• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Memory Loss... Only on these servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyNameIsSaar

Career
Reaction score
Well.. I'm new to this {first thread and all} and decided its time I involve myself with the community :D
Soooo I'm gonna rant :D I've been getting the 'all famous "Memory Loss"' problem lately, everythings installed, and everything is updated. I checked what version of java I have a million times over, and my render distance is always on the lowest. The reason I've come to complain here is simple, I only get it on the MineCraft Suvival Games servers.
I remember fixing this problem last time I was on this PC and tried to play, but now its come back, and hit me even harder.
I was hoping if someone stumbled upon this thread and knows what ive got to do to fix this, or maybe has an idea for what to try. I'm not on this computer often, so it's not a total loss if this computer is a lost case, just wish it were fixable.
Thanks a bunch for even reading <3
MyNameIsSaar

Vhaly

Experienced
Reaction score
Don't put your render on the lowest, it will be hard in-game to play, just put the graphics on fast. If you are running Minecraft with mods, uninstall them and play with the most vanilla Minecraft possible. You can install OptiFine if you want by the way. :D
If it doesn't work buy a new computer, or formats your PC, good luck. :D

schnikes

Career
Reaction score
Uhm, from what I've read you might need to check your RAM. People recommend at least 1GB of RAM to run MC, although I have a little less. I use Optifine with a Render: Short+16 distance, Fast Graphics, and uh lots of fancy options turned off. ;)

Alexducky

Survivor
Reaction score
Check your OS's System Monitor to see if anything is eating up a lot of ram, give a try to a newer and better version of java, if you have a 64 bit machine then get 64 bit Java7, you probably do have a 64 bit machine, because a 32-bit os doesn't allow anything more than 3gb of ram, except for Linux which has way better memory management.

Check in the .bat file and try with and without the -Xincgc option.

Obviously, re-install MC and java if you can, and give Optifine-MT a try. My game loads lightning fast and I never get out of mem errors, except when I'm doing crazy commands like /explode 50

MyNameIsSaar

Career
Reaction score
Check your OS's System Monitor to see if anything is eating up a lot of ram, give a try to a newer and better version of java, if you have a 64 bit machine then get 64 bit Java7, you probably do have a 64 bit machine, because a 32-bit os doesn't allow anything more than 3gb of ram, except for Linux which has way better memory management.

Check in the .bat file and try with and without the -Xincgc option.

Obviously, re-install MC and java if you can, and give Optifine-MT a try. My game loads lightning fast and I never get out of mem errors, except when I'm doing crazy commands like /explode 50
Haha.. uhm... 32-bit. tbh if i had money for a different computer i wouldnt be playing on this one. Already reinstalled both. I think this is quiet an old computer, which is why its quite bad, but the thing is I can run things on far {even with this 32-but computer} exept for these servers. I'm guessing its all the plug ins that drive this computer up the wall...

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
try installing optifine? Set in your settings advanced opengl to on? Idk just a few suggestions.

MyNameIsSaar

Career
Reaction score
try installing optifine? Set in your settings advanced opengl to on? Idk just a few suggestions.
thanks but ive tried that, im guessing that the computer is just a bust, but thats alright i dont spend much time at my dads house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci