• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff My long overdue resignation letter

Reaction score
Hey guys! Sorry for waiting so long to post this. As some of you may know, I was a mod on this server for about 9 months. To be honest, I was more excited than I should’ve been becoming a moderator on a minecraft server. It seemed like the most fun and exciting thing ever and I was truly happy when I got to be one. Of course, I don’t regret my time at mcgamer because I met wonderful people whom I wouldn’t give up for anything but there were some problems I faced which led to me resigning. I won’t be going into much detail on the exact reason I decided to resign but just enough to give you all insight as to what happened.

I was a moderator twice; I resigned the first time due to school, which having to deal with moderator issues just became too much for me and also because two very awesome people resigned. I reapplied and became a moderator again later but after I came back, I felt like everything was different. My old friends had all left by that point and I just felt out of place. By December, I was in a bad place. Christmas used to always be my favorite time of year where I didn’t have to go to school, I didn’t have to do chores or homework or anything but eat cookies and spend time with my grandmother. Then I figure out something from my sister; apparently my grandmother is extremely bigoted and racist, especially towards East Asians. As most of you probably don’t know, my father is full Japanese and my siblings and I are half so hearing that a family member close to me is bigoted and racist towards their own family was painful. Although she’s never said anything to me, she’s said stuff about it to my father and older sister who were fed up with her. She’d also talk crap to my mother for joining an Asian church and marrying an Asian man. I’m not going to say anything more about this but just that this still plagues me and will probably for the rest of my life. Anyway back to Mcgamer and how this relates, I was going through difficult times in December and early into this year because of that. I’m not going into detail about this, not because I can’t but because I really don’t want to get into this crap again. I was paranoid that all my friends on the internet hate me because of this person spreading lies and talking crap about me. Maybe that was just me being paranoid but I honestly think that’s what happened considering that some of them who used to be my closest friends won’t even talk to me anymore. Also, I had a falling out with my close friend at the time due to some awful person and I feel really guilty about what happened with them. My friends all stick up for this person so it really makes me question what kind of people they are. All this crapfest led up to me completely thinking that my online time nowadays will never be the same as it once was.

So to keep a long story short, my resignation was due to pretty much everything that happened in the previous paragraph with it being a load of personal problems but also because I really wondered if people here were just being fake with me. I had a moral clashing with a lot of them and wondered how they could stand by horrible people.

But even though I did encounter people who were just plain awful, there’s especially this one person I will never regret meeting, no matter what I say about them. This person has been by my side through this whole ordeal and no matter what happened, they were always there for me in the most fitting way possible. Even though I tease them a lot for dumb things, I know that they’ll always be there.

Anyway, sorry for this long story but I do still love mcgamer as a whole and I do intend to stick around although I won’t be on as often as I used to. So, thank you guys so much for reading and goodbye until next time!

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
Kaylie you were always one of my closest friends here, even though we didn't talk much for way too long. It was nice to talk that one night before you resigned though :) It's unfortunate you had to resign but every great thing comes to an end. I don't have any waiting buddies anymore now :(

Jyris

Experienced
Reaction score
It's such a shame to hear that :/

I hope everything is going well for you currently, you have my wishes and thank you for the time and contribution you put towards this server!

Best regards,
Jyris

J

District 13
Reaction score
this person ur talking about is me right :sneaky:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member