• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

-Moonlight Lake-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm not saying I like Moonlight Lake, I actually kind of hate it, but there really are almost too many chests. I just wish you weren't forced to climb up out of the bowl through that ring of trees while having three people trying to punch you to death as you go up and break your way through the leaves (this happens almost every match for me :p)

EricParazak

Tommy Wiseau
Reaction score
To be honest, I hate this map.
I have literally 0 ideas of why ANYONE would like it.

Sure, it's got a little creative in the cornucopia region with the parkour lily-pads, but there is nothing else. The cornucopia is a caldera that is so hard to scale it's unfunny. When you get out of the caldera, your left with approximately 4 chests, you got the lava one, the maze one, the meadow one, and the one next to the tree, and maybe a few other ones scattered about. The games are so short, they're shorter than even Gizmo and even then nothing ever happens. All that's happened in the creative department is a massive customary dome, some world edited caldera, and some trees and some punched out rivers.

I DON'T GET WHY IT'S ALWAYS VOTED.
AT LEAST BREEZE HAS CHESTS AND NICE LOOKING STRUCTURES.
Breeze Island is a million times better. Nuff said

teovald

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well this is my reply for this thread.
1: The map has No terraforming around corn, isn't that a requirement?
2:I thought there where some rules when it comes to size
3: The most poorly made structures i've seen.
The map would take up to 1 day for a REAL builder to make....
There are lots of other community maps that deserve to get in above that.
Take pirates bay for example. Dat university thingy. Treacherous heights.
See now? Moonlight fills NO requirements when it comes to the structure of the map.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
I'd have to agree.
For me, a good map is a map with either amazing PVP gameplay, or amazing buildings/structures. This map unfortunately, has none of those.
I don't think it will be removed anytime soon if, if it even is, and quite frankly I think there are maps around that need to be removed way more than this one

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Replace moonlight with valleyside, replace asia games with something, IDK, there are lot's of good maps out there that deserve to be put in, valleyside is actually IMO, a little under some maps in terms of how amazing it is, but right now it's so popular among those on the forums that it should be put in by popular demand.

The map would take up to 1 day for a REAL builder to make....

Take pirates bay for example. Dat university thingy. Treacherous heights.
  1. More like 3 hours :p
  2. Nightmare Park? D: Also that snowkrill thingy is pretty boss too.

xNeji8Palm

Tribute
Reaction score
Moon light lake is my favorite map out of l of them. There are plenty of chest hidden around and the trees surrounding the cornucopia makes for interesting combat.

MegaDani900

Career
Reaction score
stop :)
you shouldnt make a whole thread about your dislikes.. if everybody would make a thread about their dislikes .. well yea... but
first build such a good map like moonlight on your own then we can speak again ;)

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
If the community likes it, you'll just have to adapt. But, in your case, you may be lucky. I think.

Now, if you came in here saying you hated Breeze Island (which, I'm gonna assume you do, but that's not the map of hatred ATM), I'd make a bunch of points about how it's never getting removed. But, Moonlight Lake I've only played on one time, and I personally didn't care for it.

I think map removal is based on two things:

-If the community doesn't particularly care for it, or it's rarely played. I don't know how often this map is played, but in my eyes the map is almost never picked.

-Old maps may not fit too well. Maybe somebody may look back on it and say, "Wow, that map really sucked! Why'd we even add it?" Well, a more serious way to say this is that, maybe a map that looked cool back when it got added, isn't so fun and really doesn't fit with the game anymore.

The first option is a bit more likely, I don't know. I'm not a map-removal-expert. But, I will tell you this:

If the community likes it, you have to like it too. Cause trust me, you're gonna be playing it for a long time.
Its more played than asia games, insanity cause and most of the team variede maps.

My suggestion? Place a deathmatch arena some where up in the sky so we can have somewhat fair deathmatches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci