• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Mentorships?

Jtk98765

Spectator
Reaction score
I have a measly 15 wins out of 170 games. I watch Lovelights and Grapeapplesauce with regularity but I still suck at PVP. Aside from merely reading tips and strategies I've already known or tried in this forum, would someone be willing to mentor me or help me improve through practice and/or verbal encouragement in the actual game?

If anyone's interested, PM me and we can exchange Skype/Oovoo usernames or whatnot. I've noticed it's quite a sight more difficult on these servers to get someone to team with you who isn't obsessed with ratios and whatnot who kill you the second you prove not useful anymore (for me, that's usually the second after I give them a diamond or something).

It's really discouraging having no friends on this server and I'd love to change that. :)

w0wmonkey

Career
Reaction score
I have a measly 15 wins out of 170 games. I watch Lovelights and Grapeapplesauce with regularity but I still suck at PVP. Aside from merely reading tips and strategies I've already known or tried in this forum, would someone be willing to mentor me or help me improve through practice and/or verbal encouragement in the actual game?

If anyone's interested, PM me and we can exchange Skype/Oovoo usernames or whatnot. I've noticed it's quite a sight more difficult on these servers to get someone to team with you who isn't obsessed with ratios and whatnot who kill you the second you prove not useful anymore (for me, that's usually the second after I give them a diamond or something).

It's really discouraging having no friends on this server and I'd love to change that. :)
I don't mind, only if you are from EU tho. If you are, add skype : wowmonkey123

Zarx238

Survivor
Reaction score
My tips for getting better at pvp are simply the act of practicing it. Over time, you naturally just get better and develop a second nature that you can tune into when pvping. Other things I would suggest is practice techniques such as using a fish-rod, strafing, and flint and steel use in a super flat world and practice said techniques on them. Another good tool I personally use is MCGamer's Battlegrounds as a way to work more with how to pvp other players. Hopefully some of these tips and practices help out! :D

Reaction score
I'd love to help but I'm only on their TeamSpeak, my skype is for personal uses or emergencies. But I do suggest playing on the battlegrounds server. It's really good practice and warms you up before you want to play a session of survival games. Hopefully your skills improve by doing this!
-Alexis

Jtk98765

Spectator
Reaction score
My mic doesn't work on the Teamspeak. :c

BTW is it okay to use normal FOV so you have more time to react when people are running at you? With quake pro people are like twenty blocks away and then suddenly in your face two seconds later.

RedMarzBarz_

Career
Reaction score
Change your FOV a bit to like 90 or 100.
Some people's eyes aren't used to the peripheral vision, and an FOV too high may hurt their eyes, not saying this was a bad suggestion; just saying that don't force yourself into using an FOV too high that may hurt your eyes, that's a tip from me. :) But great suggestion, Hodgey10. :)

Aside of that, try playing tactical in a team or understacked situation, maybe try going for cleanups or just running away if necessary.
These are the only suggestions I can you, anyway, happy PvPing all!

Jtk98765

Spectator
Reaction score
90 Fov is still hard to get used to. You hit people from what looks like 7 blocks away. :s

RedMarzBarz_

Career
Reaction score
90 Fov is still hard to get used to. You hit people from what looks like 7 blocks away. :s
Just don't force yourself into an FOV that you won't like or will hurt your eyes, use what suits you best. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci