• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My dream Survival Games

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Most of my friends know that I left MCSG because I disliked the new PvP aspect it got.
But there is some other reasons. This thread is not created because I want you to change anything, it is just to give out my opinion on some things.
The reason I originally chose MCSG and not any of the other Survival Games servers, was because this had a lot more of a survival aspect than most of the other ones. Really many of the server either had no plugins or some kit PvP thing.
I understand that most of the things MCSG has done is to remove lag and get people happy, and I know this is just my personal opinion.
First, the maps. I love the first three first maps because they were big, so it was a lot of places to explore. Also, most of the terrain in map 1 and 3 and the streets of map 2 has small variation, so it was easy to get lost. You probably think "Why is it fun to get lost?" Because it gave the games a survival aspect. Lots of the newer map is too beginner friendly, and too much PvP based.
Remember this is just a look back on MCSG to get a view on my dream survival games!
Another thing MCSG changed, was the food. It just got too easy to get food... And lets go to the mobs.

Pros about mobs:
Brings a lot of survival aspect!

Cons about mobs:
Some lag...

Both:
Ruins PvP.
Really annoying without gear.

And then you ask: "Why is it good in some way that it ruins PvP and is annoying without gear?"
I say, because my dream survival games would not be focused on PvP, and then you remove some of the players which will be so annoying to find in big maps. I would even put in something that makes mobs and other things to spawn near you if you hide/camp too long.
It should be more unfair terrain to fight in than fair terrain I think as that would put strategy a bigger skill than who can click fastest.
Also, all the maps would have a lot of traps, instead of having good weapons.
Fishing and exploring for mushrooms would be a very important aspect of the game, with limited food. I also would just put sticks and blocks (not placeable of course) so you have to craft, instead of just finding weapons.
Also, string would be a bit rare, so you would have to kill spiders!
Wood and stone weapons would be the most used weapons, as I would make iron only obtainable in cornucopia, and that would be a dangerous place to be as the timer for spawning mobs and other disasters would be a lot smaller there.
Also, to stop fist fighting, you will get hurt if you punch enough times. You have to be tactical.
And just to say, I think it is good to fill chests will crap, as you then will either have to do inventory management, or be more careful of what you take.
Here is a list of improvements. Please tell me if I forgot something I wrote.

Maps
- Larger maps for more exploring
- Less variation so it is easier to get lost
-More unfair terrain.
-Lots of traps, to balance the lack of weapons.
-Use them strategically.
-Water, because it adds some more strategy in the game.
-Enchanting tables!

Food
- Less food so you have to fish, kill animals or explore for mushrooms more often.
- Cook it with coal.
-All food found outside corn is raw

Mobs
- Mob spawning on
- Mobs and disasters when camping
-More common at cornucopia.
-Enable mob loot
-Maybe even some custom loot if it is possible?
-Exp for enchanting

PvP
-You will get hurt if you fist too much.

Items
- Get leather, gold ingots, sticks and wood/stone blocks instead of armors and weaponry so you have to craft them.
-But string would be uncommon so you have to kill spiders.
-Fishing rods and bowls will be rare, so you will often have to find them.
-You can find leather armor, but rare.
-Iron ingots is only available at cornucopia.
-Arrows will not be so rare, but enough for making flint and feathers more useful.
-Stone and wood blocks will be available.
-But not placeable.
-Torches can be found and placed/broken.
-Uncommon.
-Craftable with coal.
-More crap in chests

Edit: Added some new features on the list, but not to the text. Thanks to @teovald to remind me of some things!

Last edited:

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree with the survival aspect part, and personally loved getting lost on a random island in SG1

Serventor

Survivor
Reaction score
To be honest, I play a lot on the ArmadaCraft server (CaptainSparklez' Hunger Games server). They use different modes for their Hunger Games. I think MCSG should do it like this, but not their actual modes such as "Power".

I'm talking about only 2 modes, Survival and Combat. Survival would have bigger maps that are not so PvP-based such as SG1 - SG3, Hungry Hills, Fortress Pyke, Overgrown Arena etc. The chest spawns would be more scarce, less food, no tiers (rarely have something tier 2 spawned, or maybe different). Also, maybe the 60 minute forced deathmatch. This might take too long for some people, yes. But it would give the whole feel to it. However, I do not support the 2-person deathmatch, 3 players can make the player with the disadvantage win too.

The Combat mode could have smaller more PvP-based maps. SG4, SG Highway, Valleyside University, Breeze Island, Holiday Resort etc... This could have the same spawns as we currently have and wouldn't change as much as from right now.

I just thought of these ideas. I do know that it is a lot of work to implement, since there are already around 150 - 200 servers on the hubs which are supposed to be 1 game mode. It's hard work, but some of the community (mainly the from the forums) would really appreciate that.

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
These are some good ideas ya got :) I always liked @BlueMoonP s idea of giving spawned armor/weapons durability, so there's an actual point of keeping armor. That kinda adds to your invenoty management part :)

Assasinator25

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Also in MCSGV3 there are reducing the food in chests i believe and combining iteems from V1 with V2 and The Map Committee is going to start judging maps and adding them!(Hint:Vida Cova)

Sir Royal

Experienced
Reaction score
I agree with you on alot of parts on this thread, and to address your issue with the new forum I believe you can change it back the old way somewhere in your settings.

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I agree with you on alot of parts on this thread, and to address your issue with the new forum I believe you can change it back the old way somewhere in your settings.
But it is buggy and don't work well.

Also in MCSGV3 there are reducing the food in chests i believe and combining iteems from V1 with V2 and The Map Committee is going to start judging maps and adding them!(Hint:Vida Cova)
Maybe I will try out MCSGV3 when it comes.
And I don't know any of the new maps as I have not been much on the forums in the last months.

teovald

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Wow, i'm impressed zuko! I didn't know the exact reason why you left, but then it hit me! It is the very exact reason i have too! I belonged to the community who liked survival games. Not just basic pvp.

The win hoarding is waaaaayyy out of control. Just look at the top leaderboards. I used to be a top player, and i have sunk into like the 2nd page (i know it doesn't sound so bad) and everyone who has come before me has over 1000 more games played in total.

I don't know if they are working on it, but monthly leaderboards would really help out a lot on fixing the win hoarding issue.

@zukodark i didn't know you where interested in mobs, and i agree with you on most of what you had to say about them. But i think they are a part of pvp. Ever tried luring your enemies into skeletons and creepers? Creepers could save your life if you where running away from someone.

Did i mention that mobs also where fun because it could pay of fighting them? You gained xp, which seems impossible nowadays (unless you got a friend). And barely even then! 2 xp bottles isn't even enough to give you level 1! .-.

Mobs had another payoff too! They could drop stuff, enchanted or just normal? Anyone here remember getting your first enchanted bow from a skeleton? Or that iron sword from that zombie on sg2? At least i do for sure.
They where also a huge part of the survival aspect. R.i.P monsters...

I haven't got into conflict with any moderators for a while, but that is probably because i haven't been playing.
At the moment i am not even active on the forums. When i was playing i earned 6 unfair bans for hacks. I won't discuss this matter any further.

Now the maps, i am sorry to say this people (especially you map makers) but almost every map nowadays is a desolate small place stuffed with tier II's. Not even fun. When it comes to terraforming most maps are completely flat. Making survival much less interesting.

I know water chases aren't that fun, but it's a part of the game. And large water masses adds a form of survival too. I don't think a map should get hate for having a natural element in it.
I admit there are SOME maps that fill the standards in my opinions. (vareide and teweran, icarus and redforest ( at least at treacherous heights) and some others).

I am not even gonna talk about the breeze's. But the original is not that bad. It has just gotten alot of hate for the water i meantioned previously. It where a fun map which i personally enjoyed.

I haven't noticed much about hackers really. Except for those who get called hackers and banned for it wrongfully.
; - ;

Now let's talk about the plugin in general: You can't walk anywhere without finding enough food for an entire game. In my opinion that is like removing survival even more! o_O

My conclusion is: No survival, only cheap pvp against fanboys and win hoarders. The pvp has gone dull too. All the fun players to play against now are gone or just not the same.

Mcsg where have you gone? I miss you! D:

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
@teovald I agree with you on all of that, I would write that in the post if I had more time when I created it!

teovald

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah. no problem. Except ingame mcsg. And that's a quite large one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci