• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Mcsg problems (Part one) Lag & staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omri

Career
Reaction score
Hello to all you minemen pvpers who are looking at this thread. Today I will talk about all the problems on this server. I will also put what I think can be done to solve all these problems. Letssssss get right in to the problems.

Lag
So I'm an Eu player and latley things haven't been so smooth latley. In the last 2-3 weeks of me playing, there has been some proxy/latency issues with server. When I press tab its like a rollercoster because everyone's wifi is going up and down. The communtiy has made MULTIPLE comments/threads about this problem and IMO it's not helping the community like the server and better and it's not helping the server to grow either.

Staff
I'm not going to be a little kid and whine JUST about all the problems the staff has and instead I'm going to give the staff some credit for what they do. As you know there are many hackers on the server. Staff can't ban all of the hackers so in every couple games there will be at least 1/2 hackers. You can't expect the server to be hacker free when there are ton of people who use hacked/ghost/modded clients. Now I do have some problems with the staff. When you decide to become a mod, you have to agree to ban/record EVERY hacker you see and put a decent amount of time into helping the server out. Now I'm not going to give any names, but I've seen mods that honestly dont really care about the server and are too lazy to record a hacker. Also there are some mods that hop on once or twice for like 30 minutes, And I think that's unacceptable. As I said previously, When you sign up to be a mod, you're commiting into putting time into the server and I guess the only way getting around thise if you have a valid reason, but other than that I think it's honestly pure laziness.

That's part one of my mini rant about MCSG. Part two will come out when I want to do.

Give feedback on what you guys thing can help out MCSG with there server and if you think other than me comment.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've seen mods that honestly dont really care about the server and are too lazy to record a hacker
idgaf about that, long live the hackers u can never rly take them all down
The thing I don't like is mods that put 0% effort in what they do and are worse than Steam's support system. I'm mostly talking about attitude and what they do in the forums, unnecessarily locking threads and thinking they're superior to others and they act like they're working for CIA. Some think of this as a job, which is not -as much. It's just a voluntary thing people can do if they have the time and want to do it, and that is greatly appreciated. You can consider that as a job, but not a serious one, like an office job or something, but it is similar.
Honestly, there have been AMAZING mods in this server which have helped it a lot, but a lot of other current ones that are kinda ruining the server and its reputation.
But still, if you do this and take time from your day, I appreciate that, you loyal.

except if ur a mod that does nothing and has a negative effect to the server, then please stop xddd

PowerOfGuri

Career
Reaction score
Well I agree except in the part you talk about mods. There are some pretty good mods, although there are some worst mods.. Yes, that's true, but se really need to think about who is causing this mainly: developers.. I don't know how many devs MCGamer network has, but what I know about them is: They need to be more cuz bugs are happening every time, especially on EU (I don't really see US players or AU players relying about the server) which has the bigger community. They need to have GOOD devs cuz in every update they do bugs happen and it's not all about school things like some people say: yes, there are people that leave the community because of school, but hey! There is people borning every day and growing up every day too, and imagine that you enter on the server for the 1st time, you'll not learn how to pvp, or if you do, you'll learn badly (idk what's the word), and I can talk about me, because I came up here in September 2014 and there was no bugs till 2015 Summer when basically all started happening. Not saying this is all about all mods or hackers, but imo this includes: new developers, some demotes, more divulgation about report abuse section as MCGamer can't find a "good anticheat" and new good maps!!!

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
Lag
So I'm an Eu player and latley things haven't been so smooth latley. In the last 2-3 weeks of me playing, there has been some proxy/latency issues with server. When I press tab its like a rollercoster because everyone's wifi is going up and down. The communtiy has made MULTIPLE comments/threads about this problem and IMO it's not helping the community like the server and better and it's not helping the server to grow either.
http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/game-build-651-19-march-2016.255513/#post-2493515
Staff
I'm not going to be a little kid and whine JUST about all the problems the staff has and instead I'm going to give the staff some credit for what they do. As you know there are many hackers on the server. Staff can't ban all of the hackers so in every couple games there will be at least 1/2 hackers. You can't expect the server to be hacker free when there are ton of people who use hacked/ghost/modded clients. Now I do have some problems with the staff. When you decide to become a mod, you have to agree to ban/record EVERY hacker you see and put a decent amount of time into helping the server out. Now I'm not going to give any names, but I've seen mods that honestly dont really care about the server and are too lazy to record a hacker. Also there are some mods that hop on once or twice for like 30 minutes, And I think that's unacceptable. As I said previously, When you sign up to be a mod, you're commiting into putting time into the server and I guess the only way getting around thise if you have a valid reason, but other than that I think it's honestly pure laziness.
Any moderators who demonstrate what you've explained here can be reported to me through a forum DM

QA;TL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci