• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

"MCSG isn't what it used to be..."

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
I know this feeling, looking back in 2012 it was different to what it is now.

Change is good, its just how its changed. When MCSG became a network, that was great, they were about to take on the responsibility of maintaining several gamemodes for its players. The sad thing about it is that they have only ever had MCSG as their top priority, this has lead other gamemodes pushed behind and having to wait for a very long long long long long time to get a release. It is no longer just MCSG, it is a network and as a network you have to make sure that all the gamemodes are up and running.

Here's what has happened so far:
  • MCSG released
  • Quater Quell released
  • SG Classic released
  • KitPvP released
Those are the positives, now for the negatives:
  • MCTF2 taken over and has only ever had patch fixed, which we were grateful for, but we really needed a new plugin since the old plugin is now dead, for 2 years.
  • Creative has been up/down. What is so hard in keeping a simple creative server online?! And when it was online, it was only for the US.
  • Same goes to Survival.
  • ZedChase, never got finished.
Its amazing to see how they can make and release 3 new gamemodes but can't finish off 4 others that were started ages ago. Before starting a new gamemode, heck even planning a new gamemode, fix the gamemodes you have already started. Everywhere you look, you always advertise that you have MCSG/MCTF2/ZedChase, and yet only MCSG is the one working. Why not actually fix MCTF2 and ZedChase.

Multiplayer MOTD: MCSG/MCTF2/ZedChase
TeamSpeak logo: MCSG/MCTF2/ZedChase

We appreciate what the staff have done, but what we don't like is that they have pushed other unfinished projects aside.
MCSG doesn't have too many legitimate faults, but easily this is their worst. They turned MCSG into a multiple gaming network when they barely have enough focus for the other gamemodes.

If MCGamer needs any actual work, they need to put down MCSG for a bit and focus on the rest of the puzzle. I mean, if they literally can't keep a simple creative server up that tells you something.

Auroraty|Kristie

District 13
Reaction score
*makes long post that some people actually enjoy*

*everyone else complains about the colors*

Gosh, if it's really that distracting I'll change it in the morning :p I thought it was fun. Text is always black :p

Anyways, it's kinda cool to see everyone discussing things and their opinions on the thread. I like reading these.

Shinyigglybuff

Diamond
Reaction score
*makes long post that some people actually enjoy*

*everyone else complains about the colors*

Gosh, if it's really that distracting I'll change it in the morning :p I thought it was fun. Text is always black :p

Anyways, it's kinda cool to see everyone discussing things and their opinions on the thread. I like reading these.
I do like colours

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
Great post, also dem colours are amazing :O

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
Almost every post here has over 5 likes so I think I'll post to see if I get dem likes too :D <3
P.S I think we share the same opinion on this topic(I haven't been as active on the forums because of all this hate that starts getting really annoying and because I have IRL stuff that I need to do :p yep I have a life b!chs)

DAL_9000

Platinum
Reaction score
I've been here for nearly 2 years, and I've gotta say, it hasn't really changed that much. It's becoming more popular, sure, and the presence of different "cults" (i.e: Baccas, Joey fans) has certainly brought small amounts of change, but it's still the same feel. I agree that it may feel slightly different because we're all better at it than we were before, and we're used to the rhythm of the games, but if someone were to come to the community back in May 2012, and then now, they wouldn't see much of a change besides more maps, more people, and less people spam-botting the servers into submission.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I've been here for nearly 2 years, and I've gotta say, it hasn't really changed that much. It's becoming more popular, sure, and the presence of different "cults" (i.e: Baccas, Joey fans) has certainly brought small amounts of change, but it's still the same feel. I agree that it may feel slightly different because we're all better at it than we were before, and we're used to the rhythm of the games, but if someone were to come to the community back in May 2012, and then now, they wouldn't see much of a change besides more maps, more people, and less people spam-botting the servers into submission.
I think the feel has completely changed. Not that it's a bad thing really, but it has definitely changed. Of course, like you said, there are more maps and people and such, but gameplay has changed a lot from the strategy of it to the PvP of it to the community feel of it. You used to be able to hide, wait people out, not go to corn and all sorts of things like that to try and not die and maybe even win. Heck, in the past plenty of people didn't even care about winning! They just wanted to see how long they could last in the Hunger Games, a movie they had seen or a book they had read that seemed like a really interesting experience to have in a game.

The PvP has changed, but that's because that was requested pretty often back in the day. I've said this several times, and in my opinion people have expanded PvP in Minecraft beyond hitting people with your swords and maybe shooting people with your bows and arrows to using a fishing rod or a flint and steel to give you an advantage. People have employed these new tactics to make PvP more interesting, something people complained about relatively often in the past. It has changed the game drastically in my opinion, and though it's not something I personally like all that much, it's something the community wanted and obviously ended up for the better.

The community feel... It used to be a bunch of friends in a small community playing some Survival Games together. Now it's about winning, raging after dieing, not knowing most of the people you fight and just moving on to the next game. Of course, this is to be expected with a community growing as rapidly as this one, and at times it's nice to play like this, but this is also what changed the game the most. The people. If people hadn't wanted more interesting PvP, smaller maps, and other things like that, I feel like the game could still be the same as it was back in beta.

So yes, MCSG isn't what it used to be. We've gone from the small community that started MCSG's growth to the millions of people that have now played on the MCGamer network. People have changed, MCSG has changed and just about everything has changed. We've evolved. We may have been a cute little Mudkip, new to the world, still trying to experience everything life has to offer to a wise old Swampert, who may discover he can evolve again (give all the professors a shock ;)), or stay like this forever.

This was a sort of weird post :p May not be completely about the topic at hand, but I feel that it's important I say that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci