• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG Nostalgia Thread

MrMets

Experienced
Reaction score
How about the days when you had to fill up your whole entire server list with mcsg servers just to play a game as a green player! Oh those sad days!

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
Me dumping on noobs and when we got into the same game w Bajan and Jerome and me
Yeah i remember that game we were in with Bajan! Its even on his channel! :p I am in 2 bajan videos and in both videos i am recognized well and he says my name :p.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
Since all of the major things have been said (no hub, old maps, etc.), I'll list some of the little things I remember that just give me feels up the wazoo.

I'll probably edit this once I think of more things.

-Blue names
-When it was [SurvivalGames] rather than [MCSG] before every message
-People climbing in the creeper eye on Breeze Island during deathmatch and camping there
-When people cared about their districts and would ask to team with their district on occasion
-The PMC contest in summer 2013
-The rulebook you got in the Team Elite lobby in the beginning of MCSGv2
-The old lobbies (FyreUK and the Halloween 2012 lobby give me more nostalgia than the old summer 2012 lobbies do honestly, especially the secrets of the Halloween lobby.)
-When people actually cared about their points
-Regional leaderboards
-When /skip was a thing and you could vote it and vote for a map
-People arguing about whether Better Sprint Mod should be allowed (Thanks Mitch)
-When there were lots of baccas instead of lots of people using Solrflares' skin.
-When there were 4 map options instead of 5
-People asking to team at the cake room
-When Blamph and nate252 were the biggest YouTubers that were considered good and when BajanCanadian played and everyone fanboyed him
-The giant trampoline in the first MCSG hub
-When games would constantly be full, even with spectators
-The old deathmatch arena with the falling sand
-When you couldn't use Flint and Steel or place cake in deathmatch
-MCSGv1 chests (bones, cooked fish, clocks, compasses, rotten flesh, fishing rods and cookies in tier 2's, no leather boots)
-The old golden apples (crafted with gold nuggets instead of ingots, but weren't as powerful)
-The lag that came when 1.3 was released
-When people could run in deathmatch without the lighting radius shrinking so the game would end with no victor
-The fence glitch where you could eat by right-clicking a fence with your food
-The crafting table/inventory lag that basically made MCSG unplayable when 1.5 came out
-When people would argue whether SG1 or SG2 was the best map
-When people would argue whether SG4 or Breeze Island was the best map
-Notch Apples on Survival Kingdom + the invisibility potion
-When you could sponsor people potions
-"Team meet under bridge" in the FyreUK lobby
-When you lost 2% of your points when you died instead of 5% (making killing someone and getting say, over 100 points, means a lot)
-The bounty glitch in early 2013 where people had millions of points
-When all the good players would be in lobbies 1-5 and so people would join servers 20-30 to get easier wins
-The old forums layout
-The old Solar Frost map
-When people didn't complain about ping when they died (because before 1.7, ping didn't matter that much because PvP actually took skill)
-When JeromeASF played on here but his IGN was Hacksource
-When you'd get swarmed by mobs on TSG2 when it first came out
-In MCSGv1, on SG3 there was one unlucky player who'd be surrounded by two spiders on their pedestal.
-People making fake iron armor using a leather tunic and bonemeal in v1. (crafted from bones in
chests)
-When a game's maximum length was either 60 minutes or 40 minutes rather than 30 minutes, and when the game actually would last that long sometimes. It's very rare to see any games go longer than 10 minutes nowadays
-When games were short if there wasn't a refill. Now, if there is a refill it's a long game
-When only cornucopia chests were tier 2 on SG2
-When refill came right after sunset rather than a few minutes into night
-When you actually had to use your arrows wisely rather than bowspamming
-When people actually played smartly, rather than just trying to kill everyone they see
-When people at the top of the leaderboards wouldn't be accused of boosting or having a hacked client and instead they'd be accused of using the Better Sprint Mod
-When grinding out wins to try and be high up on the leaderboards actually took a while because games were longer than 5-10 minutes
-

Last edited:

Gule

District 13
Reaction score
No targeting (for me) refreshing page to get in a game and not getting in a game and rage xDDD

EricParazak

Tommy Wiseau
Reaction score
I miss the old days in general; back when Tomahawk was a chill guy, back when we didn't have the hub, (Granted I do like the hub idea.) back when we had legends like Blamph, omgjustin and zeejayy, back when we didn't have annoying fanboys, (Bajan and Jerome, Joey and Stacy.) back when we had good staff, back when we weren't purely about competition and back when everyone knew each other. I miss those days... :(

mikag35 Your post hit me right in the feels ;-;

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
When Baccas did not run around the server and were free kills Kappa

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci