• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG Scoreboard

Should MCSG add scoreboards?

• Genius!

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • It is neat, but it needs changes.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Neutral as a potato. (lulwut?!)

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Nah, I don't think it will work.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd rather jump off a building.

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Don't know yet.

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
The voting scoreboards actually were a feature, then they borked and never got fixed :p

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
I've wanted to do scoreboards before, but due to the way Minecraft works, you can only have a max of 16 characters on each score entry (including color codes); 32 characters (including color codes, which are 2 characters per color) if you abuse the team prefix feature.

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
I've wanted to do scoreboards before, but due to the way Minecraft works, you can only have a max of 16 characters on each score entry (including color codes); 32 characters (including color codes, which are 2 characters per color) if you abuse the team prefix feature.
Awwww.......
Are you sure there isn't a way? If there isn't, is it still possible to code some sort of Scoreboard?

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Awwww.......
Are you sure there isn't a way? If there isn't, is it still possible to code some sort of Scoreboard?
There actually isn't a way - it's just another limitation in the protocol that I don't see Mojang resolving anytime soon (unlike the server ping limitation).

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
There actually isn't a way - it's just another limitation in the protocol that I don't see Mojang resolving anytime soon (unlike the server ping limitation).
Well that's a pickle. :p

Oh well. I believe you said that there are 16 letters allowed per score? Shoot.

#BlameMojang

Guess we'll have to brainstorm to find a way to get some scoreboards in, with or without color.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci