• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG has NO team limit

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
The mod who made the thread could've moved it >.<

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
The mod who made the thread could've moved it >.<
True, but he may have not been online right now. Kinda awkward that a mod posted in the wrong place... Well I guess mistakes happen.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
We don't have a team limit because most of the time, it's impossible to enforce. After all, how do you prove that you weren't just in a truce with another player or group of players?
Other large networks that have a team limit also find it very difficult or impossible to enforce. I will admit to once breaking the team limit rule on another large server unknowingly (kinda forgot that they had a team limit rule as I'm not used to it...) - even after being reported for violating the team limit rule by having about 4 more players in my team than allowed, nothing ever happened to me.

(Note: I don't condone breaking rules on any server, but accidents do happen...)

Sidopey

Diamond
Reaction score
o. That actually helped. It makes me feel stupid now.

Sidopey

Diamond
Reaction score
Other server have that rule and I dont think it is fair to have a team larger than 3. It give people an unfair advantage. I dont think it is fair if someone wants to have a team of 6. If a lot of people did this it would be almost impossible to win.
You said that if a lot of people did this it would be almost impossible to win. Your referring to if a lot of people did this. This almost never happens and it hasn't been a problem yet so why would it happen more frequently later? Nothing has really changed.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
We don't have a team limit because most of the time, it's impossible to enforce. After all, how do you prove that you weren't just in a truce with another player or group of players?
Other large networks that have a team limit also find it very difficult or impossible to enforce. I will admit to once breaking the team limit rule on another large server unknowingly (kinda forgot that they had a team limit rule as I'm not used to it...) - even after being reported for violating the team limit rule by having about 4 more players in my team than allowed, nothing ever happened to me.

(Note: I don't condone breaking rules on any server, but accidents do happen...)
I seriously don't understand why anyone bothers trying to ban larger teams. That won't stop them from making large teams, just from being obvious about it.
Because it's so hard to prove, it's really easy for them to find a workaround. Have a team of 8? Go into two 4 person parties and split up. Tell your location to avoid bumping into each other. Once you're the only players left, meet up and kill each other to the last man standing, as if the team was never there.
Nobody would ever know. :/

You could argue such a team would be pointless, but it honestly wouldn't be hard to get another teammate to come over and help through voice, and continue running off as they finish the guy off, as long as there was never any clear indication he was helping his teammate...And this is merely one example of the powers of voice communication for help. They could even put stuff in a chest for the others to collect.

I've never quite understood the reason for the rule on those servers if nobody ever gets in trouble for it. So as not to encourage it? Sure, but all you're doing is harming your potential for "clans" or groups of people to have fun together. It's always more fun with friends.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci