• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

More AU Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunnishone

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello,

I know it's been said before, but I'll say it again; AU needs more servers.

The reasons are quite obvious as to why we need more:

• I believe we have the least amount out of every region, we currently have 25.
  • The AU Community makes up a lot of the MCSG community. Obviously not as much as US and EU, but still a lot.
  • Because of this AU is probably the hardest region to win on. We have a lot of good players and they have to divide ourselves between only 25 servers.
  • The less servers the more hackers/better players in each game.
At this point I think that getting more AU Servers should be right up there in terms of priority. I'd personally prefer more servers be added than get regional leaderboards, but that's probably just me.

Thanks,
~ Gunnishone

Ninga

District 13
Reaction score
There has been so many threads for this.

Au servers are a lot more expensive than US, The au server databases are currently full and they trying to move things around to get some sg classic au servers out. Without donor it is quite easy to get into a game. We have lived without more for so long, and we still can.

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
More servers would be nice, but there just isn't enough people on AU at the moment sadly. Like I have said with Asia and I think the same applies for Australia, they need more marketing! I think it is just being taken for granted that they will be as popular as the US just because it is MCGamer, but it is a whole different community that needs to be developed and advertised more like US and EU.

Blake

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This has been suggested multiple times, and I don't see this happening any time soon.
  • I believe we have the least amount out of every region, we currently have 25.
Firstly, AS has the least with only 8. And even with only 25 I think it's perfectly fine. Games fill quickly for only around 2 hours a day, 3-4 on weekends. Back when AU only had 4 servers that were shared with AS it was still enough, now we have more than we need. Also, I don't see how the amount of servers would affect you greatly, you have perks that allow you to join games when they are full.

• The AU Community makes up a lot of the MCSG community. Obviously not as much as US and EU, but still a lot.
We really don't make up much of MCGamer community whatsoever, US and EU are far superior. Every time I join the US hub the tab list will be full, not during their peak hours either, while in AU the tab list may fill 3/4 during our peak hours. We may be more than AS, but that still is next to nothing in the proportion of things. But that still doesn't mean we should be ignored.

• Because of this AU is probably the hardest region to win on. We have a lot of good players and they have to divide ourselves between only 25 servers.
AU may be harder to win on because of the small server amounts but isn't that a good thing? MCSG would be boring if we were able to win the majority of our games easily. Competition is what makes the players better, so making more servers would probably lower the skill levels of players because it will become easier to win. Which wouldn't be fun at all.

• The less servers the more hackers/better players in each game.
Isn't that a good thing? It would make catching hackers much easier because they're noticed a lot more if there isn't many places for them to hide. And like I said before, more good players means more competition.

• At this point I think that getting more AU Servers should be right up there in terms of priority. I'd personally prefer more servers be added than get regional leaderboards, but that's probably just me.
i cri everytim

Also like Ninga said the price comes into account as well, and I'm sure you've probably heard this before on the forums, AU servers cost a lot of money which is something that can't be thrown away or else MCGamer will start to go downhill and Chad would have to start selling off servers to try and make up for losses. And we don't want that to happen.

wertea

Platinum
Reaction score
AU needs all da servers

In all seriousness no. We do not need anymore AU servers I have easily gotten me and two friends (who don't have a donator rank) on the servers in peak time.

Gunnishone

Platinum
Reaction score
This has been suggested multiple times, and I don't see this happening any time soon.

Firstly, AS has the least with only 8. And even with only 25 I think it's perfectly fine. Games fill quickly for only around 2 hours a day, 3-4 on weekends. Back when AU only had 4 servers that were shared with AS it was still enough, now we have more than we need. Also, I don't see how the amount of servers would affect you greatly, you have perks that allow you to join games when they are full.

We really don't make up much of MCGamer community whatsoever, US and EU are far superior. Every time I join the US hub the tab list will be full, not during their peak hours either, while in AU the tab list may fill 3/4 during our peak hours. We may be more than AS, but that still is next to nothing in the proportion of things. But that still doesn't mean we should be ignored.

AU may be harder to win on because of the small server amounts but isn't that a good thing? MCSG would be boring if we were able to win the majority of our games easily. Competition is what makes the players better, so making more servers would probably lower the skill levels of players because it will become easier to win. Which wouldn't be fun at all.

Isn't that a good thing? It would make catching hackers much easier because they're noticed a lot more if there isn't many places for them to hide. And like I said before, more good players means more competition.

i cri everytim

Also like Ninga said the price comes into account as well, and I'm sure you've probably heard this before on the forums, AU servers cost a lot of money which is something that can't be thrown away or else MCGamer will start to go downhill and Chad would have to start selling off servers to try and make up for losses. And we don't want that to happen.
Wo-wo, slow down there Blakey.

But good points everyone, I understand why we don't exactly need them because we don't have a ton of players, I just think it's something to think about. Plus, MCSG should try to get some more AU Players! Not exactly sure how we can do that, but promoting would be good.

Punchy_01

Experienced
Reaction score
Don't need more servers, just need server reliability. But ay, we are Australian, can't expect the Americans to care..

AMooseMan3

Platinum
Reaction score
1. US had 150 servers, but 100 of those max are used at any one time, they should be evenly distributed between CA and AS.

2. It's not always that easy to get into a game without donorship, lots of my friends complain about not being able to get in a game.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score

In all seriousness no. We do not need anymore AU servers I have easily gotten me and two friends (who don't have a donator rank) on the servers in peak time.
Congratulations you got a screenshot of AU server when everyone else was at school or something.. Try taking a screenshot in peak times. -.-

Also AS has the least servers.
;)
I wonder why..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci