• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Minecraft Avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

shootingsignals

Survivor
Reaction score
I realise quite a number of people have been posting that they are looking to draw Minecraft avatars of other members, however, I made this post as I was hoping for some constructive criticism and feedback on some of the ones I have drawn.

I only began drawing in this style on Friday so I realise that they're not the best but - that is why I decided to make this post! I would be so grateful if anyone could help me out by giving me some tips on where I'm going wrong, how to improve, ect.

The backgrounds I am currently adding to the drawings are based heavily of Finn's ones as I love the simplistic but professional look they give and am currently struggling to draw full blown scenes to add to my drawings. I do however, plan to develop my own style of background in the near future as well as expanding my skills to hopefully draw some more complex ones.

I've added a couple of the avatars I've drawn so far below, I have draw some others but these are my favourite ones (if you want to see more I have a DeviantART with all of them - http://shootingsignals.deviantart.com/)

I have also done speedarts which I've added to my YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/signalsfly) as I love seeing others ways of drawing and feel I learn a lot so I suspect there are others like me out there just waiting to see them :3 I had some problems with getting the ratio right on my first 2 but I think I have sorted it out on my third (hopefully).

Thank you for reading this (rather long D: ) post and I would really appreciate any feedback!

- Signals

Ps. Here are the examples of my drawings (I apologize for the size but, it's the size I prefer drawing in) -

teije14.png

teije14

TnTCraft22.png

TnTCraft22

D

Dyon123

Your style of drawing is nice!
Can you maybe make a drawing of my skin?
My In game name is Dyon123
:D

Ikubi

Career
Reaction score
Do you use Photoshop, GIMP or something else? Your stuff looks great btw.

shootingsignals

Survivor
Reaction score
Do you use Photoshop, GIMP or something else? Your stuff looks great btw.
I use photoshop elements 9 as I got it free with my graphics tablet and I find it pretty easy to use, I've tried gimp in the past and do quite like it as well though. I'm looking to get one of the earlier versions of photoshop (CS3 or 4) in the near future though as I have been told by a friend they're fairly easy to use in comparison to the newer versions which are much more complex. And - thank you! :D

Ikubi

Career
Reaction score
My tablet came with a drawing program that is worse that mspaint.
Also you should tone down the pressure sensitivity of your tablet or the corresponding tool in ps. Some parts look quite wobbly. ;)

shootingsignals

Survivor
Reaction score
My tablet came with a drawing program that is worse that mspaint.
Also you should tone down the pressure sensitivity of your tablet or the corresponding tool in ps. Some parts look quite wobbly. ;)
Ah, I see what you mean! Thanks, I'll be catious of that in future drawings :D

Emperor970

Experienced
Reaction score
I really like your avatars! Could you please make me one! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members