• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

More Opportunities for Points

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Im not sure if i like this idea, because im in the same situation so i would love to have more chances of getting points but at the same time most of this ideas could be abused, maybe getting 5 points every day you log in to the servers? (that would make players want to join at leasto once every 24 hours, what would mean more players daily :D)

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
You couldn't do first kill of the day because there are different time zones. The only people able to have the first kill of the day would have to live in the same time zone as the regulators of MCSG.
as i clearly said every player can have a first kill of the day :rolleyes: so if I kill another player and it was the first player i killed in 24 hours i get an extra 10 points or so

Ass Kicka

Spectator
Reaction score
Daily login couldn't really be abused because you'd get 5 points a day and if you combine that with how many points people lose a day it won't get out of control. Plus, it would get a lot more people active on the site and in games.

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Right now, due to the lack of points in income, the bounty function isn't used that much. If people got more points, the more bounties would be set on people's heads, and the more exciting the games would become for tributes AND spectators.

That's just how I see it.

Poaji

Spectator
Reaction score
as i clearly said every player can have a first kill of the day :rolleyes: so if I kill another player and it was the first player i killed in 24 hours i get an extra 10 points or so
That's extremely complex software you're talking about, this is minecraft.

WaWaXD

Survivor
Reaction score
I think it's a good idea but maybe a bit hard to code :S

Robaire

Tribute
Reaction score
first kill for that person in the day :D also everybody has a 24 hour day so there should be no problem with timezones. Just to clarify everyone can get the first kill bonus as long as its there first kill of the day :D
that would be impossible to do, it would have to be based off of one time zone, probably eastern standard time

schiebie

Spectator
Reaction score
i think the idea, getting points, if u reach the deathmatch is a good idea, because no camper would wait for about 40 minutes to get some points after all o_O
and deathmatch would be more interisting, because more than 3 people would be fighting

WaWaXD

Survivor
Reaction score
i think the idea, getting points, if u reach the deathmatch is a good idea, because no camper would wait for about 40 minutes to get some points after all o_O
this would support campers, and I think no-one wants people to hide in a hole and prevent the deatmatch from starting

schiebie

Spectator
Reaction score
ok. i don't think there would be that much campers.
but u also could give -5 points for leaving the game oder comitting suicide, and give 5 points for reaching the deathmatch. so campers would have no cause to camp and the players who reach the deathmatch wouldn't lose points.
so deathmatch would become more interisting.

WaWaXD

Survivor
Reaction score
I do not really agree, I think you can give points for killing but not for leaving a game or reaching deadmatch (<-- not so camper proof) then you can gain points without doing a thing. You need to earn your points, not randomly get them awarded.

LuckyL10

Tribute
Reaction score
I think the point system is fine the only thing i dont like is that people wiht more points loose more points when they die... like i have something like 300 something points or 400 and i loose like 10 points a death! they should change that to where it depends on how much points the player that killed you has if someone has 100 or less points you loose 5 points if someone has 100-200 points you loose 6 and so on and people with over 1k points you loose 10

the only one i agree with is keezer1995's idea because u earn extra points for your first kill in 24 hours so if you logged on say... 10:00am and killed someone instead of earning however many points u usually get you get 5 extra points then at 10:00am the next day same thing it can also go for later than 10:00am or whatever time you logged on.

Hope this made sense (probably didn't)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci