• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG's Darkest Hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
*IF there is a problem with this post, I will delete it*

For the first time on MCSG, I am afraid to speak out against anything. Therefore, I will not give my opinions on anything. I will only state what I believe to be true. I mean no harm whatsoever.
*IF I have said anything that is untrue, I will change it immediately*

Over the past couple of weeks, many new mods have been accepted into the staff. Most of these mods are relatively unknown. On the flip side, many mods have been demoted. (Resolve back to beginning *) I have heard plenty of rumors (tell me if I'm wrong) that quite a few mods have been accepted for no other reason than being in Team Elite. (Resolve back to beginning *)

Tironas11
The fact that people are scared to speak their opinion essentially summarizes everything. :/ Users, and even Moderators, should have every right to speak what's on their mind.​
KRaidium
Nobody is being punished for speaking their mind, and it would be greatly appreciated if people could stop assuming that.​
We would stop assuming that if the staff would actually tell the community about many of these dilemmas. Without the community, there is no staff. IF the community feels as though the staff is confiding things (stuff in general) from them, then there MUST be a miscommunication somewhere.

If the community feels something is a bad decision, then the staff should try to fix this. For instance, the community has been upset about a few of the demotions. If the community feels that they are a good mod but a select few staff members don't, then what should take precedence? I'll probably be told I'm wrong, though.

Players have been repeatedly and unfairly banned for things they haven't done. Recently, 4 different players receiving bans have been unbanned. Sources tell me that these players should not have been banned in the first place.

I feel as though these are some of MCSG's darkest hours. I'm hope nothing will happen to me because of my post, but I wanted to tell my side of story.
KRaidium
There is no need to be afraid to, as nobody will be punished as long as they do not break any rules.​
This is only my point of view. I know that people will have different points of views than I, and I look forward to seeing them. I am posting what I feel needs to be said. I pray that in these times, our community will hold together as strong as ever.

Thank you.

-CaptainJS

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
*IF there is a problem with this post, I will delete it*

For the first time on MCSG, I am afraid to speak out against anything. Therefore, I will not give my opinions on anything. I will only state what I believe to be true. I mean no harm whatsoever.
*IF I have said anything that is untrue, I will change it immediately*

Over the past couple of weeks, many new mods have been accepted into the staff. Most of these mods are relatively unknown. On the flip side, many mods have been demoted. (Resolve back to beginning *) I have heard plenty of rumors (tell me if I'm wrong) that quite a few mods have been accepted for no other reason than being in Team Elite. (Resolve back to beginning *)

We would stop assuming that if the staff would actually tell the community about many of these dilemmas. Without the community, there is no staff. IF the community feels as though the staff is confiding things (stuff in general) from them, then there MUST be a miscommunication somewhere.

If the community feels something is a bad decision, then the staff should try to fix this. For instance, the community has been upset about a few of the demotions. If the community feels that they are a good mod but a select few staff members don't, then what should take precedence? I'll probably be told I'm wrong, though.

Players have been repeatedly and unfairly banned for things they haven't done. Recently, 4 different players receiving bans have been unbanned. Sources tell me that these players should not have been banned in the first place.

On a side note, I was demoted a few weeks ago. I did not hack. I have the right to show my side of the story. Here is my appeal:

----------------------------------------------------------

It’s been a few weeks since I was demoted, but I wanted to cool down a bit before I appealed my demotion. If you don’t already know, I was demoted for something I said in the Moderator Skype chat and also a few posts I made on the forums. Those posts were deemed ‘immature’ and ‘unprofessional’. However, I feel as though it was a bit harsh and unfair to demote me for those things, and I’ll go into more detail about these.

First of all, the day after my interview was accepted, I was in a game with Blamph. I saw him type something and use all caps for ALIVE. After the game, in the Mod Chat I commented how I could have kicked him for using caps. Unfortunately, I was yelled at for trying to be funny by kicking someone famous (if I really thought he was famous, I would want to be in a video, right?). It’s not possible to put italics in Skype chat, so I couldn’t put emphasis on the word COULD. I said that I could have kicked him, not that I would have kicked him. I also didn’t actually kick him. I did indeed know that I had to give a warning for caps before kicking. Unfortunately, my comment got blown out of proportion.

Here’s the part that I don’t understand. When it was announced that I was demoted, they listed four posts I made (a MONTH before my application was accepted) that were deemed ‘unprofessional and immature’. If these posts were known about or looked at before my application was accepted, then why wasn’t my application denied in the first place? The fact of the matter is that they weren’t known about. Just because you find evidence doesn’t mean it’s right or fair to use it against someone after they’ve been promoted when it should have been looked through before. If you’ve worked hard to write an amazing application and have made it through your interview, then you should darn well receive a chance. If you were mature enough through your interview and application, then aren’t you mature enough to be a moderator?

In my opinion, the posts in question were not horrible enough to receive a demotion. The first one in question was a post I made about the craziest game of MCSG I had ever played. Yes, it was all caps, but take a look at the rules:
6. Do not use excessive caps: Excessive caps prioritize a person’s message over others, similar to spam, and is often viewed as screaming or shouting.

This was not in a game. This also was not prioritizing my post over someone else’s as it was the very first post in the thread. It was also not spam, as it was a post from my heart sharing my excitement about a game of MCSG.

The second post they pointed out was one about the very first time I participated in a huge team over skype. At the time, I was playing by myself mostly and had the opportunity to play in a team of 8 which I thought was pretty darn cool. I listed the members of the team (the ones that I could actually remember) and gave the team a name based upon the things that we discussed. I really wanted to play with these people again. Unfortunately, this was perceived as ‘spam’ and ‘unprofessional conduct’.

The third post that was listed was on the account username rating thread. I didn't do anything wrong with this post. It was just me messing around, like other moderators do:
Unoriginal? UNORIGINAL??!??!??!:mad: I'LL SHOW YOU UNORIGINAL! FEEL MY WRATH!!!.... :p
Matt_The Dreamer: Nice username. Totally original! :D 8.34/10

This post was absolutely harmless, but it has come back to bite me. The last post was deleted, and I don't remember it. Again, if there was a problem with these posts they should have been brought up before I was accepted. Just because they're found after the fact doesn't mean it's fair or right to bring it up then.

I would not have known that I was demoted had I not looked in the moderator chat from the night before. Nobody even told me personally.

I was told by two staff members that I would have made a great addition to the staff and they were sorry to hear I was demoted. I would have greatly helped the staff and improved the community the best I could. My main point is that I never did anything intentionally or maliciously to hurt the community and I possessed excitement for MCSG. Therefore, I graciously ask you to grant me a second chance, or allow me to apply again in a later point in time. My time with the staff, while short, was an amazing experience. Thank you for your time in reading this.

Sincerely,
CaptainJS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel as though these are some of MCSG's darkest hours. I'm hope nothing will happen to me because of my post, but I wanted to tell my side of story.

This is only my point of view. I know that people will have different points of views than I, and I look forward to seeing them. I am posting what I feel needs to be said. I pray that in these times, our community will hold together as strong as ever.

Thank you.

-CaptainJS
well there go your chances of mod xD
But, I love you!

qwErtyVAsdfghN

Diamond
Reaction score
I think that these arent the golden ages as some have expressed, however the fear of expressing oneself does not necessarily mean that these are mcsg's darkest hours either. I am really sorry that you got demoted, and personally, i think that they might have just had too many mods. But the demotion of mods arent the cause for dark hours either.

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
I think that these arent the golden ages as some have expressed, however the fear of expressing oneself does not necessarily mean that these are mcsg's darkest hours either. I am really sorry that you got demoted, and personally, i think that they might have just had too many mods. But the demotion of mods arent the cause for dark hours either.
It's probably the worst the community has gone through ever. Well, since the Hive was opened and people were threatening to leave. :/ (This is not advertising!)

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
This is a good post here and I'm glad someone is trying to be courageous and speak their mind. There should be no reason at all for people to be afraid to speak their mind, that is a huge problem that has been discussed many times.
Thank you. I fear that the staff will disagree... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci