• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

/muteall and /ignore

ImProfuse

Survivor
Reaction score
It would be really beneficial to have a command such as /muteall for those who have to deal with annoying remarks such as "ez" or "rekt" because it can be quite de-motivating and frustrating for some players to see someone type something like that after they kill you. After all, those phrases are only used to antagonize other players when they die.

Although, /muteall would not affect Staff+ in the case they're making some sort of announcement or are giving you warnings if you're breaking a rule. You would be able to type /muteall again or /unmuteall to unmute everyone.

Also, a /ignore command would work for those who only want to mute certain people and not everyone and would not affect Staff.

I can't think of any reason not to add these two commands in-game to be honest. It's a win win situation for the staff and the regular players, the staff don't want to ban players for saying those phrases so adding the /muteall command makes it so players will not have to need to deal with those remarks without removing those players saying those things from the Network.

Feel free to add any suggestions to improve this idea and I don't take credit for this idea as I've got this from seeing other servers have these sort of commands and I would assume others on the forums have requested for there to be a /ignore command as well. :)

Yozy_XD

Diamond
Reaction score
Sounds good, but there a few loop holes.

ImProfuse

Survivor
Reaction score
./ignore (Name) could cause a potential arguments.
If I ignored someone how could that get me into an argument with them when I can't see what they're saying to me?

If you mean I could type something like, "Hey everyone, type /ignore <name>!" I could see where you're coming from but then again, why would someone listen to me unless that person was actually doing something wrong?

Yozy_XD

Diamond
Reaction score
If I ignored someone how could that get me into an argument with them when I can't see what they're saying to me?

If you mean I could type something like, "Hey everyone, type /ignore <name>!" I could see where you're coming from but then again, why would someone listen to me unless that person was actually doing something wrong?
Okay so what I mean is, when people say "Target (whoever)" it gets annoying. So people saying "Mute (whoever) repetitively is just as annoying.

ImProfuse

Survivor
Reaction score
Okay so what I mean is, when people say "Target (whoever)" it gets annoying. So people saying "Mute (whoever) repetitively is just as annoying.
I suppose that could happen, however, I have never seen other servers have that issue.

Kreix

Experienced
Reaction score
Or you could ignore them or turn chat off idiot head

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci