• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Music Genres

Favourite Music Genre?

• Pop

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Rock

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Rap

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Metal

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Alternative

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Indie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chill

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Dubstep

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Electro

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • House

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
How is rap not music?
Here is basically my opinion. Rappers aren't musicians, they are just rappers. Its just talking in meter. You could call it poetry but there is nothing musical about rap. In general rappers cant even play a musical instrument very well. Rap should be a category on its own.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
cccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Sander

District 13
Reaction score
Here is basically my opinion. Rappers aren't musicians, they are just rappers. Its just talking in meter. You could call it poetry but there is nothing musical about rap. In general rappers cant even play a musical instrument very well. Rap should be a category on its own.
You're saying rap isn't music, yet your argument is saying rappers aren't musicians. That's like saying a great singer isn't a musician if they sing in a band, if they don't play any instruments, but you don't have to be playing any instruments to be a musician. Anyway, there are multiple examples of rappers who compose their own beats, a great example is Dr.Dre, a musical genius if you ask me

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
You're saying rap isn't music, yet your argument is saying rappers aren't musicians. That's like saying a great singer isn't a musician if they sing in a band, if they don't play any instruments, but you don't have to be playing any instruments to be a musician. Anyway, there are multiple examples of rappers who compose their own beats, a great example is Dr.Dre, a musical genius if you ask me
Talking to a beat isn't music. Putting a beat to poetry doesn't make it music. Some who sings alongside people who play instruments is very different from someone who talks to a beat. If someone just sings, they aren't musicians they are just singers. Someone who talks to a beat is very different from singing and playing a real musical instrument.
This
Is not the same as
This
Im not saying I like either one but one is clearly music and one is clearly not.

Reaction score
Talking to a beat isn't music. Putting a beat to poetry doesn't make it music. Some who sings alongside people who play instruments is very different from someone who talks to a beat. If someone just sings, they aren't musicians they are just singers. Someone who talks to a beat is very different from singing and playing a real musical instrument.
This
Is not the same as
This
Im not saying I like either one but one is clearly music and one is clearly not.
Music is an art form whose medium is sound. Just because a rap can't be written out on a stave doesn't mean it's not music. Music from some other cultures uses notes of frequencies outside of what is used music from western cultures, but that doesn't mean it isn't music. Your criticism of rap is essentially that it isn't melodic, but by that logic neither percussion nor noise/industrial music are music either. The basic questions to ask when considering if something is music or not are:

1. Is its medium sound?

2. Is it artful?

The first question is easily answered in all cases. Rappers use rhythm, flow, pitch and intonation in their delivery, and their lyrics can contain an endless list of devices that aid the communication of their message. So we can answer the second question with a resounding 'yes' too!

Go listen to To Pimp A Butterfly and tell me it's not music. Get with the times 8)

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Some who sings alongside people who play instruments is very different from someone who talks to a beat. If someone just sings, they aren't musicians they are just singers.
Are you saying choir is not music since according to you they would be just singers?

Also to thread, where is funk, classical, jazz?

Sliabh

Career
Reaction score
Im not even going to bother with you morons. It was a nice conversation until you brought up the uncalled-for autism and inbreeding jokes. We cant even have a civilized conversation. You should really get a life. Im done.
I am really sorry for being rude and uncivilized in a minecraft forum

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Im not even going to bother with you morons. It was a nice conversation until you brought up the uncalled-for autism and inbreeding jokes. We cant even have a civilized conversation. You should really get a life. Im done.
Ryan respond to me I haven't been hostile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci