• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG Map Submission! - The Highlands!

GearShard

Spectator
Reaction score
PIC1.png
Map Made By: SwiftDustMC, KittiHazard, Auge_drengen
Map highlands has a bunch of hidden chests in it, as well as a couple of traps for the curious ones, this map is built EXCLUSIVELY for MCSG servers!
Feel free to download the map yourself and take a look around, and also leave some feedback here on the forums if you like the map :)
https://www.mediafire.com/?bh2uvjlqtfzdh3v

This map was built on flatland! No vanilla terrain included!
Also, map contains several secret places! Moderators and staff members are welcome to message me for they'r locations!

-200 Radius dome
-24 Pads
-Aprox. 120 chests.

Medieval village located east from spawn!
PIC2.png

The Tree of Wonders.
2014-01-06_21.47.26.png

Beach Area of the map!
2014-01-06_21.47.35.png

The Ruins!
2014-01-06_21.48.23.png

That would be it for the screenshots! Hope you guys like the map, we really put so much hard work and effort into it, and it would be amazing if it could be posted on MCSG server! Thanks everyone for checking out the post!

Attachments

Last edited:

Educating_

Platinum
Reaction score
Looks nice. Has terraforming, buildings, a nice spawn. Best of luck.

TheCornThief

Experienced
Reaction score
More screenshots please? Looks decent from what that single screenshot shows.

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
Doesn't look very impressive from the screenshot. To have your map being accepted and put on the servers, it has to be something special, and not look like other maps. This map doesn't seem very special compared to other maps, as it currently seem to have a large forest, medieval themed buildings and a simple cornucopia made out of stonebricks and cobblestone, which many other maps already have. Plus, terraforming hills and such with WorldPainter is not recommended (you used WorldPainter, right?), unless you are very, very experienced with it.

To get this map accepted, you will need to make it stand out from other maps, which it currently doesn't, based on that one single screenshot.

I apologize if I'm sounding harsh, but these are my honest opinion based on how the map looks so far. Put some more screenshots up and I might change my opinion.

Best of luck to you.

Reaction score
Really nice! I like the little 1-block-statues on the spawn , it makes it harder to grab the chests. Looks pretty good for PvP , as it's an open area map. I like secrets (Everyone does :3). But you should add more screenshots. I wish you the best of luck ;).
By the way , please avoid double posting , there's an edit button :).

GearShard

Spectator
Reaction score
Doesn't look very impressive from the screenshot. To have your map being accepted and put on the servers, it has to be something special, and not look like other maps. This map doesn't seem very special compared to other maps, as it currently seem to have a large forest, medieval themed buildings and a simple cornucopia made out of stonebricks and cobblestone, which many other maps already have. Plus, terraforming hills and such with WorldPainter is not recommended (you used WorldPainter, right?), unless you are very, very experienced with it.

To get this map accepted, you will need to make it stand out from other maps, which it currently doesn't, based on that one single screenshot.

I apologize if I'm sounding harsh, but these are my honest opinion based on how the map looks so far. Put some more screenshots up and I might change my opinion.

Best of luck to you.
I appreciate the critic, and no I didn't use WorldPainter, we used world edit for terraforming (Brushes) and then smoothned them, also, map download is avaviable so you can check the map out yourself, we also payed attention to details like the outside of the map.
Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci