• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Events MCGamer's Got Talent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score

Shoutout to Braden for making the banner!

Hey tributes! I hope you guys have heard of our MCGamer Open Mic Nights before because I am proud to present you a special edition which will be held shortly on the MCGamer Teamspeak for about a month across all regions giving anyone the opportunity to participate in this Summer event.

But first of all, what is the Open Mic Night, or frequently referred to as OMN, exactly? The OMN is a biweekly event held on the MCGamer Teamspeak (ts.mcgamer.net) in which people are free to sign up and perform in front of the entire channel, whether it be a song, a rap or if they want to crack some jokes. All you need to do is hop in the channel, ask for the sign-up sheet link or look for it in the description of the channel, sign yourself up, specify what you will be performing and once it's your turn, you will be given the mic.

The OMNs have always been a success and have been gaining a lot of popularity lately, and therefore we decided that it was time to brainstorm a bit and think of a way to spice it up a bit or do something special.

And here we are! We are happy to present you a new event, called MCGamer's Got Talent! Hopefully you have heard of the show "America's Got Talent" or "Britain's Got Talent" before, or perhaps the show is already being held in your country as well. So, why not bring it to MCGamer?

Description:

The MCGamer’s Got Talent event is a special OMN edition set up for summer in which people need to sign-up in advance and perform their song, rap or even jokes in front of a crowd as per usual. The event will be held across all MCGamer Regions during the month of July, with a finale sometime in the beginning of August. The entire event and all participants performance will be recorded and posted on this thread, on which people can sign-up and vote for their top 5 favorites for each region. In the end, the top 5 of each region will be selected for a finale, and will be contacted to see if they are able to attend.

When?

There will a total of 4 rounds, one for each region with a finale organized at a certain time which will hopefully be convenient for all regions. The dates are planned as follow:

1st - EU: 10th of July from 8-10pm BST/GMT+1.
2nd - US: 18th of July from 8-10pm EST.
3rd - AU: 25th of July from 8-10pm AEST.
4th - Finale: 1st of August. Time will be announced later.

Who?

The MCGamer OMN Crew.

Where?

On the official MCGamer Teamspeak. IP: ts.mcgamer.net.

Event Organizers:

EU: Nephilim & mfungamer (with the help of MisiLica & CalumGraham )
US: Jodimo (with the help of TotalDramaTony )
AU: KitMencha (with the help of Kraken )

Rules & Event Explanation:

1. Anyone that wishes to perform needs to sign up during the week in which their preferred region is hosting the event. A link to the sign-up form will be provided on this thread. All performers must provide the TS username they will be using and must specify their performance, which song they are planning to sing, which rap they have prepared or which joke(s) they will be telling. These songs/raps/jokes will be reviewed by the OMN Crew of every region to make sure it is appropriate for the event.
  2. Everyone must perform the song they signed up with, or they will not be able to participate in the event. We cannot make last minute changes as everything needs to be reviewed and approved.
  3. You may not sign-up other people who do not wish to participate. Everyone who signed up will be contacted with a confirmation or declination on whether they are allowed to perform their specified song/rap/joke(s) or not.
  4. You may only participate in 1 edition. You are not required to live in the region you wish to attend, for example American performers may participate in the EU edition, however you are only allowed to participate once. The reason for this being so is so that anyone is able to participate, in case times would be inconvenient.
  5. All performers will receive the “Featured Performer” rank during the event, so that everyone knows who will be participating.
  6. If you are caught with a different performance than the one you signed up with, your microphone will be removed and you will be disqualified for the event. If you are caught with an inappropriate performance or soundboard, you will additionally be banned from the MCGamer Teamspeak accordingly.
  7. Each MCG's Got Talent edition will be fully recorded and both a complete recording and separate recordings of each performance will be posted on the thread after the event.
  8. After the recordings have been posted, a voting document will be opened in which you are able to vote for your top 5 favorite performers for each region. You may vote a total of 4 times; 1 time for each region, and once for the winners of the event.
  9. The winners at the end of all regional editions will be contacted and provided a time in which the finale will be held. If you are in this group, you must let us know if the time provided is convenient for you, or suggest a different time otherwise.
  10. Most important of all, have fun!

Prizes!?

All performers will be awarded with a unique OMN medal on the forums, or with a bronze, silver or gold edition if you came in 3rd, 2nd or 1st respectively in the finale. The top 3 will receive additional prizes which will be announced soon.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

As mentioned above, the event will be kicked off this Friday, on the 10th of July from from 8-10pm BST/GMT+1 and will take place for the EU region.

EU Sign-Up Sheet: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15zaJ3YcNJl5xQqonn8-nSQq1bumsVRfrB5gvJ5urCrc/viewform

EU sign-ups will close on Friday 2 hours prior to the event, so at 6pm BST/GMT+1!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I hope you all have a great week and hopefully until then! ^.^

~ The MCGamer OMN Crew.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
After the first successful EU edition, I am happy to announce the the US sign-ups sheet has been opened!

The US Edition will take place on Saturday the 18th of July from 8-10pm EST on the MCGamer Teamspeak (ts.mcgamer.net)!

US Sign-Up Sheet: http://goo.gl/forms/YJSDfSsCnf

US sign-ups will close on Saturday 2 hours prior to the event, so at 6pm EST!

Last edited:

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
After yet another successful edition for the MCGamer's Got Talent US event, I am happy to announce that the the AU sign-ups sheet has been opened!

The AU Edition will take place on Saturday the 25th of July from 8-10pm AEST on the MCGamer Teamspeak (ts.mcgamer.net)!

AU Sign-Up Sheet: http://goo.gl/forms/sdqdFfEtMa

US sign-ups will close on Saturday 2 hours prior to the event, so at 6pm AEST!

Last edited:

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
After having 3 very successful edition of the MCGamer's Got Talent event, I am proud to announce the regional top 5 performers!

EU Top 5:

1st: 123456789matrty
2nd: ImCeline
3rd: @ToxicBri_101
4th: CalumGraham
5th: DuruFTW

US Top 5:

AU Top 5:

1st: Julllllsss
2nd: Both Vigilo and Yannick came in second
3rd: @Broom
4th: Kaylie | Holidays
5th: AdilMavis

Congratulations! Forum medals will be handed out shortly for both the victors and participants, and additional prizes will be given to the top 3 at the next regular OMN of their preferred region.

(If you wish to re-listen to any of their performances, you can find the video links in the spoilers posted further on this thread.)​

Last edited:

Aczent

Experienced
Reaction score
I'll not be performing, but I'll definitely attend! Good luck to all that enter!

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
By the way, where do I sign up for the US region one. I would love to attend but I'm confused. ;-;

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
By the way, where do I sign up for the US region one. I would love to attend but I'm confused. ;-;
The US one will be held next week. We will also be releasing the sign-up form for that one later that time. You may wait for US, or sign up for another region if it would be more convenient for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci