• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Moderating System

Do you agree with this system?

• Yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
people could be falsely banned because of moderator's inexperience towards some situations that should be left to more experienced senior moderators, who are the ones mainly meant to be checking reports / disputes.

if I've completely gotten what you're saying wrong, please do tell me so I don't start flame.
While that's partially true, all moderators that are doing reports are fully trained and should understand it well. Also, if a mod isn't 100% sure a user is hacking, they'll put it in our mod chat and some other, more experienced mods can give their opinions on it. As for disputes, no moderator can even view them. Sr Mods only are the ones that can accept and deny disputes, so nobody inexperienced in the staff team will be in that situation.
Adding on to this, a good amount of situations are left for Senior Staff review or confirmation of they are situations out of a regular moderator's hands.

As for the sharing reports, it's not only a common courtesy, but as Lively said, a way to prevent people from getting in the way of others' work. Either way, we have plenty of moderators and more than enough to handle these reports in a normal time frame.

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
Let me tell you a story, as I was staff when this rule started being discussed.

About two years ago, the sr. staff decided to create the Mod of the Meeting/Month program, to highlight moderators who went above and beyond their duties to help the server or Sr. Staff. As time progressed, the staff started to get it in their heads that by doing tons of work they could get the acknowledgment. Arguments started to erupt between staff members. One of the more notable arguments was between a staff member who was known for doing a large number of abuse reports. They'd empty the abuse report section, and that was alright. The argument arose when other moderators started to do abuse reports that the other mod hadn't gotten to yet. This mod exploded at them, telling them that they were stealing his report abuses. Eventually the argument was escelated to the Sr. Staff, and discussion soon started in regards to regulating the abuse report section.

Now you know some background regarding the Abuse report section. Do with it what you will.
Sounds like said staff needs to find himself a girl

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci