• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff My long overdue resignation letter,

Razzledgirl

Career
Reaction score
Hey everyone! This is long overdue as the title states, and quite unfinished. However, if I were to wait til I was finished I would be posting this in 2017. So, here goes!
My time has come to leave the MCGamer Administration. I have been a part of this team since December 13th 2013, and I must say it has been an experience. Back then I joined the team to create a fun and awesome Creative server for all to enjoy, and I hope despite it’s flaws you all enjoyed it! I had many ideas and events planned for Creative that I unfortunately I couldn’t bring to fruition. I’d share what they are with you, but if we ever have another Creative server I’d like to let them keep that surprise! After Creative had to be shut down, I was left clueless as what to do.

To the staff team:

In all my free time I started to fall in love with each and every one of you. You all never ceased to inspire me. I saw the Staff team as a group of people with so much hope, craving direction, so they could continue to improve what we know as MCGamer. I made it my mission to do my best to provide some direction for those that I could, the Sr. Staff. Every month I can honestly say I looked forward to our Activity Checks the most. I loved seeing so many people so passionate about this community. I loved getting to know each and every one of you, and I’m glad to have been, and still be a part of your lives. I know all of you will continue to do amazing things, and those of you that have already left, I know you will take what you have learned here and apply it to your life now.

Moderators, when it was finally my time to take over your trainings, activity checks, and concerns, I did my best. I wish I could have personally known more of you on a deeper level, but to those I did - I am sincerely happy to have met you. Like the Sr. Staff, you all try your best for this Network, and it shows. We won’t ever be able to please everyone, but the fact that you continue to push through and try your best is amazing. I am so proud of you. Even if the only time I ever spoke to you wasn’t about the most pleasant of things, know that I meant what I’ve said. It is OKAY to make mistakes, they are a blessing in disguise. Without falling, you will never learn how to get up from the fall. When the shock passes, use those experiences to improve and better yourself. Be proud of yourself for having the strength to do that, because not many people do. You are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

To the community:

Without you, MCGamer would not exist. Without you, we wouldn’t have a staff team. You are the core to this wonderful Network, I know this. I know it didn’t always seem that my focus was on the community itself; however, my focus on the staff team relayed back on the community. With Mods being the forefront to help you guys, I tried my best to orchestrate them in a way that would serve your needs and wants to the best of our abilities. For many of you, MCGamer is so important to you for so many different reasons. It’s an escape, a place to feel safe, a place to have fun. If this is a place for you to escape the outside world and feel welcome within a community that has fun and loves each other, that is fantastic. And we all need to provide that for one another. I know that it is easy to hop on negative bandwagons and bring each other down, but if we want this place to continue to flourish and we all want this to be a place full of love for one another, then it is essential that we all pitch in to provide that safety for everyone.

I am blessed to have been able to spend so much time here. However, life happens, and it is time for me to move on. My husband and I are starting a business, looking at houses, thinking about starting a family. All things I am so happy to even be able to do right now. But clearly, I have to leave before we can start this next chapter of our lives.

I want you to know that I love each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart, and for the past two years I have thought many times about leaving for the previous reasons. Every time I have felt guilty, that if I were to leave those I love here alone, they would feel abandoned. To be honest, I still feel quite guilty. But I have spent too long putting others first, and for the sake of my own sanity I hope you all can understand it is time for me to take my own advice.

“Nothing is more important than your well-being. I love you, and I want you to be happy. If that means you cannot be here anymore, then I urge you to leave, because your happiness is much more important than MCGamer.”

I love me. It is my time now to show that to myself. I hope that you can all understand that, and know I will never be gone from your life. I am here, I will always be here for you, and I am so happy to have met each and every one of you.

~--------------------------------------------------------------------~
The following are a few messages for certain individuals who have made my time here memorable. I will hopefully be editing in new messages over time. It has taken me a month to write only a few messages, and I realize I need to bite the bullet and finish later. If you are not listed, please don't take offence! YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU BOO!! These are in no particular order.

Le0
Oh how I miss you. You were my first real friend within the staff team, and I am so sad that our time working together was so short. However, I know you did what you had to do, and as your genuine friend I respect that completely. I am so happy to have met you, and I hope even though I've been busy these past couple years, that you still consider me your friend. Remember QQ together? We each went our own route and met up after a couple minutes. All the times you had to save me because I can't PVP to save my life. Those were the times I had the most fun playing on our servers. I love you like a sister, Arna.

Dammitdeanne
I'll never forget the sweetest girl I ever met on TS that wonderful day. I was still a friend rank, and no one but the administration knew who I was. You asked me if I'd like to play with you and we spent so much time together. I had no clue what I was doing so I followed you to all of your routes, and even though we died immediately almost every time, i truly felt happy to spend that time with you. You were the first friend I ever had on these servers (besides Chad) and I am so happy that we still are. You were the one to teach me my first route on QQ as well! I'm so glad you never stopped trying to join the staff team, because you do a fantastic job. Remember that mistakes are okay. That is how we learn, and that is how I learned. I look forward to spending time with my awesome friend Deanne more, now that I don't have to be your boss, and I'm not so busy!!! I love you girl.

Joey
While there were rough times to our friendship, I do not regret it one bit. There were times when we cried, times when we laughed, and times when we both just needed each other. I haven't spoken to you much since you left, but I hope you know it's because I've been busy. I also hope you know in your heart I will always be here for you, and I will always be your friend. I love you so, so, so much, and I miss you even more. I will still always randomly @ you on twitter, or send you a random message. I love stalking your life and seeing how happy you are now.

TotalDramaTony
My boo. You are so strong, beautiful, kind, wonderful, and courageous. Remember when we first met? I am so glad I was a part of your experience as a staff member, and I hope my guidance helped you. I lived for our Activity checks. Sometimes I worried that you didn't know how much I cared about you, and that you felt alone. Truth is, I thought of you every day. I purposefully held off our activity checks until a day when I would be free for awhile so that we could talk for HOURS!! About mcgamer, and about life. Having you as a part of my experience has made it that much better. Having you as one of my Sr. Moderators was amazing. Your work was always top notch, and if you made mistakes you were quick to learn and accepted criticism. You spent countless of hours doing anything and everything you could in order to help, often times going with little to no sleep. When I was up all night working, I knew you were there beside me helping me get er’ done. I meant everything I said in your letter of recommendation, so I won’t write an essay again here! Most importantly, having you as a friend has made me feel whole. You are my best friend. I love you tony. Keep talking to me, I never want to lose you.

Chandelle
Chandelle! My love! I remember back when you were a Sr. Moderator and our wonderful Activity Checks. I am proud to have been a part of your growth within the Staff team. You have always been there for some great laughs, and during your time within the Sr. Staff and Administration, you were always someone who brought the team together. I do not regret hiring you into the Administration one bit. Even though you have now left, I want you to know you have amazed me, and everyone else. You do a fantastic job with anything that is given to you, and when your work is criticized you are quick to learn and do better. I am certain anything you choose to go into in the future you will do wonderfully, you just do. Believe in yourself. You are such a loving individual, and I am glad to have met you. I hope we continue our wonderful #squad, chandaddy. By the way, did you run out of ink? Paper? Do I need to give you refills? Oh and, don’t forget to meet Alyssa and I at Universal!!!

KellieBreanne
Man, has it been a long time. Remember when we didn’t get along?! It’s hilarious to think about that now, just look at our friendship today. While the beginning wasn’t the greatest, what followed was and is amazing. I am so happy that I finally spoke with you, because working with you has been amazing these years. Your dedication to MCGamer is like no-other. You know that, and I know that. While juggling real life struggles (Girl, you know I understand we in this together), you always managed to provide your time to this place. In a sense I even envied you :p! I wanted to take a break from time to time, but I couldn’t. Maybe if I had I wouldn’t of had to leave. I can’t believe you asked me to be your bridesmaid, even if it has already happened! When I told you I may not still be your boss by the wedding, you didn’t even care! I truly have a friend in you that I can see surpassing a minecraft server. I am so happy to have met you, and I hope you know I’ll always be here even if I’ve vanished off into the shadows a bit. Remember your Sr. Staff Share the Love? I have a copy of it saved on my computer - when I feel down, I still read what you wrote. I love you so much.

Nephilim
We have not spoken as friends for awhile now, but I want you to know you are special to me. I remember hiring you, y’know, just another trial batch, right? No. From the moment you joined the team you swept through like a tornado and got the job done. You showed that you were worthy of everything you had been given, and more so. You were simply amazing, and I’m sure you still are. I’m sad our time together was so short - I hope you know I never wanted it to be as short as it was, but I am extremely glad to have met you. The long conversations we would have are still special to me now, and when I think of you I just wish we could go out and get coffee and talk about life again. I miss you Neph, and I’ll never forget you.

MisiLica
We’ve worked together for a long time, and in that time you always did well. On top of that, almost always had extra work on top of your normal duties, and a lot of it. With all that in mind, I honestly feel bad for only connecting with you on a deeper level so close to your departure from the team. We always had Activity Checks, but while I thought I had tried my best there always seemed to be a wall there that I couldn’t break. I realize now it was because I wasn’t looking in the right place - you were practically yelling into my ear telling me what I needed but I wasn’t listening, and for that I am sorry. I am glad that eventually that wall could be broken, and that we could have a good last couple weeks to your reign as Sr. Staff. I felt like I had uncovered treasure when I finally gave a closer look to the Mod Buddies, as while it wasn’t your original creation, you made it an amazing program over the past few months. That is your work in a nutshell to me Misi, absolutely fantastic. I am so happy that you have put yourself first, and I hope to talk to you more in the future. Oh, and I promise I’ll never call you a ‘she’ again!

Alyssa
Alyssssssaaaa is fabulous! You definitely are. Working with you has been an absolute pleasure, and getting to know you as a friend has been even better. While you were often strong headed - you were always willing to learn. Once you had, you made it your absolute priority to use that knowledge on the work ahead of you - and in doing so did an absolutely amazing job. I cannot thank you enough for all the work you have done for MCGamer, all the sleepless nights over Activity Checks, Mod Buddies, OMN, you did it all, and you always gave 110%. Staying up to listen to your presentation was absolutely worth it, and I loved helping you in any way that I could! Your freakin’ teacher was a bit too nit picky in my opinion - you rocked it. I wish I could have had more activity checks with you, they were always so much fun. We would talk for hours and frankly I usually had a hard time telling you on what you could improve on, since you are JUST THAT GOOD AT WHAT YOU DO. I know one thing however, you are an extremely beautiful individual with so much potential, and I want you to see that in yourself. When I meet you one day and we go to Universal, you better be struttin’ your stuff with confidence because you’re just that awesome!

Frankyy
I'll be honest, when I first promoted you I did not know much more about you than what could be seen in activity checks, and what others had told me of your keen ability to light up a room and make others comfortable. I took a chance, and I'm glad I did. It is true- you are one amazing individual. I wish that I could have spent more time with you here. You could make me laugh, cry, feel loved, and you were one of the biggest reasons as to why our team(razzberries) felt like a family. Getting to know you has been wonderful. We've had some long talks with us both sitting outside for hours (lol!), and I'm glad we did. You are an inspiring individual, with so much love and compassion to give. I truly hope you see that in yourself, and that you give yourself the same love you give others. I love you Frankyy, please, just keep being you.

TeeArrr

Quantum
Reaction score
Thank you for everything you have done for the server, good luck with everything you have planned :)

Alyssa

Fabulous
Reaction score
I hadn't even started reading and I was already in tears. I love you so much Razz and thank you so much for everything you have ever done for this place and everything you have ever done for me. You're such an amazing person inside and out, you mean so much to me girl. Ever since becoming a Sr Mod, right from the get go you were there for me. Even though on the first day of my trial you told me off, it is okay because if you didn't I wouldn't have learnt from that. You were always helping us, teaching us more and more knowledge every day, making us the best possible Sr Mod we could ever be. You were just such an amazing Admin to have around and such an amazing friend. No one will ever be able to replace you in this team, you're irreplaceable. I always knew I could come to you whenever I needed it, it was comforting knowing that you would always be there, be by our sides along the whole journey. And even though you were always helping us you were giving us opportunities to go out on our own, make mistakes, stuff up, you taught us that mistakes were okay and they don't shape you or label you for who you are, they make you learn and become a better person and Razz you are my role model in life. I love you so much and I cannot wait to meet you and go to universal with you (get a coffee with my mum). I love you girl so much and I will never forget you <3

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
Thank you for everything Razz, good luck with all your future plans. :)

Goldsminer

Platinum
Reaction score
So sad to see the end of the Razztabulous era. You will be greatly missed by the entire team. Whilst we only talked a few times each time was great fun, you are such an uplifting, kind and caring person who I will always remember. <3

Nicko

Quantum
Reaction score
Good luck with everything in life Razz!

PaulBlart

Survivor
Reaction score
Thank you for your service to your local mall and your service to your country.

AtomiicDynamite

Quantum
Reaction score
Goodbye. Thank you for all your work Razz you were an amazing admin. Gl in life

:'(

Omar

District 13
Reaction score
goodbye and good luck in life !!!!!

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't know how happy I am to see Razz leave with a good smile and a great big heart for the community. With the terrible struggles that both the community and the staff team have had to endure, it's safe to say that she was always the one person people will always look at for answers, comfort, and joy. I would like to firstly say, thank you for telling us all of this. If you had left the community more abruptly without any word to be spoken, then I, and many others would have been left heart-broken. Thankfully, we now understand everything, so thank you for this on a side-note.
Nonetheless, seeing you leave after well-over two whole years of incredible service in the community is absolutely heart-breaking. Seeing one of the most influential people in my life go so soon somewhat makes me feel... Empty. Ever since I have joined the staff team, I have always anticipated that I wouldn't last long, and that I would have resigned well before all the wonderful people like you would. Unfortunately I was wrong.

Every moment the staff team and the community had with you was every person's best moment in the community. There is something about you that makes you particularly special amongst the community, and there are so many reasons for me to say why you are an amazing person. Firstly, your influence to spread kindness is on a whole different level, in which every single person that seeks out your guidance will never fail to find satisfaction in your help and care. This leads to my second point, the fact that people have constantly tried to seek out your guidance and help shows how amazing you are at listening to the community. You're practically like a mother to us!

I want you to keep in mind that you are literally one of the only few people I have ever opened up to with the issues I had going on in my life. During a meeting we had at one point in time, you listened to literally everything I had to say, and on top of that, you listened to my sulking, sobbing, and me crying like a total baby. You cared enough to understand how I felt at the time, and without fail, helped me climb out of a dark hole. And to this day, I don't know how I can thank you enough.

One of my proudest moments with you was when I applied for the staff position for my second and my third time. In my second interview, I inevitably failed. But what was even funnier was the fact that I was the only one out of my waiting buddies who failed it. xP
Regardless, despite having not succeeded the second time, you still had faith in me. You still genuinely believed that I could do it, and become a staff member one day. And you were so generous enough to provide me time to say a goodbye, and a good luck message to those in the waiting room to try and inspire them like you would inspire everyone else. And thankfully, that did work out in the end!
Dwelling in the past of my third interview; no matter how I looked at it, I always thought it was a slightly awkward one. Jamie came into the room whilst I was answering one of your questions, and I just abruptly stopped to say hi! xD
But I always thought to myself "Damn, I'm seriously lucky to have Razz be a part of my interview, twice!".

I still think I'm lucky to have had you been a part of my staff team experience for so long. However, one of my biggest regrets is not having applied sooner, because if I ever got the opportunity to moderate the Creative servers, I would do it within a heartbeat. It was because of you I made some of my closest online friends and connected with so many wonderful people in the creative gamemode. And it was because of your genius ideas that MCGamer came to fruition and filled itself with so much life. And it pains me to see that this ideal is no longer with us. But that is okay. Because the memories made here was all due to your responsibility. And it was because of you so many people have found their comfort, and a reason to belong to MCGamer.

I know, you're really modest. And you hate it when I compliment you, or give you these emotional speeches saying why you're so damn amazing. But just this once, I will do this for you. Because you have every single right to know the truth, and that is you are pretty much the best thing that happened to EVERYONE. So I think everyone should share a moment they spent with Razz, because we must pay a tribute to the wonderful things you have done for us.

At the moment, I am currently on a month-long leave due to very important examinations, but I have stopped by to leave this little message. Also, to be honest, you'd make a great mom, remember that!
Once again, Razzledgirl, thank you. Thank you for absolutely everything. It will be an honor to carry on your legacy through your wonderful influence. We will miss you.
Be happy for us from now on, ok? <3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci