• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer's Problems Part 1.5: The not so shocking results from Part 1!

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Part one thread: http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/mcga...-ask-for-the-communities-input-enough.254819/

If you did not read that thread already make sure you give it a read first so you understand the point of this follow up thread!

Anyway for those who did read the thread here are the results from the survey. After I give the results for a question, I will analyze it and provide my opinion on what it represents.

Question 1: Creative and 1v1 are the two most requested gamemodes according to the MCGamer Awards. How badly is at least one of these gamemodes needed?

Very badly - 34.8%
Badly - 26.1%
Either way - 17.4%
Not needed - 4.3%
Please don't add them - 17.4%

My Analysis: About 60% of the community feels that either creative or a 1v1 gamemode is a badly or very badly needed addition to this network. As for the other 40%, I think it is hard to say. I probably should have had a response for "I want something else added." I am guessing that about half of the 40% wants the network to just focus on MCSG, and the other half wants a different gamemode added.

Question 2: Which gamemodes should be removed from the network? (The percents represent the percentage of people that feel that that gamemode should be removed)

UHC Worlds - 65.2%
Deadly Descent - 56.5%
Survival Bingo - 60.9%
ZedChase - 82.6%
Battlegrounds - 4.3%
MCSG - 0%

My Analysis: No surprises here... MCSG and Battlegorunds are the only two gamemodes on this network that more than half of the community does not want removed. I know we have Solo SG and MCSG Maker as well, but those are just branches off of MCSG lets be real. This community needs something else other than MCSG and an FFA gamemode as the results in Question 1 showed. Personally, I think that we should remove all the gamemodes that have over 50% wanting it removed, and instead focus on doing MCSG and Battlegrounds really well, while adding one to two new and exciting gamemodes in the near future.

Question 3: Should battlegrounds have a leaderboard and statistic system?
Yes - 52.2%
Don't care - 30.4%
No - 17.4%

My Analysis: No surprises here again. This community has a lot of competitive players, and the most of the other people don't care if there are stats. We were promised with the leaderboard update that all MCGamer gamemodes would eventually get leaderboards soon after MCSG did. While nobody really cares that all the unpopular gamemodes don't have leaderboards, come on why does UHC Worlds have a leaderboard and not Battlegrounds?

Question 4: Thoughts on the current hub?
I love it, please don't change it anytime soon - 17.4%
I like it, but it is time for a fresh one - 56.5%
I don't like it, it is time for a new one - 26.1%

My Analysis: If I was Chad and I was looking at this question I would be thinking two things. The first would be that this shows exactly whey Arsenal's point is valid that MCGamer needs to collect more information from the community to improve the MCGamer experience, as that you can learn valuable things like this. And the second would be that I am getting Team Elite or whoever working on a new hub in the very near future. Enough said.

Question 5: What type of sword should you have in Battlegrounds?
Diamond - 8.7%
Iron - 60.9%
Stone - 26.1%
Sword? I am a Bacca. Give me an axe! - 8.7%

My Analysis: CAmadeusA can we get the Battlegrounds kits changed back to Iron swords please? The community clearly preferred that over diamond.

Question 6: Should MCGamer create more polls like the ones that I have created in this form to gather community feedback?
Yes - 91.3%
No - 8.7%

My Analysis: My arguments in my part 1 thread were completely true, and the large majority of the community agrees with me.

Total Number of responses: 23

My Analysis: Obviously, a larger pool of data is always more accurate. I am sure that if 1,000 people took this survey then the percentages would vary slightly. However, I don't see any shocking results in the data, so I would assume that the results would be pretty similar. Of course if MCGamer was to use the /poll feature in game, or post polls on the front page of the forums they would get a lot of submissions, and get some very accurate data. The resources are there, they just have to use them.

Final thoughts: Even my small survey taught us some things. For example, the community wants a new hub, and the recent change from iron to diamond swords in Battlegrounds went against the wishes of the large majority. It is time for the administration to start doing more to make sure that the community is satisfied. In recent times most of their changes have come from the community speaking up. We need the administration to become a little more proactive, and start making more of an effort to improve the experience for the community, rather than waiting for us to complain.

Very important note: Please remember that the purpose of this thread is to encourage the staff to gather more feedback from the community, not to show that those topics brought up in the questions are issues. While the results show interesting data, lets try to focus on the overall point of this thread, and of course the results in question 6. So basically, try to keep the discussion of individual questions to a minimum unless it is about question 6. Thanks!

Last edited:

EDC

Platinum
Reaction score
The rage lmao... I saw the note tho don't worry ;)

Preston417

Career
Reaction score
My personal opinion on Creative is very slim; it was a hit on MCGamer, but looking at the community of Minecraft in general, it's primarily PVP based, so of course it's requested - but the question is, how long will it be active?

And with 1v1's, I agree, I don't think you could go wrong with having a 1v1 option or game. It's organizable for two people to 1v1 in Battlegrounds, although might be difficult to organize an entire tourney or group session in Battlegrounds. I personally don't think it should be a top priority, but I'd definitely say it should be on the list!

Now, with removing gamemodes, it'd really only have one benefit; funding. It doesn't hurt anyone with these modes being available, however I feel that most the servers for the not so popular modes are just hosted with spare space on the SG boxes, however I might be dead wrong. In the event they aren't, and funding is a primary source for the future, then I'd agree on removing the unpopular modes, or maybe just updating them to make them more attractive to old, current, and new players alike.

Yes, however it should be split into two; ranked and unranked. You shouldn't be forced into playing for a spot on a leaderboard, or forced into the pressure of having that, and you also shouldn't be forced into only playing for a temporary 5 minute leaderboard, so splitting them into two would be the best of both worlds.

The hub definitely shouldn't be a priority on any todo list. The current hub has no flaws, and sure something can get boring after a while, but there's always SG or Battlegrounds available to entertain you, and attract you away from the hub. :)

I feel like an iron sword with iron armor is just perfect, I agree it should be changed back; however hosting a poll (a more official poll) would be easiest for telling.

And yes, more polls! Having polls for various topics never hurts. It could be simple questions, such as "What is your operating system?", or it could be questions that the administration needs feedback on quickly.

I hope my feedback is reasonable and understandable to others, it's quite late and I am going to hop off directly after posting this, so my wording might be a little bit wobbly and all over the place, for that; I apologize.

Preston

itstomy

Diamond
Reaction score
Well for AU there are still a few problems, There is a lobby "1138" that is glitched and never starts, The FNS glitch still occurs for AU. Not always but usually. Just like to put that out there :3

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score

My Analysis: If I was Chad and I was looking at this question I would be thinking two things. The first would be that this shows exactly whey Arsenal's point is valid that MCGamer needs to collect more information from the community to improve the MCGamer experience, as that you can learn valuable things like this. And the second would be that I am getting Team Elite or whoever working on a new hub in the very near future. Enough said.
Not only that, but let's take a look back through the history of MCGamer's hubs. I'll break it down in bullet form because reading paragraphs is annoying.

• Hub #1 - Floating Islands: MCSG (newly branded as MCGamer) created their first hub in June 2013. This hub was an architectural dream, with arching gateways to all gamemodes, fun easter eggs, a staff area, etc. Hub #1 lasted from June 2013 - January 2014 (six months). Let's not forget the KitPvP (now known as Battlegrounds) hub that was introduced around December 2013, which was almost as impressive as the main hub itself.
  • Hub #2 - "MCGamer 2014 Hub": A massive influx of players over the last month inspired MCGamer to open it's doors to new players by creating a new, bigger hub and creating things like hub tutorials and interactive activities in the hub. This hub was constantly upgraded, improved upon, and changed. While it lasted from January 2014 - November 2014 (11 months), things were always being rearranged and built anew to keep people entertained and current with our gamemodes.
  • Hub #3 - The MCGamer V2 Hub: New gamemodes were implemented about four months prior to this, but it was now time to put them in the main spotlight! This new hub features portals to minihubs for all MCGamer gamemodes, and those minihubs held all new V2 upgrades such as dynamic servers which made server boards much smaller (and made joining SG games an ongoing struggle of confusion). This hub lasted from November 2014 - June 2015 (8 months)
  • Hub #4 - The Community Update Hub: With the reimplementation of 1.7 to MCGamer and to accomodate the new gamemode updates (basically getting rid of the unsuccessful AntVenom gamemodes and preparing for SG Solo) this hub was introduced. Sources indicate this hub was built on a rushed schedule by basically one person. From a personal standpoint, I always thought this hub was temporary because there were no longer any hub features we once held dear. No hub tutorial, no staff castle, mansion, island, etc., no minihubs, no mazes, very small parkour, etc. And its design, while a very impressive building feat, was very small and cramped. For a network of our size and previous hub record, this hub was in my opinion, a disappointment. It was serviced in June of 2015 and has been our current hub for 9 months and counting, with the only changes really made to it were to accommodate MCSG Maker.
So what do we see from our hub history? Why did our network with such an expansive hub reputation suddenly downsize the hub and get rid of all it's features?
Question 6: Should MCGamer create more polls like the ones that I have created in this form to gather community feedback?
Yes - 91.3%
No - 8.7%
I'd like to know who the 2 people (8%) were who voted no just to see what their specific perspective is c:

Last edited:

User19101

Survivor
Reaction score
feedback should influence updates, random adjustments to change (especially to the young audience of mcsg) will not happen overnight and thus more negative feedback

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

I have tried asking about this and i was told to go to chad that was 2 months ago and i did and got no reply

Also i can agree with what Ceroria said being the architect for all but the current hub i can say that this one is not as good and was rushed given the presence of world edit errors and bad teraforming

User19101

Survivor
Reaction score
I have tried asking about this and i was told to go to chad that was 2 months ago and i did and got no reply

Also i can agree with what Ceroria said being the architect for all but the current hub i can say that this one is not as good and was rushed given the presence of world edit errors and bad teraforming
chad hasn't been really active lately for some reason, his twitter is pretty inactive and so is his forum account, pretty worrysome

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
chad hasn't been really active lately for some reason, his twitter is pretty inactive and so is his forum account, pretty worrysome
I dont use those i have his phone number facebook and a lot more that i talk to him on.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
if only they would listen amiright
My personal opinion on Creative is very slim; it was a hit on MCGamer, but looking at the community of Minecraft in general, it's primarily PVP based, so of course it's requested - but the question is, how long will it be active?

And with 1v1's, I agree, I don't think you could go wrong with having a 1v1 option or game. It's organizable for two people to 1v1 in Battlegrounds, although might be difficult to organize an entire tourney or group session in Battlegrounds. I personally don't think it should be a top priority, but I'd definitely say it should be on the list!

Now, with removing gamemodes, it'd really only have one benefit; funding. It doesn't hurt anyone with these modes being available, however I feel that most the servers for the not so popular modes are just hosted with spare space on the SG boxes, however I might be dead wrong. In the event they aren't, and funding is a primary source for the future, then I'd agree on removing the unpopular modes, or maybe just updating them to make them more attractive to old, current, and new players alike.

Yes, however it should be split into two; ranked and unranked. You shouldn't be forced into playing for a spot on a leaderboard, or forced into the pressure of having that, and you also shouldn't be forced into only playing for a temporary 5 minute leaderboard, so splitting them into two would be the best of both worlds.

The hub definitely shouldn't be a priority on any todo list. The current hub has no flaws, and sure something can get boring after a while, but there's always SG or Battlegrounds available to entertain you, and attract you away from the hub. :)

I feel like an iron sword with iron armor is just perfect, I agree it should be changed back; however hosting a poll (a more official poll) would be easiest for telling.

And yes, more polls! Having polls for various topics never hurts. It could be simple questions, such as "What is your operating system?", or it could be questions that the administration needs feedback on quickly.

I hope my feedback is reasonable and understandable to others, it's quite late and I am going to hop off directly after posting this, so my wording might be a little bit wobbly and all over the place, for that; I apologize.

Preston
vanth??/?111?111!!!!??? is that you???11!!!!??1111!!??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci