• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer's Past

J

District 13
Reaction score
Hey!
So it's been over 3 years since MCSG begun as a server. MCSG use to start out with Variede and his map, SG1 where players would only play on that map, and even stick around to the end if they died just to see who won. After some time, then came the second map to be added on the servers, which I believe was Breeze Island. The hype for it was unreal, and instantly, everyone loved static_nightmare's map. Then came with SG2, SG3, etc, some more hubs, a new version, etc, etc, etc. Finally on 2014, MCSG merged with Antvenom's Network and became known as MCGamer. MCGamer had multiple gametypes such as Quarter Quell, SG Classic, Rocket Rumble, and more. Then came with our recent new update where it removed some of those gametypes and stuck it to Survival Games, UHC, Deadly Descent, Battlegrounds, and Zed Chase. Onto the point, this server has gone through a lot in 3 years, and more to come with the expected Solo SG in the near future. My question is:

When do you think MCSG/MCGamer was at its peak and could be known as the "Golden Era"?

What do you think MCGamer needs to improve as it is right now?

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
I think 2012 was the 'Golden era'. The community was smaller - More connected and much more kind to each other. This wasn't a competition it was a escape. However MCGamer/MCSG has changed and had to adapt to the vast majority of players from around the worlds turning this isn't their own daily routines.

I think the only thing to improve on is ChadTheDJ being more involved. He is a busy guy, I respect that. But man, I use to love this frequent streams and partys he would hold.

MrExtrodinaryMr

Experienced
Reaction score
The golden era of MCGamer was from 2012 until the beginning of 2013 in my opinion.
Also, I believe MCSG "became" MCGamer since summer 2013 with the addition of the hub system.

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
When we had to put hundreds of servers in our server list and mass refresh to see if by chance a game would be open. Early 2013 and before. People would play the game for fun, with an emphasis on exploration and survival. Now it's just OP tiering and competitive pvp. It's called SURVIVAL games for a reason.

DvstDash

Experienced
Reaction score
I'd say when bigger YouTubers such as JoeyGraceffa and Bajan were still uploading videos of the server. People weren't very competitive and MCSG was a better place for refreshment. I think that because I haven't been around for 3 years.. Obviously.

J

District 13
Reaction score
The golden era of MCGamer was from 2012 until the beginning of 2013 in my opinion.
Also, I believe MCSG "became" MCGamer since summer 2013 with the addition of the hub system.
Was it? I honestly can't remember it as it has been quite a while.

FluffyBunnies45

Survivor
Reaction score
I'd say the golden era was late 2012 to mid 2013, it was good to the end of 2013 but after that it just slowly became more and more Huahwi fanboys and more toxicity...

Last edited:

Frzz

Platinum
Reaction score
There was many eras, recently the Huahwi Era was here, but now it is the Solflare (Weeaboo) era. We'll see how this goes. :p

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
When do you think MCSG/MCGamer was at its peak and could be known as the "Golden Era"?
I would consider MCGamer's "golden era" as most of 2013. MCSG V2 brought a better and more smooth playing experience (compared to V1), and the community and clan scene were at their finest. The staff could have used some fine tuning, but there were no major problems and everyone was happy.
What do you think MCGamer needs to improve as it is right now?
We need to have more interaction from the way higher-ups. It's noticeable that when Chad is around, people are happier. I mean, the guy owns the server, it's nice to see him around and he is respected and makes people feel good while playing. Obviously he has many behind the scenes things to do that are important, and has other things to do in his professional life however it would be truly nice to see him and the developers around a lot more.

I could talk for a very long time about things I believe, on the behalf of many others I have spoken with, would improve the attitude and overview of MCGamer, but it can be broken down into a few basic points.

- Focus on the important things. MCGamer is a competitive PvP network, therefore we should focus on that and work on providing the best PvP experience by eradicating cheaters in the most effective way possible and making sure the staff is on an expert level at detecting all forms of cheating and hacking. 2014 was a year of expansion for MCGamer by trying to bring in minigames of all different sorts, to give the network a more expanded feel however soon it became clear that the community didn't want to have all these "Mineplex/Hypixel" type gamemodes, we wanted SG and PvP, unfortunately there was a period of time where that message was not clearly driven across. Soon enough, those of us who have been here for a while realized that so many aspects of the community we had once known and loved were not here. Many older players left, and newer ones came. Old MCGamer gamemodes were forgotten and eventually removed, and replaced by new ones.
I care for this community dearly, as it has been my source of meeting new friends and connecting with existing ones for almost three years now, and from the perspective of an old player, there are many things I can see that if implemented or re-implemented could improve MCGamer and help us grow.

Last edited:

Vanicle | Vanessa

District 13
Reaction score
I would have to say around 2013 was the golden age. One thing that I really miss about MCGamer/MCSG is the crowd that VIPs such as Joey Graceffa and stacyplays brought to our server. It made things far less competitive and the games much more enjoyable in general.

One thing that I really feel like we could improve on is bringing back creative. It might be too late to appeal to that crowd, but I remember when creative would have tons of people on it that would sometimes trickle into MCSG games. It's one of the only gametypes that have been almost as successful as MCSG/Battlegrounds/QQ. I miss seeing the people that came onto creative and just worried about their build battles and skin contests - not constantly complaining about others.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci