• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Moderator Applying Tips

Speech

Platinum
Reaction score
If your application gets declined then you can post again whenever you'd like to unless the Sr.Mod says to refrain from posting.Oh also I talked to a couple of moderators and a majority told me that there application was 1500-2000 words. Good luck :)
Mine was 2182 I believe

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
get to the top of the leaderboards or beat croe in a 1v1 and it moves you to pending automatically

Hey there,

I don't know if you have seen this or not, But the amazing Jodimo posted a thread on "How to write an amazing Moderator Application" It has some very useful tips! :)

http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/how-to-write-an-amazing-moderator-application.181806/

Goodluck and i hope to see you on the staff team in the near future! :)
if you read replies, you wold have seen that was mentioned in the second post.

iRocki

Career
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice iRocki
I will probably reapply next Monday, as I am going on a cruise Sunday!
If you applied, good luck!
Yes indeed I did apply on Tuesday but I have not gotten a reply yet. Have fun at your cruise :)

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
First of all: Set your priorities right. Acknowledge the fact that you don't have to be a Staff Member to help. Yes, you will not get recognition to be completely honest, but the recognition that matters is yours.

For either path you choose, there are universal guidelines:

Applying as a moderator without experience will not get you accepted. It doesn't has to be official experience, rather, on what you submit as your application, it has to show that you know what is it that you are talking about. MCGamer is not going to accept someone who doesn't knows the rules by heart —unless they're some eloquent mofo.

Get in-game, and be in The Hub for hours. Answer to the players' questions. However, never say you are a mod. If someone asks a question and there is no one to answer, introduce yourself with the following cue: "I am not a Moderator, but maybe I can help you?". That is how it should be, and that is the proper way of the so hideous and untolerated Mini-modding.

Talking about Mini-modding: Don't let a tag define you. Everyone, what may your position be has the same goal; to help. If you are taking initiative on things, do not get yourself bashed, and impose the rules on them, with the allegations of feeling harassed. However, for each side, Staff or not, patience should be a quality and arguments shouldn't be continued for the sake of not breaking any rules or ending with a bad reputation.

Grammar is universal.
Wherever you go, you will need to have good use of English. For those who are foreign, do not feel discouraged: Practice makes perfect. I myself am foreign, so I serve as the faith for those who wouldn't believe in themselves, if so you would prefer.

The red name isn't as big as we think it is.

It isn't. Despite the red tag shows recognition and validation and certainty of the rules or player support, still help players. If you can live without the recognition, or recognition coming from 3rd-party players, then you are a loyal and honest. But if you can't live, you shouldn't even be part of Staff. Why? Because if your "mighty" is going to come of a silly tag that comes and goes, then you should reevaluate yourself first instead of being selfless.

Being Staff isn't just a "Oh I'm gonna apply and hope to be accepted and answer to player reports", it is more than that. It is a path were you have to be psychologically prepared; and its the same for those who decided to not commit to the position and help through your own methods. People are mean, and that is what you should be prepared for. The coldest is the winner.

Oh and, not following the hierarchy of this article anymore, I will refute something some people believe: Does word count raises our chances of becoming staff? No, and will never. I was denied when I applied because of my age at the time, however my application was barely 600 words. Hope that serves as an example. Staff least's concern is age: they first review the application, then see whether they have the requirements asked beforehand applying.

That is my guide. That is what you should focus before applying or even when deciding to no longer apply for staff.

Last edited:

Speech

Platinum
Reaction score
First of all: Set your priorities right. Acknowledge the fact that you don't have to be a Staff Member to help. Yes, you will not get recognition to be completely honest, but the recognition that matters is yours.

For either path you choose, there are universal guidelines:

Applying as a moderator without experience will not get you accepted. It doesn't has to be official experience, rather, on, what you submit as your application, it has to show that you know what is it that you are talking about. MCGamer is not going to accept someone who doesn't knows the rules by heart —unless they're some eloquent mofo.

Get in-game, and be in The Hub for hours. Answer to the players' questions. However, never say you are a mod. If someone asks a question and there is no one to answer, introduce yourself with the following cue: "I am not a Moderator, but maybe I can help you?". That is how it should be, and that is the proper way of the so hideous and untolerated Mini-modding.

Talking about Mini-modding: Don't let a tag define you. Everyone, what may your position be has the same goal; to help. If you are taking initiative on things, do not get yourself bashed, and impose the rules on them, with the allegations of feeling harassed. However, for each side, Staff or not, patience should be a quality and arguments shouldn't be continued for the sake of not breaking any rules or ending with a bad reputation.

Grammar is universal.
Wherever you go, you will need to have good use of English. For those who are foreign, do not feel discouraged: Practice makes perfect. I myself am foreign, so I serve as the faith for those who wouldn't believe in themselves, if so you would prefer.

The red name isn't as big as we think it is.

It isn't. Despite the red tag shows recognition and validation and certainty of the rules or player support, still help players. If you can live without the recognition, or recognition coming from 3rd-party players, then you are a loyal and honest. But if you can't live, you shouldn't even be part of Staff. Why? Because if your "mighty" is going to come of a silly tag that comes and goes, then you should reevaluate yourself first instead of being selfless.

Being Staff isn't just a "Oh I'm gonna apply and hope to be accepted and answer to player reports", it is more than that. It is a path were you have to be psychologically prepared; and its the same for those who decided to not commit to the position and help through your own methods. People are mean, and that is what you should be prepared for. The coldest is the winner.

That is my guide. That is what you should focus before applying or even when deciding to no longer apply for staff.
This is amazing. When a player needs help and a mod isn't around I say "I can help you if you want" and if people ask me if I am mod I say I am not. The tag "mini-mod" is something I have. I don't care about the tag people don't understand you don't have to be a mod to help.

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
So, recently I was thinking about applying for Moderator.
Basically, I just want some tips. Yes, I know, Quality over Quantity.
Leave your tips down below! I hope I get to join you Staff members very soon.​
I'm no application expert, but here are a few tips:

• Ensure your capitalization, spelling & over-all grammar is perfect.
  • Proof read!
  • Have a LOT of information, explain things in depth, and don't leave the Sr Staff hanging on anything. :)
Best of luck with your application!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci