• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG World Cup! [Community Suggestions]

Alpha

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello MCSG! I'm Alpha and I have a new and original tournament that needs your help! I thought of this idea a few nights ago, posted a status on the forums, and a lot of people loved it! This idea was the:

The MCSG World Cup!

The MCSG World Cup is a PvP tournament that takes geographically-based teams (e.g. Team New York, Team Germany) and pits them against each other in a bracket to find which spot in the world is best at PvP!

However, I ran into some complications on how to work this tournaments; how many players per side, how will lag affect players, how win a match (last team left, most kills, etc.) and how to make sure everyone is being honest and not just lying about their location to make an overpowered team, and who qualifies for what teams! (and how we even form them!)

Because this is a tournament, and a World Cup for the community, I wanted you guys to help me out with deciding the different rules, and all that jazz!

Also, if you can help out in anyway (Livestreamer, Sever Owner, Maybe you know enough Java to make a neat plugin?) please contact me in PM, or on Skype!

That's about it guys, reply below your opinions and whatnot below!

Also, please post if you have any interest in the project!

--

Matches will be 6v6, best of 5 (first to 3).

All needed are servers and possible live streamers.

--

TEAM COORDINATION THREAD [FIND YOUR LOCAL TEAM]: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/mcsg-world-cup-team-coordination-thread.58392/

Last edited:

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
I (possibly) could help you organize this. and my team could build the arenas. If this is a popular idea, I would love to help out. If you could organize the server, I can organize the teams, it would be great fun.

Alpha

Platinum
Reaction score
I (possibly) could help you organize this. and my team could build the arenas. If this is a popular idea, I would love to help out. If you could organize the server, I can organize the teams, it would be great fun.
I was think a Soccer/Football arena for the battles would be pretty neat! My (hopeful) idea was to make a thread for teams to apply!

Sarchikani

Platinum
Reaction score
Seems cool, one way around the lag is to play two matches, one at each location. Using your example, if it was Germany vs New York, then one server could be hosted in the Eastern US and the other in Europe. And one game played at each location. Then we can see which team won, if New York won game one 3-0 and Germany won game two 2-0, then New York would technically win. Just a thought. But apart from that it is a good idea as long as we can get around the fact that some teams will have a better connection.

Alpha

Platinum
Reaction score
Seems cool, one way around the lag is to play two matches, one at each location. Using your example, if it was Germany vs New York, then one server could be hosted in the Eastern US and the other in Europe. And one game played at each location. Then we can see which team won, if New York won game one 3-0 and Germany won game two 2-0, then New York would technically win. Just a thought. But apart from that it is a good idea as long as we can get around the fact that some teams will have a better connection.
It would be best if we played an away game and home game for each team. One of the challenges will be getting enough servers spreading as far as the teams do.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
If you can get servers, i shall create thread and orgainze teams if you like. And I think we should do like asia cup, North America cup, EU cup, and AU cup and the team winners will play for the "MCSG Cup"

Alpha

Platinum
Reaction score
If you can get servers, i shall create thread and orgainze teams if you like. And I think we should do like asia cup, North America cup, EU cup, and AU cup and the team winners will play for the "MCSG Cup"
My idea, when I could get concrete rules, was to make 2 threads; one for people to find which team they belong too, and one for actual applications and news. Organizing teams is something for the teams to do. :p

As for servers, I hope some charitable Europeans are up for me using their server. =3

As for different cups, that would take away the vibe of the large bracket and sort of complicate things.

Sarchikani

Platinum
Reaction score
It would be best if we played an away game and home game for each team. One of the challenges will be getting enough servers spreading as far as the teams do.
I guess we can try to split each region as much a possible. It would be unfair if we have a US server in Virginia, and a team is from the West coast. So the only alternative I see is to see how many teams we have and where they are from. And then try our best to get a server that is somewhat close to them. Gonna cost a lot of money.

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have a spare 1GB 24 slot server that you could use. It is hosted in America. I will find out the exact location.

Alpha

Platinum
Reaction score
I guess we can try to split each region as much a possible. It would be unfair if we have a US server in Virginia, and a team is from the West coast. So the only alternative I see is to see how many teams we have and where they are from. And then try our best to get a server that is somewhat close to them. Gonna cost a lot of money.
I wouldn't pay for any servers though. I have a server in the dead center of the US, plus people could donate their servers for a day or two; for example the quote under me.
I have a spare 1GB 24 slot server that you could use.
Thanks for helping out! Where is the server hosted; is there a lot of lag? Thanks for helping out with servers and all that!

flyon21

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Great idea. My event suggestion
Straight up Team vs Team Match
Dodgeball (With Bows) Shoot the other team until they are all dead.
Battledome
MCSG Match Straight up
Flint and Steelers. Each member of the team gets 4 flint and steels. Last team standing wins.
1v1s, They go in a order decided by captains. Say theres 5 members. Most wins per team wins.
Capture the flag, simple (Use a good plugin)
Sumotori, had too :p

Hope theres no hard feeling from yesterday
And could I lead Team North Carolina?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci