• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My MCSG Story - 1000 Posts!

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
I've finally reached 1000 posts! :D

This is actually really big achievement for me because I am now an active memb- o wait ;-;

Anyway I thought I would do the average mainstream story and thankyous.

Just a quick introduction if you don’t me at all: I’m Molly :D. I’m 16 and live in Wales. Things I like include bands, cats, poptarts, tea, pretty little liars, youtube, and mcsg. Things I hate include the welsh language, getting up early and my slow internet.

anyway here we goooo

So I first found out that Minecraft existed during New Year 2010. My family were at my aunt's house for new years and my cousin was playing it. At this time my brother and I were 11 (twins yo) and my cousin was about 13/14. Anyway I wasn’t really interested in computer games very much so sat there while my cousin explained the entire game to my brother. Long story short my brother bought it when we got home and after about a month into 2011 he persuaded me to try it. And I got a little addicted to it… I just used his account which is named quite randomly: Mlpoknzaba. During 2011 I played Minecraft A LOT, but only single player and I was extremely bad at it. I thought I was amazing but looking back on then I barely knew anything about what I was doing.

Then, on May 8th 2012, my brother told me about this new Hunger Games Minecraft server. Immediately I wanted to try it because I loved The Hunger Games books. I was honestly obsessed with them and had read them back in 2010/11 before the mention of any films. So he made a forums account and then logged in to a server. Eventually I had a chance to use his account and I remember spending many hours running aimlessly around sg1, dying to very understacked players and refreshing the website a thousand times to find a single lobby free to join.

Anyway eventually I got bored because I was completely awful at the game. Our computer only ran at a maximum of 50fps which didn’t help. I slowly drifted away from and back to mcsg, trying to find out what changes had been made to improve the server when I was gone each time. Finally, I got my first win, probably about December 2012 xD (lol I was so bad- my brother and I had about a 3/200 ratio on his account at that time). This was still on my brother’s acc Mlpoknzaba and it was the only win I ever got on it. I still remember it, I was on sg4 and didn’t really have much when deathmatch started. Somehow, I managed to get a very nooby cleanup on some stacked guy and I won c:

In February 2013 I wanted my own Minecraft account. It was actually so Mlpoknzaba and I could team xD. I decided on the username TheMangoTiger. The reason behind this…. well I like mangos and tigers :3. Gradually I slightly improved at MCSG and managed to pick up a couple of wins over the next few months. I joined the forums after my brother (again) was using them and I made an account because I thought you were meant to have one if you played on the server xD. My forum account was created May 2nd 2013, and I started using it more actively in about August/September that year.

Then something pretty cool happened! I had been reading the forums a lot and I saw that Sixzoseven was having an iron donor giveaway. Somehow I managed to win, being the 607th reply on his thread. Having iron donor made me play more regularly through October/November 2013 when I had it. I reached 10 wins (lol) I got my 10th win using a watermelon as a weapon because the last guy was afk. Here I should probably mention that we persuaded our parents to buy a new family computer at this time, as ours was painfully slow, and we got a much better one that runs mcsg at about 200-300fps then.

After my iron donor ran out, I was pretty annoyed because I was used to getting into full games. I decided to ask for a diamond donor rank for Christmas, along with my bro. My parents bought them for us in the black Friday sale in early December 2013. From having this rank I definitely played MCSG a lot more than I ever had before. Collecting wins like a total pro (not), I managed to get to about a 50/700 ratio by early 2014. I also was using the forums a lot more and had also joined an awesome skype group called the ‘casual mcsgers’ (<3). I was talking to lots of awesome people and getting more wins so things were pretty damn great.

Throughout summer 2014 I didn’t play mcsg as much as I had been during winter and spring. I think it was because over several reasons: Summer was warmer and so there was more stuff to do.. (when I say warmer I mean about 60/70 degrees which is boiling for here). Also I found other things to do as I became addicted to…. Twitter (dontjudgeme;-;). I used twitter more that is definitely healthy for a human being. I never wanted to officially ‘leave’ as I did go on Minecraft and the forums every now and then, trying to become more active. I would sometimes play the creative server too, and I built some super cool pixel art of 5sos on there so I hoping it’s not gone forever;-;

Eventually, as suspected, twitter got pretty boring and I found myself browsing the forums again, in August/September. During autumn (or ‘fall’) and winter of 2014 I started collecting more wins and becoming more active again on the forums. Although my original aim was 100 wins by April 2014, it didn’t actually happen until 15th January 2015…..better late than never though

Most people say that the best time of mcsg was either 2012 or summer 2013, but for me it was winter 2013-2014, and of course hopefully this year! I have participated in some community events such as the Deception Games 2 and the ‘mcgamer treasure hunt’ back in September, and also try and go on teamspeak more often and talk to more people. I also recently joined the build team Kithex. I passed my trial just over a week ago and although I haven’t contributed much to it yet I hope to in the near future!

I don’t really want to set myself any goals for the future, except just to stay active here. Hopefully I can achieve that for as long as possible! I have noticed a drop in my interest in school since I joined mcsg and more when I joined the forums. I’m currently in year 11 and so I feel like I should focus more on school and my gcses but I’m trying to balance it with Minecraft and the other stuff I do with my life.

So there is my story! If you read it all you deserve a cookie. Over 4 years of Minecraft, almost 3 years of (failing at) mcsg, and 1.5 years of forumminginging. Now, at 16, I feel like I am too old for this game but I love it too much to stop playing. My brother actually stop playing Minecraft long ago but I’m still here rambling on xD.

le small sidenote: Reading over this I realised that my brother introduced me to most of this originally xD. He showed me minecraft, mcsg, the forums and the hunger games books… so, I guess I have to thank him for that c:
Also my story is twice as long as my sixth form school application, so that’s a sign of my priorities here *high-fives self*.

Sorry for the lack of organisation, random emoji placement, extra stuff in brackets, and general babbling randomness in this thread. I don’t generally write huge chunks on the forums but I wanted to share my own story with everyone c:

So.. I guess I’ll tag some people now. These thankyous will be short because this story took ages, but thanks to everyone for making my mcgamer experience enjoyable and amazing :D :

The Casual Mcsgers:
Zaex - One of you people still plays mcsg xD I'm really glad you got mod finally, you deserved it c:
Beyoncé - I'm so happy for you that you're going to vidcon <3 plus I know you want a twin but trust me you don't xD
billyguy1 - You are still a forum god plus that 2048 game you made is life
Claps - come back ;-;
Pixelatorx2 - you're a coding genius that is all
Brownieee - where'd you go ;-; you're cwl
Beardy - you're cool but I guess you kinda quit too ;-;
TheManeEvent - ok ok ok ok ok ok ok
Mooclan - Even though you joined the chat late idc you are still are a forum legend and you should stream more :)
Cat_On_A_Poptart - I know you left, but the chat was crazy with you in it :3
I know most you guys hardly come on here anymore, but just wanted to say: although you probably don't realise it, you were all my first proper friends here. You guys are always really nice to me and even though the chat really isn't as active as it used to be we had some great times:D thanks <3

Mlpoknzaba
Well, thanks for showing me this place x) Even though you are super annoying at times I guess you're nice most of the time

Chobski
Thanks for helping me win lol xD We should play mcsg again soon c:, gl with your yt and everything!
YourAverageTiger
Ayyyy you're really nice and we suck at mcsg together lol this is lame im sorry
You're ts friends are cool too xD
Sam
#sam4seniormod pls
Hazzy16
We played mcsg together agesssss ago and it was fun lol (you probably don't rememeber ;P)
J4meyh
old time mcsg legend c:
Mango
I don't know if you left but playing mcsg with you is fun #mangoes
AmyGlitters
You were an awesome mod and I know you resigned ages ago but thanks for organising that mcsg treasure hunt agessss ago with those other people because it was really fun c:
Guinessis
ORIGINS IS AMAZING
SixZoSeven
I don't know if you remember that competition you held back in oct 2013, but thanks again for the iron donor i won in it! c:
@everyone in Kithex
I hope to help out more soon, thanks for accepting me c:
Exploding_Wrath
Waiting for you to get the #1 spot it has to happen
Ceroria
forgot to tag you orginally (sorreh) but I just wanted to say you are ones of the best mods in the community in my opinion, waiting for you to get senior mod c:
Miner9823
You're so good at forumming, you always seem to know what to say c:
OhFancy
You are a forum god and car building god ;)
Harris|DareDevilMan1
Long time no see :)
TheCornStealer
eat a mango c;

AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO HAS EVER BEEN NICE TO ME :D

if i didnt tag you... hey lets be friends
sorry this story is really long I got carried away

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great story Mango :D
Also, I don't think we've ever had a conversation bigger than 5 lines x3
"Hey!"