• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG rant.. please read.

IcedSoda

Tribute
Reaction score
So... MCSG, where can I start, THE TEAMS. I honestly DEGRADED from playing MCSG because of the amount of teams, and solo sg is dead.. it's not that much of a problem. But, if you guys LIMITED teams much more people would come back and be happy about coming back. Also, I can't even begin to STRESS the tryhards, it honestly just does make me mad to see a tryhard unoriginal name, of a guy that PROBABLY COPIES VANE, I can see it now, NoHacksJustCopy or NohacksJustTemplate or NoHacksJustHacks or NoHacksJustTeacher, and I have seen that account which is STUPID. if you guys would decrease teams to ONLY 3 PEOPLE!!!! Then the server would be much better. If you guys were also stricter about things and added BETTER chat filters with more detections.. it would be much better.. Honestly, and the fact that you took away a lot of good maps because they took too long to make, and you keep one of the BIGGEST maps on MCSG is just stupid.. i'm not disrespecting the staff, I think a lot of them are experienced and have a lot of good will and know what they're doing. And i'm not going to lie, what i'm about to say is COMPLETELY stupid, why do bigger youtubers not try to do anything, they have a fanbase (Like SolrFlare, Kvn, Austen, Fazon, Toxic, Huahwi if he comes back, Unfuggetable etc..) they have the power to do a lot, and they could easily change the community, they CONSTANTLY complain about the community, teams, tryhards, etc.

I'm going to link you to a video that inspired me, and if you DO BELIEVE the community should be improved or it's not the best or there are ISSUES, then send this post to others and same with the video

-video snipped do to language-

-Soda, long time player

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Okay, I mind as well start off with the problems you addressed in the thread, and at the end, maybe a counter rant or something; idk.

Teams: I've gone on endlessly about this problem, and my mind will never change. It is SG, based off the hunger games. What's the careers? A team of like 8 people, who were in teamed in all 74 hunger game things. They teamed. Did the capital tell them "no, you can't try and better your chances at winning because no one likes it"? No. Also, as usual, teams are still as fun as always to fight imo. Just learn to take em out, and boom, you can play 24 player sg fluently. c:

Tryharders: Simple; play like em. They don't try hard to annoy you, they do it to win and have fun. Just learn to take them down, and it shouldn't be a problem. I really don't know why this is a topic.... >.>

Abuse in chat & better chat filter: the chat filter is an average filter; it can only do up to its limits, but can't weren't set to block some words. If you truly believe you are being harassed, file a report abuse. The mods on here got the position for a reason; they are ready to help. Also note that the filter is being updated a lot in the backgrounds, and being perfected often. Don't worry. The devs won't let ya down. c:

Maps: Maps can't be removed because it took time. Honestly, it's preferred to take a lot of time on maps; it just shows you spent the time perfecting it.

Yeah. Honestly, these threads really aren't needed. The community has been through many rough times; once we pull through this one, another will be waiting for the network. As long as the community helps through thick and thin, then the networks itself will last for, hopefully, long time.

elmagarate

Platinum
Reaction score
I will agree with you when it comes to stricter rules when it comes to the chat filter. Alot of people don't care that they'll get muted so they continue to trash talk/say inappropriate/ or hurtful remarks. I'm pretty sure that the highest level of punishment when it comes to that stuff is just a perm mute. But in my opinion if a player keeps harassing people or trash talking, then he should receive a temporary ban.

Reaction score
I will agree with you when it comes to stricter rules when it comes to the chat filter. Alot of people don't care that they'll get muted so they continue to trash talk/say inappropriate/ or hurtful remarks. I'm pretty sure that the highest level of punishment when it comes to that stuff is just a perm mute. But in my opinion if a player keeps harassing people or trash talking, then he should receive a temporary ban.
Uhh... third offense is a permanent ban ya' know...

Reaction score
"-Soda, long time player"

YOU JOINED THE FORUMS JUNE 25 2015 LMAO
Most people claim to have joined earlier, such as how I joined on like November or October something. Either way, I don't understand how people can wait years to join the forums, which in my opinion is more fun, but who knows.

Edit:
From what I saw on the punishments list it's just a perm mute.
Last I've heard is that people were complaining over being perm banned for the third offense.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci