• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG Laptop

branone

Career
Reaction score
Boo Alienware!

And, go for the first one over the second.

Or, custom build a desktop, you don't need to put it together you can pay to get it put together.
Boo AlienWare? stop talking about Custom Computer's -.-, custom this custom that!

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I recommend the first 1 but to play minecraft you should search for something without an onboard ghrapic card.

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm not getting a desktop because:
1) I can't build anything. (go to an asembly store)
2) Don't know anything about the parts (see point 1)
3) Might use laptop for other stuff (you can use your dekstop for other stuff 2)
4) Computers are obviously portable (you can try it ;))
5) If I make a thread for a laptop, I don't really want a desktop. (we just give you some advise)

Bal31

Survivor
Reaction score
Alienware is way too over priced I could build there computers for about 200 dollars cheaper.What runs up there price is their fancy led keyboards. Anywho the key to laptop gaming is "DEDICATED" graphics cards. This means they dont steal it from you motherboard it has its own. My laptop was only around 500 and it runs minecraft easily 50+ fps sometimes at 100+. I have only 6 gb of ram dedicated graphics with crossfire and a amd a8 quad core with radeon dual graphics processor.

ExpertWaffleMaker

Spectator
Reaction score
Alienware is way too over priced I could build there computers for about 200 dollars cheaper.What runs up there price is their fancy led keyboards. Anywho the key to laptop gaming is "DEDICATED" graphics cards. This means they dont steal it from you motherboard it has its own. My laptop was only around 500 and it runs minecraft easily 50+ fps sometimes at 100+. I have only 6 gb of ram dedicated graphics with crossfire and a amd a8 quad core with radeon dual graphics processor.
and exactly what laptop was that? I couldn't find many "DEDICATED" graphics card laptops that weren't over 900 dollars.

cat12347

Tribute
Reaction score
For a gaming computer of any kind, Intel is better than AMD for the processor, but also more expensive. If you can, go Intel. AMD is more home-entertainment oriented, i.e. for watching movies or just general use. Intel is faster in almost any benchmark test you throw at it. Period. And yes, a dedicated graphics card IS better, but NOT necessary for Minecraft. The biggest factor for FPS in Minecraft is the RAM, and 6GB is plenty to run at a high render distance and full settings, even with an HD texturepack if you use one.

Having said all that, I can't say exactly which of those two is a better choice. Yes, the processor in the first option is AMD. But it is a very high-end AMD processor, and the Intel one in the 2nd option is a more mid-range processor. So I'd say to make your choice based on the RAM, graphics, and other features like screen size and Hard Drive space etc. Out of the two you provided, I would go with the 1st one personally, but there are MANY better options out there.

If you would like, I could look for a few and send you some good options? Let me know.

Bal31

Survivor
Reaction score
I got it off of newegg. It was a Hp pavilion dv6 refurbished for around 500 dollars works fine. If you were trying to look kool you failed.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well actually, AMD and Intel are practically the same. They are different companies that get their chips from Indonesia, Intel is generally more expensive because of the name. The processors may look different except they'd run pretty much the same. Like cat12347 said, you should make your choices on other things like ram and graphics. I'd still go the first one but the second one is still quite decent.

ExpertWaffleMaker

Spectator
Reaction score
Well actually, AMD and Intel are practically the same. They are different companies that get their chips from Indonesia, Intel is generally more expensive because of the name. The processors may look different except they'd run pretty much the same. Like cat12347 said, you should make your choices on other things like ram and graphics. I'd still go the first one but the second one is still quite decent.
I also visited another store, I'm even more confused than when I started. It seems these Pavilions are everywhere, I'm assuming they're not a bad choice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci