• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Minecraft 1.6 is out - What do you want to see in Minecraft 1.7?

What do you want to see in Minecraft 1.7?

• New biomes and natural features

Votes: 33 71.7%
  • Redstone features

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • New mobs

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • New blocks and materials

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • Bacon

Votes: 22 47.8%
  • Old Spice uses Axe Body Spray

Votes: 17 37.0%

• Total voters

Unuxon

Career
Reaction score
Maybe trees called deadwood trees that are blackish, and a biome called deadlands biome.

*EDIT* Also the deadwood tress wouldn't have any leaves, and the hostile mob spawn rate would be very high and the passive mob spawn rate would be extremely low.

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I really want them to get rid of random crits.
or at least weaken them, because the current system is just awful. A crit from a diamond sword can deal up to 12 points of damage! Thats 6 hearts! In ONE hit! Even with iron armour on, thats still nearly half of my health gone in a single hit!

Reaction score
Swamp biome redone, better land formations including waterfalls linking to river networks as well as lush being built around said. Ocean biomes (which are being worked on) could have deep pits, ravines and trenches that nobody dares ventures to. Mobs; camels to work with horses and aquatic mobs such as fish, turtles, narwhals and aggresive mobs (possibly shark, or krackan boss). Underwater ores such as emeralds and rubies, underwater generated structures with treasure, traps, mobs and secrets. More water-related gear, spears and nets, boat-types.

Seriously, I think 1.7 should be the marine update.
Apparently they are planning of adding more underwater content since ocean biomes as they are now are pretty much useless and boring.

GavwavMCSG

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Probably a bit of everything that is in the poll. (Besides the body spray :p) So I'm not going to vote. :)

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
Now here is a spark to the conversation:

I'm at a freestyle skiing camp (yes, they do exist :p) and a friend that I just made up here told me something that sparked some interest:

He explored his minecraft.jar and saw textures and IDs for an item that is not in Minecraft:

Skis.

What makes this very interesting is that I also heard news a while ago from a youtuber that 1.5 was going to have a new biome full of pine trees, before the redstone update was announced at Minecon. What do you think of skis and a new biome being added to Minecraft?

Alloy

Experienced
Reaction score
I would like to see some new ores that overpower or possibly under-power diamonds. I would also like a fix in bugs. Overall the features that they saw seemed too good to be true that they didn't realise how buggy a brand new launcher would be.

Blake43215

Some guy
Reaction score
So many things to say, lets see if i can put it all in without having to REedit :p

1. A new biome. I don't care what it is, just add a new tree type, and some land formation that makes it special (jungle is different sized trees and vines, swamp is its addition of water and many lilypads, spruce forests have winter)
2. aquatic mobs. Again don't care what it is, Squids just are not ALL THAT anymore :p
3. Natural Formations. WATERFALLS AND VOLCANOES :3
4. New world. The end is well, the end. the Nether needs something to counter it. I say after a rainshower, there should be a short period of time when a Rainbow spawns(then despawns :p) and if you find where the rainbow touches down, you can climb it into mabye the Aether if anyone knows what that is.
5. MAKE EMERALDS USEFULL! give us armor and tools. the armor/tools can be the same as iron in value :3
6. More Ores. Add sapphires and rubies. Make armor and tools and make them the same as iron. this would be cool because Mojang left everyone a little disappointed in the dyed leather armor update :/

That's all I can think of for now. If I think of anything else I well add it in :3

luigiriot

Tribute
Reaction score
In all honesty, this is one and only one thing I want to see already, especially cause they had it in the 2.0 joke update.

Stained glass.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci