• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

More ways to get points

What should we get points of?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrowHH

Tribute
Reaction score
I probably not the only one that have survived to the final 5 simply because I haven't found anyone, I had good gear an could probably kill a couple of people, but just because I didn't find anyone I lost a bunch of points when I got killed. To fix this I think that you should get points for:

Finding/crafting Iron gear
Getting to the deathmatch
Hurting someone (If he runs away)

Please give feedback/other suggestions for getting points.

SirCraftMine

Experienced
Reaction score
Couple of idea's:
- When you open a chest (only works once per chest) (low points)
- When you kill mobs (low points)
- When some1 else dies and you are still alive (low points)
- When getting to a very hard to get to chest. Like at the highest tower in the second map. (higher points)
-

Aeruner

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Couple of idea's:
- When you open a chest (only works once per chest) (low points)
- When you kill mobs (low points)
- When some1 else dies and you are still alive (low points)
- When getting to a very hard to get to chest. Like at the highest tower in the second map. (higher points)
-
Not really sure about getting points for mob kills. It could easily be abused and you'd have quite a few people with over 1000 points in no time.

SirCraftMine

Experienced
Reaction score
Not really sure about getting points for mob kills. It could easily be abused and you'd have quite a few people with over 1000 points in no time.
That's why it says in brackets behind it: Low points. So only like 1 point for each mob or something.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Finding/Crafting Iron gear is really easy, so it would be unfair to get points for it. Maybe for diamond gear, you could get like 1 point for sword, 2 points for helm/boots, 3-5 points for chest/pants.
I agree that getting to death match should give you points for your kills, but instead of getting the full amount, it gets split in half. So if you win, and say you got 5 kills for 4 points each, you get 20 points. If you win you get it all, but if you get to death match then you get half of it so 10.
Hurting someone if he runs away wouldn't work very well, because you could, say, punch him once, and get a point for it. That would be stupid because you can just get points for punching people at the start and pretend they ran away because you didn't hit them again, or they did run away and you didn't manage to hit again. It would also give extremely easy points for teams, because you could punch your team mate a couple times, let him heal, repeat. Then disconnect and you have a ton more points.

Yeah I agree SirCraftMine. I don't like the idea for different chests give different amounts of points based on the difficulty of finding it, but I like the 1 point per mob. 1 point per chest also wouldn't be very fair, because when you get a cluster of chests, or those chests in the pink house, that would be a lot of points. For the being alive when someone dies, that's an awful idea though. In 48 player servers, there are a lot of deaths right at the beginning and that would be way to easy to get points, even if it's 1 point per death. Maybe if you hit the person with any kind of weapon (sword, axe, fishing rod, bow) It gives you points according to how many hearts of damage you dealt to the person.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We are already making it that when you find hidden chests, you will get a point. However, that 1 chest will only give the points 1 time per game, so it will hopefully encourage you to explore the map more rather then just camping.

Chopper7775

Survivor
Reaction score
I don't think any of these would work, but it would be cool if there was something else you can get points for. You definitely shouldn't get points for another person dying and you being the 10th (example) person left alive or something. That would encourage those noobs that hide in a building with absolutely nothing to keep camping.

Toraqi

Tribute
Reaction score
You should get points for getting higher than 3rd, but there should really be something against camping too.

Malekii999

Tribute
Reaction score
You should get points for being in the top three. e.g. 10pts for first 5pts for second and 3pts for third. I've come second several times but have only lost points as i haven't killed anyone.

Chopper7775

Survivor
Reaction score
You should get points for being in the top three. e.g. 10pts for first 5pts for second and 3pts for third. I've come second several times but have only lost points as i haven't killed anyone.
Do you know how many noobs camp for eternity even when they're going to die anyways? This would only encourage that. Aeonic's system of taking away the amount of points subtracted from death by percentage and Killing/Dying is very balanced, though. Check it out: http://minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/balancing-points.2459/
I'll bet you like it more.

Aeruner

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
seems like a good idea but if you find the "Blaze" spawning room in the 2nd map you could keep spawning and hitting them cause they die automatically, giving you XP and
You can also get spider spawn eggs on the first map so that's a good 50-100 points right there if you have a safe spot to farm them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci