• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My Inventory was cleared!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xSOULxRAGEx

Survivor
Reaction score
Ok, I started off in the game, in eu18 (Dont ask me why I was playing on eu servers) and I got a stone sword in a chest with a steak, a golden apple, and an Golden Chestplate and all of a sudden, Some guy and his buddies started punching me, when I was hitting a guy like 8 times (counted) and he didnt die so I was punched down to half a heart. I ran away to eat my golden apple then all of a sudden, I opened a chest and closed it and all my stuff was gone! I opened it again and my items weren't there. What happend!

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It happened before 1.3.1 bart.

Somebody probably got that chest before you.

Your client believes you got the items so it displays them.

But you cannot use them, move them, nor equip them.

And when you open a chest the server updates your client telling it that you didn't get the items.

:3

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It happened before 1.3.1 bart.

Somebody probably got that chest before you.

Your client believes you got the items so it displays them.

But you cannot use them, move them, nor equip them.

And when you open a chest the server updates your client telling it that you didn't get the items.

:3
not there appears to be a new bug that will let you lose all your items when you look into a chest. The bug that you mean isn't really a bug, that is just lag.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
not there appears to be a new bug that will let you lose all your items when you look into a chest. The bug that you mean isn't really a bug, that is just lag.
It is a bug, it isn't lag. Lag is what causes the bug.

I don't think you've ever experienced the glitch before the update, but it did happen. There isn't a new one it's the same one, when you open a chest it updates your clients inventory so it resets any mistakes.

Edit: Like he said, he hit the guy with the sword over 8 times and it didn't kill him, like it was punching him. Which supports the fact that he didn't have the items in the first place.

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It is a bug, it isn't lag. Lag is what causes the bug.

I don't think you've ever experienced the glitch before the update, but it did happen. There isn't a new one it's the same one, when you open a chest it updates your clients inventory so it resets any mistakes.
nope it also happends when there is no1 arround. Also it is just lag. A bug is a mistake in the programming. That thing that you call a bug is not a mistake in the programming of the survival games plugins. It just happends when the server can't keep it up with the client of the players. For example you click on an item in the chest and you client sends a signal to the server that you took it but if someone took it before that signal that went from the client to the server returns to all other players the client will place the item in the inventory of the players who both took it. That is impossible so the server returns the item from the player who's signal game in last. This "bug" can probably be fixed by mojang but I am not sure, I think if they try to fix it, it will cause alot of lag when taking items because than you could make it that you would send a signal to the server than when the servers sends a signal back the item gets placed in your inventory.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
nope it also happends when there is no1 arround. Also it is just lag. A bug is a mistake in the programming. That thing that you call a bug is not a mistake in the programming of the survival games plugins. It just happends when the server can't keep it up with the client of the players. For example you click on an item in the chest and you client sends a signal to the server that you took it but if someone took it before that signal that went from the client to the server returns to all other players the client will place the item in the inventory of the players who both took it. That is impossible so the server returns the item from the player who's signal game in last. This "bug" can probably be fixed by mojang but I am not sure, I think if they try to fix it, it will cause alot of lag when taking items because than you could make it that you would send a signal to the server than when the servers sends a signal back the item gets placed in your inventory.
So you're saying that items temporarily showing in players inventories when they really were not, was intended by the developers? It's a bug.

Also, there is the possibility of the inventory tweak blocking program lagging the items back into the chest if no-one was there. It does not always show in chat, but my best bet is someone else opened the chest, if you were at cornucopia, and it lagged back.

The glitch he is talking about is not new, it's exactly how items lagging back would work, and that's always happened before the update

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So you're saying that items temporarily showing in players inventories when they really were not, was intended by the developers? It's a bug.

Also, there is the possibility of the inventory tweak blocking program lagging the items back into the chest if no-one was there. It does not always show in chat, but my best bet is someone else opened the chest, if you were at cornucopia, and it lagged back.
I never had the problem but I heared a lot of people saying that there was no1 close to them and the items still got teleported back.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I never had the problem but I heared a lot of people saying that there was no1 close to them and the items still got teleported back.
Still, the answer probably revolves around the inventory tweak blocker, and when they open another chest they revert back from your inventory to the old chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci