• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Mcsg v1 dedicated server!?

E

Ephiza

i really hate the 1.7 sprint, anyone w/ good ping/clicking speed will win 90 percent of fights.

seamusdean

Experienced
Reaction score
That isn't that bad of an idea. I think a lot of players that have been playing since or near since the beginning, this would bring a huge wave of nostalgia.

NickSharpx ☆

District 13
Reaction score
That would be awesome. Version 1.2.5 would be really awesome and I'd love to play in those. You know.. The real community all in a few servers, whilst the new part of it would just stay apart in their beloved new school servers. I kinda liked old school more, so I totally approve this Jefe!
That would bring the PVP back to when skill was the only thing required, now everybody with a good connection can get awesome combos not even touching the rod, and that makes me mad sumtims ;-;
PS: Don't betray me pls

Chris

Platinum
Reaction score
Let's be honest here... the server would become empty after a week or two. Everyone wanted SG Classic and now barely anyone plays it.
This happened because it's not the Mcsg v1 a lot of people enjoyed. 1.2.5 was by far the best time to play MCSG.

Bredinabox

Experienced
Reaction score
Minecraft updates are obviously made to improve the game. however; I completely agree with you in this case. I do not like 1.7 sprint, in fact I still prefer double tapping W. I would highly enjoy playing on a server that was v1 and required 1.2.5 or some update around that time period. :) I'd love more support on this thread. I enjoy MCSG right now, however; MCSG v1 is also very enjoyable and would bring back feelings of nostalgia. :)
Let's be honest here... the server would become empty after a week or two. Everyone wanted SG Classic and now barely anyone plays it.
The reason no one plays it is due to 1.7 sprint. Back in V1, there was no sprint which is what made it enjoyable. The PvP was actually more of a challenge.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
That would be awesome. Version 1.2.5 would be really awesome and I'd love to play in those. You know.. The real community all in a few servers, whilst the new part of it would just stay apart in their beloved new school servers. I kinda liked old school more, so I totally approve this Jefe!
That would bring the PVP back to when skill was the only thing required, now everybody with a good connection can get awesome combos not even touching the rod, and that makes me mad sumtims ;-;
PS: Don't betray me pls
I don't really like calling people that like the old-school stuff the "real" community. I prefer newer stuff (when I actually play), so does that mean I'm not a true community member or something? What made v1 entertaining for me back then was the anticipation and exploration involved with the game; that kept the slow pace from being boring. I know the maps so well that exploration is moot, and because I've played this game for a while, the slower gameplay is boring. If I do play I prefer quicker, more action-packed games in the newer style.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci