• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Mouse buttons as hotkeys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameOTron640

Tribute
Reaction score
So hey there everyone!
I had a question, I have a mouse which has 4 buttons on the side [its actually 9 but this thread is about the 4 in general]. I use those 4 buttons as my hotbar slot 6,7,8,z [9]. SO is this considered as any sort of macro? plz tell me if it's allowed or not cause it obviously just helps me to reach my hotbar slots faster for quick switches and stuff :D

~GameOTron

Tavukcuk

Survivor
Reaction score
it is allowed, as long as they don't do more than one action like switching to fns placing and switching back to sword

Cubiod

Spectator
Reaction score
I think they're allowed, pretty sure a big MCG youtuber, CreeperFarts used them.

charliewolves

Career
Reaction score
You are allowed to hotkey to your mouse you are NOT allowed to macro :). To clarify by what I mean as macro: To have Multiple actions tied to one key, for example:
ALLOWED:
Click 4 = Slot 4 Only

NOT ALLOWED:
Click 4 = FNS Place + Sword swing

I hope that helps :)
QA;TL

Axanite | Liam

Plate head.
Reaction score
Hey, just to clear up the above response to hopefully clear up any remaining concerns and/or confusions.

'Macros' are not allowed on the network, and a macro in the eyes of the staff is a button or a hotkey which allows you to press one key and perform more than one action (for example, press a mouse hotkey to switch to your flint & steel and then place it then back to your weapon). However, hotkeys in general are allowed if it only performs one action at a given time (for example, switching to another hotbar slot).

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact myself or another staff member. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci