• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG Staff...

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I once brought up that a Sr. Moderator had 0 public posts, and was called into TeamSpeak at like 1:30 AM and given a lecture :/ but on the bright side I got to talk to Chad a bit! (Even though he was pissed at me and in his hot tub on his phone, which I must admit was quite hilarious.)

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Honestly I feel like mods should be active everywhere. It is really part of their jobs. Forums/teamspeak/in game/hub. All these places need to be moderated at least a little bit. I think it is a bit obscure that some mods have like.. less than 20 posts on the forums.

As far as teamspeak.. I only poke a few mods anymore to help. Most of the mods I poke on teamspeak ignore my pokes to help with a hacker, or respond like 20 minutes later. There are just a few mods that I trust to poke and get the job done.

ZombiePigThang

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree they should be active, but keep in mind.. these people have lives and they have already dedicated alot of thier free time to MCSG. Everyone needs a break from now and then...

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Personally I'm confused as to why MCSG even gets mods with less than 20 posts .-.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
The staff have been removing inactive moderators and hire new ones at the same time. So don't worry, if a moderator goes inactive for a very long time without a reason, then that person will get demoted.

And with having to be active on all 3 areas (forums, servers, teamspeak), personally, I like to be on the forums more often than the other 2. Which might explain why I have over 3000 posts..... But let's face it, compared to the servers, there isn't much moderating to do and so you only need to have a small group of people "looking after the forums" while the majority of the moderators go on the servers and on teamspeak.
Its a win-win situation. You have a few active forum moderator here, dealing with Report Abuses and other matters and have far more looking after around 500 servers.

And its not about how many posts you have on the forums, its about how you help to improve the experience for players on the servers. Are you good enough for the job. Do you have any experience. Are you mature enough. When I became mod, I only had like 20 posts.

JustFreeky

Survivor
Reaction score
Also to add to this, we do inactivity checks monthly. There is like 4 times the community in-game with a few who use the site. 30,000+ people a day use the site where as 100,000+ people are in game. Huge difference.
:D, thank you!

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone works differently, and not everyone's work gets seen equally. For example, I've never kicked or banned anyone ingame, but I'm constantly active elsewhere in other areas and aspects that people don't see (or even realize exist).

We can't expect everyone to be our perfect moderation drones, because that puts a ton of undue stress on moderators. If that were true, the mods would have to moderate all of the following at the same time: these forums, TeamSpeak, Survival Games, Creative, Survival, The Hubs, the Chats, and their own staff business. That is a nearly impossible workload that no one in their right mind would volunteer to take on all at the same time. It would be great if we could get mods to do that, but that's just not realistic.

We put more focus on ingame moderation because that's where more people are, and where active moderation is needed more often. To be honest, the forums are pretty easy to moderate. It really babysits itself whilst making moderation very easy with a number of tools for us to use. At the same time, there will always be a larger proportion of players ingame than on our forums, so we have more trouble-makers and rulebreakers ingame. That's why we want to focus our moderation duties there.

And plus, forum posting isn't everything. The forums are a source of communication with the community, but the community doesn't revolve around the forums. You don't need 100+ posts to know what it takes to moderate, much in the same way we deny moderator applications with 5,000+ posts because they aren't fit to moderate here.

JustFreeky

Survivor
Reaction score
Everyone works differently, and not everyone's work gets seen equally. For example, I've never kicked or banned anyone ingame, but I'm constantly active elsewhere in other areas and aspects that people don't see (or even realize exist).

We can't expect everyone to be our perfect moderation drones, because that puts a ton of undue stress on moderators. If that were true, the mods would have to moderate all of the following at the same time: these forums, TeamSpeak, Survival Games, Creative, Survival, The Hubs, the Chats, and their own staff business. That is a nearly impossible workload that no one in their right mind would volunteer to take on all at the same time. It would be great if we could get mods to do that, but that's just not realistic.

We put more focus on ingame moderation because that's where more people are, and where active moderation is needed more often. To be honest, the forums are pretty easy to moderate. It really babysits itself whilst making moderation very easy with a number of tools for us to use. At the same time, there will always be a larger proportion of players ingame than on our forums, so we have more trouble-makers and rulebreakers ingame. That's why we want to focus our moderation duties there.

And plus, forum posting isn't everything. The forums are a source of communication with the community, but the community doesn't revolve around the forums. You don't need 100+ posts to know what it takes to moderate, much in the same way we deny moderator applications with 5,000+ posts because they aren't fit to moderate here.
That is also true. Thank you!

Levah

District 13
Reaction score

Why are you posts amazing?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci