• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Minecon Cape FRAUD!

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
Because of the HeartBleed Bug, your minecraft account and info associated with it is AT RISK!
HeartBleed.com

On skype, people have been sending me links to a website that prompts you to enter in your login to get a free minecon cape!

CLICK AT OWN RISK, but DO NOT ENTER YOUR INFO!:
http://minecon.support/freecape/?r12958

This is obviously 100% fake. If you don't want to click the link, here is what the site looks like in case you stumble upon it:

Looks legit, eh? But if you click the "Terms of Use" link at the bottom, it gives you a 404 error.
Furthermore, clicking the "Login" at the top right will result in this:

Entering in ANY INFO will result in this:

I did this with my real account info at first, but then wisened up and changed my password quickly.
The second time, I used fake info and the above screenshot was the result.

To be short;

THEY ARE TRYING TO STEAL YOUR ACCOUNT INFO! STAY AWAY!

CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD IMMEDIATELY!

Last edited:

TheParrot

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I got scammed too and figured it out the same way you did before reading this, and immediately changed my password,

Ali

Mockingjay
Reaction score
My goodness I've messed to much in 2 days.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
However, PM Captain. I'm taking that topic further.

To paraphrase my earlier sentiments in a more professional manner, no need to worry about anyone stealing my account info. I regularly circulate my passwords at uneven yet frequent intervals. After taking a class in bloody **encryption** , I know how to use protection.

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
This is called a java drive by. They're nasty little things, and generally work through phone devices also. This happens to be a pretty well done one.

I was sent this site through Skype today.

I suggest you remove the link to the actual site. If anyone has clicked on this one or any others like it, run a virus scan (though I doubt there is a keylogger/RAT on the site, since they usually require a forced installation of some sort), change your password the moment you boot the virus scan up, and also change the PW to your email/Skype. If you've actually been infected by anything from this site before, you can message me for more in depth help on removing a RAT/keylogger from your system.

AlgerWaterlow I don't think it's necessary to have too many different passwords, but it's nice to have a handful to choose between and switch out on a monthly - bi-monthly pattern. But to say you're absolutely safe/free from anything is what can get you caught. Almost all loggers and RATs are coded nowadays with crypters so the PC doesn't detect them upon installation (unless you have a newbie programmer testing theirs out). Once one of those are on your system, your entire PC is under the control of the person who originally sent it out, and they're awful to get rid of depending on the settings they coded that particular one with. They're nasty, and can literally be attached to anything nowadays -- whether it be a system .doc file, picture, or crypted link.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
*let's out very unmanly squeak and freakin' happy dance that Blamph tagged him in a post* EEEEEEEEEH! :D

Okay I'm done now. I just have really complicated passwords is all.

PROSKILLZ2

Survivor
Reaction score
This is called a java drive by. They're nasty little things, and generally work through phone devices also. This happens to be a pretty well done one.

I was sent this site through Skype today.

I suggest you remove the link to the actual site. If anyone has clicked on this one or any others like it, run a virus scan (though I doubt there is a keylogger/RAT on the site, since they usually require a forced installation of some sort), change your password the moment you boot the virus scan up, and also change the PW to your email/Skype. If you've actually been infected by anything from this site before, you can message me for more in depth help on removing a RAT/keylogger from your system.

AlgerWaterlow I don't think it's necessary to have too many different passwords, but it's nice to have a handful to choose between and switch out on a monthly - bi-monthly pattern. But to say you're absolutely safe/free from anything is what can get you caught. Almost all loggers and RATs are coded nowadays with crypters so the PC doesn't detect them upon installation (unless you have a newbie programmer testing theirs out). Once one of those are on your system, your entire PC is under the control of the person who originally sent it out, and they're awful to get rid of depending on the settings they coded that particular one with. They're nasty, and can literally be attached to anything nowadays -- whether it be a system .doc file, picture, or crypted link.
This is occuring on Hive too, people are getting sent fake Hive forum links to be moderator and getting a RAT/Keylogger on their computer

Reaction score
I dont see why you would get a minecon cape, without minecons, so I left the site...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci