• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My Dwindling List of Suggestions (Bring Back Creative and Survival + More)

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
As I wrote in my last thread, MCGamer has made many momentous changes in the recent past. With the many changes the network has had, my list of suggestions has been reduced, almost dividing completely in size within the past couple of months. Regardless of those changes, I do have a few more suggestions for people to take into account. Those are listed below, in general order of importance.

Bring back creative.
When I first joined the network almost two years ago, creative was a big deal. People would build on their plots, share their builds, and then build more. At times, creative had 150 people on at once. That was at a time where most the time there was 2,000 or less people on at any given time. Now, with those recent changes mentioned above, there has been 3,000+ people on practically all the time. With that ratio, creative would have over 225 people on often. A return of creative would spark new interest in it, and thus raising the amount of people on the network.

I understand the work it takes to manage creative--I worked hard at it and witnessed first hand what razz did everyday. I understand that it means another server. And I understand it would require the developers doing more work on top of their already long list. It's all worth it in the long run. The advantages are innumerable: more people, new interest in building, more premium donor perks, and more of the very thing people come onto the network for--enjoyment. With those advantages, the hard work is all worth it.

Bring back survival (factions).
Though I never was on survival here on MCGamer, there has been multiple threads suggesting it's return. I've seen what people want, and I've heard the issues with it. After taking a long hard look at those two things I've come to the conclusion that bringing back survival/factions would be another huge boost to the network.

Fighting and drama was a huge concern back in late 2013 and early 2014. That's why it was shut down. Furthermore, people were having their friendships ruined through a game. There is a solution to that problem now: more moderation. Back during those times, MCGamer's staff team was not particularly large. Now, nonetheless, the staff team is rather large in size. With more moderators and less work due to the recent anti-cheat update, moderation in survival would be effective.

If survival did in fact make a return, people could stay on one network to do everything they wanted: survival games, creative, factions, and more. People could also built relationships within their factions and thus it could bring the community together in certain aspects. Moreover, there would once again be more premium ideas. More people wanting premium perks would mean more people buying those perks, leading to an increase in profit by MCGamer and more cash to make improvements in other areas of the network. Overall, adding survival would be advantageous for every aspect of the MCGamer community.

Change warning to kicks OR add a warn option that is logged in Xime.
Personally, I spend a fairly large amount of time in the hubs jumping around having conversations with other members of the community. Often I find it that within 5 minutes someone is their spamming for a clan battle or just spamming to be annoying. It becomes aggravating when moderators have to constantly warn different users for doing the same thing within the same ten minute period. (For example, one person will say "clan battle!!!! join ts.123123.net!" multiple times and then a moderator will say something along the lines of "please don't spam." Soon after, another use from the same clan will say it again, provoking more and more warnings to be issued.) On top of that, users will spam until they're warned, wait for about ten minutes when different moderators are there, and spam again. Because warnings aren't registered on Xime, new moderators in the hub don't realize that a person was warned.

If a user was kicked, then it would register on a user's Xime page. Every other moderator who saw that user spamming would know and thus the user would be punished more properly. The downfall of this is that user's would be forced off of the network for minor offenses like spamming or chat flooding. A solution to that: a warning system. Moderators could use /warn (user) (reason) and then a message stating the warning would appear to only that user. The warning would register to a user's Xime page and then another moderator could later see that it is time for a 1 hour mute instead of another warning.

Held desk for everyone--not just VIP's.
Unfortunately, after a long time of having the "VIP Help Desk" channel, community members haven't realized that this is a clear representation of unfair treatment between normal members and VIP's. Though it is sparsely used, I believe that it would be more productive to have 1 simple help desk and 1 clan issue help desk. Members, regardless of rank, could enter the help desk and then readily available moderators could move them (one by one) up to a meeting room for assistance. Those with clan-related issues could be recognized by clan staff and moved into a meeting room to discuss their issue with people who specialize in clan types of problems.

If you have anything else you feel should be added, let me know below and I'll consider adding it. Also, let me know what you think of the things already posted up here.

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree with all of these and I really hope they are considered by the staff. Countless times I've found myself leaving mcgamer to go play survival or to build but I would prefer to stay on where I know people and I know the server...(I actually rarely play mcsg and standing in the hub is pretty boring)

Also I would like to see a new, larger hub with more areas to explore and a MUCH harder parkour in an area where you can't /fly

Another thing is a radio channel on teamspeak.. Liked that a lot, don't know why they removed it though

Mirko

Quantum
Reaction score
This is the why I love you so much since the day I saw you for the first time, a survival server would be awesome ^.^

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score
I think factions and creative will definitely draw more players to the servers again. I would like to see this happen. The question is can we? *messages an admin*

iRocki

Career
Reaction score
Already being reviewing by Admins as seen above. Thanks for making this thread :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci