some nice fps boosts

Just gonna let you all know of a little trick to get better framerate on 1.8.

Go to Video Settings
Turn "Use VBO's" on. Your graphics card may not support it.
You should get higher framerate than before. I know I do.
yes most of the time some people will get worse fps due to stuff

EquinoxYT

Gold
Reaction score
REMEMBER! If you guys want the name change, Mojang wants almost everybody to be using the version of 1.8 so the feature can happen REMEMBER

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score
Unlike many people here, I actually like how we're fully switching to 1.8! All the new awesome blocks can now be used in new maps ;)! As for pvp, blockhitting is gone, but I think we will all get used to the update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci