• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff Misi's One Year as MCGamer Staff!

MisiLica

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

Today marks a significant point in my MCGamer career - and that is my one year as MCGamer Staff! I have met many amazing people, and above all else, have grown attached to many amazing people within the staff team, and also get to be apart of this great community!

I remember joining this community about three and a half years ago, where I was introduced to it by two of my IRL friends. We started playing and from then on, we got hooked. I then decided to become a staff member as I remember I wanted to help the community as much as I could, as I felt quite helpless without any staff ranks. So as a regular member, I tried to help as much as I could.

I remember my application process, even to this day. I wrote around 10 applications in total before receiving the rank. On my 7th or 8th one, I got to interview, though I was declined there, as I did terribly there and to this day still look back and think how much of a fool I was back then. The interview itself was led by Nephilim and Vanicle | Vanessa who were trial Sr.Moderators at the time, and unfortunately declined me. I took a month break to compose myself and to regain confidence before I re-applied again. After two more attempts, I am standing here today.

Now, I'd just like to say that anyone can become a staff member as long as you want to. If I can do it, anyone can. I know most of the staff team has passed their first interview, and with much less applications than I have posted. Nobody is perfect. I myself, make stupid mistakes within the staff team, whether they are noticed or not. If you want to get somewhere in life, and want to achieve it, you can. "Just keep swimming" as Dory says, or in this case, trying. The point I'm trying to get across is that if you really want to achieve something, you will have it in the end result.

Anyway, back to the topic, I felt like I was the happiest person alive when I got accepted. However, I was still not the moderator I am today. I remember I was quite shy and had no idea what to do. Everything was still new to me and I didn't know many people on the staff team. My first friend on the staff team actually was Giggums funnily enough. I remember he said he believed that I would pass this interview, and funnily enough, I did.

Fast forward a few days, I log onto the TS. Giggums was nowhere to be seen. Axanite | Liam started to talk to me. I remembered feeling a little nervous at the start, but I gradually warmed up to him, and we are basically great friends even to this day. Eventually, I actually started up my own event, which is still going on today (well, will be coming back), called the Staff Language Day. I remember working on it all night, by writing up a proposal, to running over it with Col_StaR and fine tuning it. Eventually we got it up and running and it turned out to be a great success.

Four months after, I was offered the position of Sr.Moderator. I had no idea this was going to happen, and I didn't even know I could make it this far. I remember CAmadeusA pulling myself, TotalDramaTony and Kraken up to a meeting room, and breaking the rules (a little trolling in the beginning of course). To this day, I will never forget that experience, and my trial buddies will always remain my friends. We are one of the only trial batches to still remain intact, which is quite a feat, and am quite thankful. Throughout my trial experience, I was very close to them, and to the other Sr.Moderators at the time.

Fast forward to today, and I still love my job. I cannot believe this many oppurtunities have been offered to me. I currently lead a few major programs/projects within the staff team, one of them being Mod Buddies, which was previously run by Kyle and co-run by myself. I am now in the Razzberries, which deals with HR stuff (Human Resources), and is what I am best at. My time at MCGamer has seriously molded me as a whole, and has improved my leadership skills, academic skills, writing skills and confidence. I would not be who I am today without this place.

Finally, as a message to the staff team - I will not be tagging anyone in particular. The people up above were included in my paragraph. Many of you guys have influenced me as a whole, and you guys know who you are. I love the staff team equally, and if I could, I would tag every single one of you guys. I know you guys were expecting tags. You guys are literally like my 2nd family, and I am truly grateful for this. You are all special in your own way, each with your own little traits. I hope I have demonstrated that I'm a dad, and that you guys can come to me for anything. I hope that this staff team will remain as it is now in the future - a close, hardworking team. Thank you guys so much, and remember, you guys are important to me.

Here's to another great year with you guys!

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score
Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary misi! Hoping to see you on the staff team for at least another year!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci