• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Well, everything just.. slowed down. It happened around noon yesterday. Everything just slowed down. Minecraft is down to 25 FPS, typing this there is a dely by about 3 seconds... Opening web pages is slow, refreshing things. My internet is fine, its just slow ._.

I have an HP Pavillion G6, 6gb of ram.

Halp >.<

I'll try running a computer scan, could be a virus.

yes I have turned of off any on again.

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
Well, everything just.. slowed down. It happened around noon yesterday. Everything just slowed down. Minecraft is down to 25 FPS, typing this there is a dely by about 3 seconds... Opening web pages is slow, refreshing things. My internet is fine, its just slow ._.

Halp >.<

That really stinks... D:

Hope your computer gets fixed! ^_^

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Try some free computer and virus scanners, update any software that could be essential like java, and I hope you get it fixed! :C

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Try some free computer and virus scanners, update any software that could be essential like java, and I hope you get it fixed! :C
Updated java, (not reinstalling MC though, too much stuff)

I've come to the conclusion I am uploading my important files to mediafire, then formatting my computer. I'll download and install the programs after.

Just want to keep my Code and stuff safe.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score

Halp >.<

Lol you just pretty much described my computer :p

Im planning on cleaning mine up, since its been woking like this for a while already. Maybe you sohuld backup the stuff you dont want to lose, and do the same. I dont know though, It might not be as bad of a problem as mine.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Lol you just pretty much described my computer :p

Im planning on cleaning mine up, since its been woking like this for a while already. Maybe you sohuld backup the stuff you dont want to lose, and do the same. I dont know though, It might not be as bad of a problem as mine.
Updated java, (not reinstalling MC though, too much stuff)

I've come to the conclusion I am uploading my important files to mediafire, then formatting my computer. I'll download and install the programs after.

Just want to keep my Code and stuff safe.

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
Use malwarebyes and avg free version to find and get rid of any harmful stuff. Also have you tried restarting your cpu and running diagnostics?

firedawg248

Tribute
Reaction score
What version of windows are you using?

If you computer came preinstalled with Windows 8, you might have been prompted to update to windows 8.1. If that is the case, you have installed a whole new operating system on your computer, and this operating system has had so many changes, that your processor might not be able to run the system fluently.

Also, if you believe that you don't have a virus, then you might have a harddrive failure. This could be caused by full harddisk space, or can be caused by corrupted files. You might wanna do a check disk to make sure anything isn't corrupt.

If that still doesn't work, then maybe try defragging your computer. Look on youtube on how to defrag your computer.

I hope this worked for you! :)

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Figured it out!

I dropped my laptop bag, and the fan got stuck, causing it to over heat. It fixed itself, and is working again! Thanks for the options, I'll keep them for later use!

firedawg248

Tribute
Reaction score
No problem!!!

Yeah, sometimes people will not notice that there computer is over heating.
Be careful with that though, it could burn some very important things like rubber parts that keep things stuck to one another, or burn hardware.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci