• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Minecraft: Story Mode

How good do you think this game will be?

• Amazing

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Average

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Mediocre

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abysmal

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Walrus Warrior

Experienced
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Yesterday, Telltale Games released a video showing a new game they're making (titled Minecraft: Story Mode). I was just curious to see what you all think of it: do you think it will be fun, bad, etc.

For me personally, it just comes across as a cash-grab that uses the Minecraft title to rake in some quick bucks: a game that's more-so aimed for profit than anything else, but I might be wrong here. What do you all think?

Twee

District 13
Reaction score
OHMYGOODNESS THAT LOOKS AWESOME!

K

KiDD

Telltale.....making a Minecraft.....story mode? I don't even like the idea of it ;-; Don't know what they're trying to do, other than, as you suggested, profit.

Dank420

Experienced
Reaction score
it's going to be as bad as the fnaf movie lmao

telltale makes great games, but this game will be on the worst of 2015 lists

Rhymie

Tribute
Reaction score
I think it has potential if they make it co-op. It looks rather dull to play by on your own, from what I gathered from the trailer, but with friends, the way it appeared to be, it could be really fun. Regardless of if you can co-op or not, I probably won't play it, but it won't stop me from watching at least a couple videos from the Youtubers who are going to overhype it.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't know...I mean the reason why Minecraft got so popular in the first place is because of it being an open sand box, allowing players to do pretty much anything they want to. Restricting them to a story-line would just rid the game of the true Minecraft essence. It will probably be really popular on release and just fade out quickly once people realize the regular game is better.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
It does have potential, as an adventure map, but it seems to be using Minecraft as a cash grab platform thing, it's like when Metroid Federation Force was announced, it seemed like the game was tacked on with a Metroid title to get it more sales.

As some people have pointed out, restricting Minecraft to a story line is disastrous, because Minecraft was made, at it's core, and should be a block game, creativity, and such.

I feel that if this storyline type of thing was geared to people who enjoyed RPGs, not people who enjoy sandbox games, it would be a hit, but making the platform Minecraft, and the fact that it so far seems cheesed, I don't know how well it'll do.

I guess we'll see what happens when it comes out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci