• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer v2 Updates for Friday, November 14

shampoosh

Diamond
Reaction score
I apologize if this has already been answered, but are the games we play now going on our new stats? Also you guys are doing such a great job and we really appreciate all the hard work you're putting in ^_^

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
So Github is apparently being retarded and won't load for me. Can anyone else sponsor items above 75 points? I sure can't. Well if anyone has the time, please test this and report it at the https://github.com/MCGamerNetwork/Issues link. Thanks.

Also, nice bug fixes. I appreciate the changelog Devdev.

BoostMeGaming

Diamond
Reaction score
Did you purposely removed when you put part of a name then TAB? Or is it just another bug that needs to be fixed?

Erenjaegar1203

Survivor
Reaction score
Anyone else feel like Mcgamer is wasting their time on MCG, I mean like come on no one really wants to play games like quarter quell or any antvenoms mini-games all 95% of the community just wants MCSG. Players are even giving out small little hints that they just want mcsg, people are always saying "that's cool and all the new games mini-games but, when's the stat reset?"

VanishAu

Tribute
Reaction score
Well, here we are. Day 2 of MCGamer v2 has come to a close, and with the end of day 2, we’ve fixed even more bugs and made the network even more stable. Once again, these bug fixes are largely thanks to people who have reported bugs to the bug tracker (which you can find by clicking here).
  • Fix an issue that causes players to get disconnected from the network entirely when kicked from a server
    • Known issue: If a server’s heartbeat times out (as in, the server freezes for too long or crashes), players will still be disconnected from the network. This will be fixed in another update Saturday night.
  • Swap left and right click around in the hub teleport menus - left click now takes you directly to the mini hub, where right click takes you to the portal
  • Update /server to allow joining a game in any stage
  • Make joinable server signs stand out a bit more
  • Fixed incorrect staff panel address
  • Fix an issue that caused XAC to not work properly
  • Fix an issue that occasionally prevented players from breaking leaves in Survival Games
  • Attempt a fix for visible spectators in Survival Games
  • Prevent spectators from damaging players in Hungry Games
  • Make some changes to DS (our Dynamic Servers module) to utilize servers a bit more efficiently
  • Fix an issue where players joining the network would sometimes get put into a random game, as opposed to a landing hub
  • Add debug information to several messages to assist in debugging DS (Dynamic Servers) and “cannot find hub” issues
Although many issues have been fixed with this bugfix update, we’re still aware of several major issues. The most major of these include the fact that under some conditions a server may become overburdened after being online for some time, which can cause the server to become noticeably laggy. Due to this, there may be some conditions where anti-cheat measures are responding negatively to this lag. We’re working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

We are also trying to crack down on another issue, where players may sometimes be directed to a proxy server that can’t properly find them a hub to join. We have reason to believe that recent updates may have helped work towards resolving this issue, and we have added more tools to enhance our ability to monitor the situation.

Thanks for flying MCGamer!
- Devin and the MCGamer Development Team

I understand all the dev's are working hard but why didnt they keep v1 whilst they were testing the V2 for the glitches?

Known issue: If a server’s heartbeat times out (as in, the server freezes for too long or crashes), players will still be disconnected from the network. This will be fixed in another update Saturday night.
I got pissed off @ this bug as i was timed out 6 games in a row.

Keep up the good work!
Cheers jack

kpwn243

Administrator
Reaction score
Nice!, but... /Ping ? Or /player with tab? :)
Did you purposely removed when you put part of a name then TAB? Or is it just another bug that needs to be fixed?
1 (ping issue) We removed /ping because of the inaccuracy of the system. It's better to just open command prompt or terminal for now. We are looking into a more accurate in game system but it is currently low priority.
2 (tabbing issue) Tabbing names is not broken. You are able to see chat from all hubs and if the player you are attempting to tab is not in the same server as you it will not tab out the name as minecraft does not know who you are talking about. If they are in the same server there could be a delay as the client and the server communicate with each other about the request.

The new system with the "Rolling" signs are making it really difficult to join the same game with a larger Group of people (3-4). Apart from that, I like it. (Allthough I do miss the old lobby)
We now have a /party system that you can use.
/party create <name>
/party invite <name>
/party warp

I apologize if this has already been answered, but are the games we play now going on our new stats? Also you guys are doing such a great job and we really appreciate all the hard work you're putting in ^_^
We are currently recording stats on the old system as we focus more on stability issues and bug fixes first.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
I understand all the dev's are working hard but why didnt they keep v1 whilst they were testing the V2 for the glitches?
We did. We tested v2 for several weeks, internally and publicly, in the form of the preview network. However, as I've explained many times across many different threads, the glitches that are popping up now didn't pop up on the test network, because the test network was of a much smaller scale.

you guys working on the ghosting?
We may have found the issue causing the lag, now it's just a matter of attempting fixes and seeing if it fixes it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci